Sponsored

High Hopes! Bronco Sport lift kit uses front subframe spacers!

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s not a combination for “off-roading”.

Who elected you the judge of what is and is not "off-raoding". People go off the road for all kinds of reasons. Very few engage in rock crawling and rally sports. Most use them to get into nature for various outdoor activities. And extra few inches of clearance can make all the difference in getting to that special spot or getting stuck in the mud or hung up on a rock. The gatekeeping going on by you is ridiculous.

My stock FX4 AWD 4K does pretty damn good with 245/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are 39 lbs each. I still get over 30mpg doing 55mph. It has taken me to some great camping, hunting, and fishing spots. I have definitely scraped some but never gotten stuck in mud or snow. And it has towed 4k trailer several thousand miles. I love it. Best vehicle I have ever owned including much bigger trucks and more capable SUVs.
Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ohh yeah Flatouts coilover kit is nice. The HRG kit is the first I have seen with front subframe spacers. I love it all.
2" or less lift and Flatout says the front subframe spacers aren't needed. Only time will tell really. Subframe spacers negate the ground clearance increase. I would rather stick with 2" up front and 1.5" in the rear and not use the spacers. But i'm not changing anything until the factory warranty is up. Hopefully all these kinks are worked out in the meantime by others and their money. Looking forward to seeing more about the tremor half-shafts when they start getting to customers.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who elected you the judge of what is and is not "off-raoding". The gatekeeping going on by you is ridiculous.

My stock FX4 AWD 4K does pretty damn good with 245/65R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They are 39 lbs each. I still get over 30mpg doing 55mph. It has taken me to some great camping, hunting, and fishing spots. I have definitely scraped some but never gotten stuck in mud or snow. And it has towed 4k trailer several thousand miles. I love it. Best vehicle I have ever owned including much bigger trucks and more capable SUVs.
LOL, it appears I've hit a nerve... I said nothing about your stock truck running 245s, I'm sure it does well under your conditions..

Under all the conditions you mention above (to include street driving, towing and fuel economy since you brought them up), Exactly how well would your stock Maverick do with 4" lift, the 32" tire hanging 55lbs of unsprung tire weight on year corner vs the stock ~25, raising the final drive ratio by ~13%, no ability to lock in low drive gears and no low range? Those were the conditions I referenced.

I don't care how anyone mods their vehicles, it's their choice, it was my observation. I'll drive my trucks off or on-road and they can drive theirs... I purchased my Maverick as a 4th daily driver specifically for the (6) 1000 mile fishing trips I take every year in order to keep those miles off my other DDs.

take care

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2" or less lift and Flatout says the front subframe spacers aren't needed. Only time will tell really. Subframe spacers negate the ground clearance increase. I would rather stick with 2" up front and 1.5" in the rear and not use the spacers. But i'm not changing anything until the factory warranty is up. Hopefully all these kinks are worked out in the meantime by others and their money. Looking forward to seeing more about the tremor half-shafts when they start getting to customers.
The HRG kit for the BS is over 2" so that would make sense it needed something. Although I thought it was to drop the transaxle a bit. Which yes does cost you clearance, but it its only 0.5 or 1" and can get you 2.5" of lift at the belly and a touch larger tire than a 2" kit then it is a net gain of ability. I one day may do serious mods to the suspension but that is alot of monthly payments away :ROFLMAO:. My first real interest is tweaking the rear trailing arms. I think they limit things a bit too much.

But yeah I really do detest the rock crawling as the most hardcore offroading thing. It just isnt. Formula offroad is the most hard core because they actually leave earth, and do flips and walk on water! I think the reason rock crawling is promoted so much is because it breaks stuff so much which makes you buy parts which pay for advertising, that makes content. I feel like climbing up a snot slick 30 or 50ft tall 45 degree hill with a run of speed and massive wheel spin at the top is way more extreme then lumbering over a rock a 2mph with 3 or 4 bros telling you how they would do it. I just wanna have some fun and sling a lil mud.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LOL, it appears I've hit a nerve... I said nothing about your stock truck running 245s, I'm sure it does well under your conditions..

Under all the conditions you mention above (to include street driving, towing and fuel economy since you brought them up), Exactly how well would your stock Maverick do with 4" lift, the 32" tire hanging 55lbs of unsprung tire weight on year corner vs the stock ~25, raising the final drive ratio by ~13%, no ability to lock in low drive gears and no low range? Those were the conditions I referenced.

I don't care how anyone mods their vehicles, it's their choice, it was my observation. I'll drive my trucks off or on-road and they can drive theirs... I purchased my Maverick as a 4th daily driver specifically for the (6) 1000 mile fishing trips I take every year in order to keep those miles off my other DDs.

take care
Compared to all the vehicles I have used as daily drivers and wheelers. A 32" tire on a Maverick will still outperform most of em on the road do just fine off it. The 8spd has the gearing.

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The HRG kit for the BS is over 2" so that would make sense it needed something. Although I thought it was to drop the transaxle a bit. Which yes does cost you clearance, but it its only 0.5 or 1" and can get you 2.5" of lift at the belly and a touch larger tire than a 2" kit then it is a net gain of ability. I one day may do serious mods to the suspension but that is alot of monthly payments away :ROFLMAO:. My first real interest is tweaking the rear trailing arms. I think they limit things a bit too much.

But yeah I really do detest the rock crawling as the most hardcore offroading thing. It just isnt. Formula offroad is the most hard core because they actually leave earth, and do flips and walk on water! I think the reason rock crawling is promoted so much is because it breaks stuff so much which makes you buy parts which pay for advertising, that makes content. I feel like climbing up a snot slick 30 or 50ft tall 45 degree hill with a run of speed and massive wheel spin at the top is way more extreme then lumbering over a rock a 2mph with 3 or 4 bros telling you how they would do it. I just wanna have some fun and sling a lil mud.
Gotta watch some rock bouncing, essentially forumla offraod just without the soft volcanic sand landing.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Gotta watch some rock bouncing, essentially formula offroad just without the soft volcanic sand landing.
Ohh they have done some cross competition in recent years. Rock bouncing does get into some pretty wild situations especially when they do different exhibition stuff like climbing smooth rock cliffs. But formula offroad is so official, methodical, and established. Its like as normalalized a thing a hydroplane boat racing is in the US. The way they zig zag their courses and have different things like water obstacles, mud pits, and the vertical stuff. Also a couple years ago I watched on one of the "Thors" do a double aerial flip, land it, and continue over the crest of the hill for the win!! Just insane, on crack based steroids, yet somehow a "gentlemans" motorsport.
Sponsored