Sponsored

High Hopes! Bronco Sport lift kit uses front subframe spacers!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just cruising the Bronco sport forum for shared platform offroading videos and saw that HRG now sell a 2.5" lift kit for the BS. It uses front and rear subframe spacers. Hopefully the success of this will open the door for serious lifts for the Bronco Sport and Maverick. One day someone might figure out a 4" lift and we can run 32s or so and have some serious ground clearance.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

my first thought was where is the link :D

here I'll go first -
Front engine skid:
JCR - The only skid on the market that allows for full oil changes without removing the skid!

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...t-front-engine-skid-plate-by-jcroffroad.7612/

here's hoping they tweak it for the Mav.

belly armor coming soon
:ROFLMAO:

Thankyou. I totally copied the link but somehow forgot to paste it :ROFLMAO:
This is to the Bronco Sport site.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/hrg-2-5-lift-kit-official-pics-details-specs.7589/

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the visor warning sticker $3.99

Ford Maverick High Hopes! Bronco Sport lift kit uses front subframe spacers! sticker

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Love it! How did they get that Bronco Sport on 35s?

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really sure what the front subframe spacers are really doing. It helps with the inner pivot bushings of the LCA I guess, but your CV's sure aren't going to be happy about adding 2.5" or droop. If you dropped the engine and transmission down, then you could have normal CV angles....kind of.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just cruising the Bronco sport forum for shared platform offroading videos and saw that HRG now sell a 2.5" lift kit for the BS. It uses front and rear subframe spacers. Hopefully the success of this will open the door for serious lifts for the Bronco Sport and Maverick. One day someone might figure out a 4" lift and we can run 32s or so and have some serious ground clearance.

Any thoughts?
Although I like out of the ordinary builds, it doesn't make sense for that much lift. It would take some wild modification, or a pure lack of caring to get that much lift. Mine as well just a ranger or F-150 at that point.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its cute that you think 4" is alot of lift. In the offroading world thats what you call a budget kit. I dont think its worth it to get a Ranger or F150. The thing about offroading is that size is the enemy. One of the reasons we are getting the maverick platform is that it will fit places without damage and is big enough inside to fit all our needs.

Not really sure what the front subframe spacers are really doing. It helps with the inner pivot bushings of the LCA I guess, but your CV's sure aren't going to be happy about adding 2.5" or droop. If you dropped the engine and transmission down, then you could have normal CV angles....kind of.
Im pretty sure the subframe spacers are lowering the engine/transaxle.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Flatout Suspension has 1.5" Rear Subframe Spacers. And also a Camber Adjustable Rear Control Arm. I am hoping to see one installed soon. Seems like the best lift kit available, but they are much more expensive than these basic spacer lifts.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/search?q=maverick

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Flatout Suspension has 1.5" Rear Subframe Spacers. And also a Camber Adjustable Rear Control Arm. I am hoping to see one installed soon. Seems like the best lift kit available, but they are much more expensive than these basic spacer lifts.

https://flatoutsuspension.net/search?q=maverick
Ohh yeah Flatouts coilover kit is nice. The HRG kit is the first I have seen with front subframe spacers. I love it all. The Maverick, I think, could be a really good off road platform. It isnt compromised like the BS by having the 1.5 being the main motor. The 2.0 is a good powerful motor, and with the Tremor/Badlands diff being potentially swappable(with programming). The wheel well are larger than the Bronco Sports and have been trimmed by one user to kindof accommodate 33s. Thats pretty serious. Being as cheap as it is to start that leaves people with money in their pocket to modify it.

Sponsored

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its cute that you think 4" is alot of lift. In the offroading world thats what you call a budget kit. I dont think its worth it to get a Ranger or F150. The thing about offroading is that size is the enemy. One of the reasons we are getting the maverick platform is that it will fit places without damage and is big enough inside to fit all our needs.

Im pretty sure the subframe spacers are lowering the engine/transaxle.
Not sure where I said 4" is a ton of lift. In context its a not practically achievable amount of lift for a FWD based vehicle. Can someone prove me wrong? Sure and I would love to see what they come up with too! (most likely would be cringe worthy though).

