First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fossil fuels are going the way of the dodo bird with great rapidity. Most OEMs and civilized nations are well into that journey. And most the folks currently hooting about gasoline forever will be hooting about how wonderful their BEVs are come 2030. Just like they hooted about how they'll never own a computer, or a cell phone, or whatever innovation they wanted to deride on any given day. And now they have and love all those things.

Hybrids are a great transitional step, and all the hybrid owners here should be justifiably happy with their Mavericks. Ditto the ICE buyers (that's what I ordered). If it meets your needs for now and the next few years, you should be happy and tell the stone throwers to go pound sand. When BEV makes a financial and ownership offer that you personally can't refuse, then (and not before then) that's when you should go BEV. And if you hate BEVs, then drive around in your ICE forever and you be happy too.

FWIW, about ZERO OEMs are currently launching new ICE engine programs. All that investment is going into BEV vehicles because sticking with ICE is a great way to drive your business into bankruptcy before the decade ends. So anyone who thinks they're smarter than the assembled engineering talent of a dozen global automotive OEMs, by all means give us your brilliant predictions for a gasoline powered future.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Fossil fuels are going the way of the dodo bird with great rapidity. Most OEMs and civilized nations are well into that journey. And most the folks currently hooting about gasoline forever will be hooting about how wonderful their BEVs are come 2030. Just like they hooted about how they'll never own a computer, or a cell phone, or whatever innovation they wanted to deride on any given day. And now they have and love all those things.

Hybrids are a great transitional step, and all the hybrid owners here should be justifiably happy with their Mavericks. Ditto the ICE buyers (that's what I ordered). If it meets your needs for now and the next few years, you should be happy and tell the stone throwers to go pound sand. When BEV makes a financial and ownership offer that you personally can't refuse, then (and not before then) that's when you should go BEV. And if you hate BEVs, then drive around in your ICE forever and you be happy too.

FWIW, about ZERO OEMs are currently launching new ICE engine programs. All that investment is going into BEV vehicles because sticking with ICE is a great way to drive your business into bankruptcy before the decade ends. So anyone who thinks they're smarter than the assembled engineering talent of a dozen global automotive OEMs, by all means give us your brilliant predictions for a gasoline powered future.
It's a catch 22, the middle east owned the oil in the 70's and the Embargo ruined our economy. Guess who owns most of the Lithium mines. Not us. You need to start with China with all their dirty industries by pulling back our manufacturing plants from China. Americans will pay higher prices for goods, but China will start to realize that they are the worst polluters on the planet. The Arabs understand what will happen. They tell their children, we rode camels for centuries, now we drive big SUV's and someday we will ride camels again.

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome post. It's nice to see more positive posts on here. Not sure how we went from lower carbon emissions to batteries filling landfills. Can't please everyone I guess. I'm just super happy Ford is taking the steps to rightfully progress towards a cleaner future, for all of us. Long overdue.

Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have read these posts since the day I ordered a Maverick XLT, hybrid. Yeah, it took a few months longer to get than was told (ordered in September and received in April), but it was received for the contract price with 0% financing, and Ventura Ford has been very helpful with anything I have needed. I have put 3500 miles on this truck by taking several road trips into the mountains, one of which we were towing a small camping trailer. Even used the low range, and this front wheel drive truck goes almost anywhere compared to my Subaru Crosstrek. I am happy to say that we are averaging almost 39mpg when all is said and done. In fact, around town it is not uncommon to get almost 50mpg.
No issues at all.
I understand that there is a recall for a fire issue. Just pop the hood and look at the engine floor pan, and you will see how this could be an issue many years down the road if you get a small oil leak. But you will also see how a few hours drilled will solve any future problems. This should not be a deal breaker for any prospective buyers.
Like many others have stated in other posts, I no longer fear the gas station and the extremely high prices in CA. More importantly, I feel I'm doing my part in lowering the use of fossil fuels ( we also have a electric vehicle for our town duties), while not compromising lifestyle.
So there you have it, I am stoked on the 2022 Ford Maverick, and even more stoked how this small but versatile truck is creating a much needed change in the automotive industry. Good job Ford. BTW, I never would have considered buying a Ford before the Maverick came out.
Thanks for reading.
70754119018978675121655912832969_01.jpg
IMG_20220710_102619355_HDR.jpg
Your experiences are pretty much identical to mine so far. I have no regrets with this purchase. Great vehicle.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to read the radio glitches were fixed.

Silvehand21

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Contour sport
It's easy to be happy when your have your truck. I've been waiting for my lariet hybrid since August 13th. That's 11 months tomorrow. Even if it got scheduled tomorrow I wouldn't see it until October at the earliest. And that's IF I ever get it.

Who knows how much longer it would take to get a 23! December? January? Even that seems like wishful thinking.

Idk kinda think I've been on this wagon too long. Maybe Ford wants to see more people in the Detroit area driving competitors vehicles kind of seems like it sometimes.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree. I’m glad the op likes his truck. However, fossil fuel is not going anywhere. And the US is not the culprit regarding pollution. Other nations, like China have no regard for the environment. I’m still waiting for the greenies to tell me how they are going to electrify the agriculture and rail industries. So stupid!
Biden is saving the Planet, er I mean America. By shutting down US Refinerys and begging Saudi Arabia to pump and produce more oil, all of the pollution will be on them and we are protected! He is also selling our Strategic Oil Reserves to China, so they can refine it into gas, there again ruining China and protecting America, See we have nothing to worry about... not a single thing

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, we'll see. It will depend on a LOT of things like a neglected infrastructure, consumer cooperation, giant investment and a lot of things.

Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Back to GOOD NEWS. Remember all FORDS problems and Farley goes racing and doubles his salary.

Wonder how Lee Iacocca made it on a Dollar a year at Chrysler. Farley was hired to increase profits, not quality.

Ford CEO Jim Farley's 2021 compensation nearly doubles
Big stock awards and performance gave Ford CEO Jim Farley a major boost in his 2021 payout.

March 18, 2022 11:26 AM

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to inject some perspective, with the batteries in a Hummer EV, you could build 190 Mavericks. Hybrids are the best way to reduce fleet emissions given current constraints on battery supply.
190 ???!!! Is that true? Even if I had the money, I don’t get the point of buying one. Is it just like spending $10,000 on a watch? Just spend it because you don’t know what else to do with it?

OhLeo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara, Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have read these posts since the day I ordered a Maverick XLT, hybrid. Yeah, it took a few months longer to get than was told (ordered in September and received in April), but it was received for the contract price with 0% financing, and Ventura Ford has been very helpful with anything I have needed. I have put 3500 miles on this truck by taking several road trips into the mountains, one of which we were towing a small camping trailer. Even used the low range, and this front wheel drive truck goes almost anywhere compared to my Subaru Crosstrek. I am happy to say that we are averaging almost 39mpg when all is said and done. In fact, around town it is not uncommon to get almost 50mpg.
No issues at all.
I understand that there is a recall for a fire issue. Just pop the hood and look at the engine floor pan, and you will see how this could be an issue many years down the road if you get a small oil leak. But you will also see how a few hours drilled will solve any future problems. This should not be a deal breaker for any prospective buyers.
Like many others have stated in other posts, I no longer fear the gas station and the extremely high prices in CA. More importantly, I feel I'm doing my part in lowering the use of fossil fuels ( we also have a electric vehicle for our town duties), while not compromising lifestyle.
So there you have it, I am stoked on the 2022 Ford Maverick, and even more stoked how this small but versatile truck is creating a much needed change in the automotive industry. Good job Ford. BTW, I never would have considered buying a Ford before the Maverick came out.
Thanks for reading.
70754119018978675121655912832969_01.jpg
IMG_20220710_102619355_HDR.jpg
I'm glad you had such a good experience with Ford of Ventura, mine is on order with them and they have assured me several times that it would be sticker price and that's it. I think I can relax now and wait, and wait, and wait... I ordered a Lariat Lux Hybrid with CP360, it's looking like a '23 at this point. Ford of Ventura was very upfront about when it would come in, they had no idea and told me that from the start.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
190 ???!!! Is that true? Even if I had the money, I don’t get the point of buying one. Is it just like spending $10,000 on a watch? Just spend it because you don’t know what else to do with it?
Yeah, it’s a statu symbol, with faux green cred.

And yes, 190 is true. The Hummer EV has a 210 kWh battery. 1.1 kWh for the Mav.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it’s a statu symbol, with faux green cred.

And yes, 190 is true. The Hummer EV has a 210 kWh battery. 1.1 kWh for the Mav.
People should be able to buy it if they want, but it seems like a strange purchase. To each his own.
Sponsored