On most 1500 trucks 3" is about the max lift out of stock suspension geometry. It takes subframe drops, extended knuckles, etc. to get 4" + of lift.

Size of the vehicle is relative to the off-roading at hand, plenty of people rock crawl in 2500's and suburban's. The maverick with open diffs wont be taking you on an extreme trails regardless of the lift height, might get you a few more feet in the trail.

Also the motor/trans mounts that actually suspend them are bolted the the unibody not the cross member. The torque arm mounts to the subframe, spacing that would actually create a larger moment acting on the bolts. I believe the steering rack is also bolt to the subframe (as it is on most FWD vehicles).

Ford Maverick High Hopes! Bronco Sport lift kit uses front subframe spacers! 1669913694806

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not sure I can fathom what a pig a Maverick would be with a 31-32” 55 lb tire on each corner vs the stock ~25, a 4” larger diameter killing final drive ratio, no ability to select the drive gear, and no low range. That’s not a combination for “off-roading”.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
oink, oink

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure where I said 4" is a ton of lift. In context its a not practically achievable amount of lift for a FWD based vehicle. Can someone prove me wrong? Sure and I would love to see what they come up with too! (most likely would be cringe worthy though).

On most 1500 trucks 3" is about the max lift out of stock suspension geometry. It takes subframe drops, extended knuckles, etc. to get 4" + of lift.

Size of the vehicle is relative to the off-roading at hand, plenty of people rock crawl in 2500's and suburban's. The maverick with open diffs wont be taking you on an extreme trails regardless of the lift height, might get you a few more feet in the trail.

Also the motor/trans mounts that actually suspend them are bolted the the unibody not the cross member. The torque arm mounts to the subframe, spacing that would actually create a larger moment acting on the bolts. I believe the steering rack is also bolt to the subframe (as it is on most FWD vehicles).

1669913694806.png
I had said the 4" figure, and you had said either the 2.5" or my figure didnt make sense. You also mention here "practicality". Honestly there is no practical reason to modify or lower or raise a vehicle. None of this really has anything to do with practicality, its preference mixed with desire and hopefully a little style(preferably unique style). Really for me the Maverick would be best both raised and lowered. Not practical at all but if I could on-demand lower and stiffen it about 2" and lift it 4" and engage secondary dampner while increaseing travel. 32x10.50 tires and modified wheel wells. That would be the dream. Definitely not practical. But its a dream.

As for my hopes of the subframe spacers they are falling. I had assumed(since I havent received mine yet and the local dealership keeps turning the hose on me when i try to crawl under the mavs they have) that the motor/transaxle/LCA were all suspended on the same subframe as most of the FWDs I have ever worked on were. I suppose these newer cars are a lil different. So no this wont help the CVS any more. I guess our only hope is lengthened control arms and wedged upper strut mounts to achieve anything over 2.5" unless the upgraded Tremor shafts are that much better. Ideally a Tremor would still accept 2" of lift and survive. That would be decent enough.

I would also like to say, I DO NOT WANT TO ROCK CRAWL. I will do it to get to what I consider a destination but it is really just kind of boring to me no matter how you slice it. Rock crawling is like Dakar rallies, its just endurance and breakage, nothing more. I typically climb sloppy hills, run through mud holes or play around on the beach. I also love playing around in rivers and climbing riverbanks, but Im not gonna be doing that since I dont live in ohio anymore. Woods, mud holes, ruts and holes. So extra ground clearance and enough room for serious traction tires is all I really need. The Tremor package has enough dampners and traction systems to go the places I want to if I can get big enough tires on it.

Also aside from extra short full sizers like 78-96 Bronco, Blazers, and such. Full size trucks are just too much of a pain in the ass to wheel. Their footprint is decent stock but the sheetmetal is just way too big. They are also too heavy. The best wheelers(far far far better than anything available today) are XJ/ZJ/YJ/TJ/CJs(the best)/Samurai/BroncoII/80s-90ss Rangers. S10s and the other japanese small 4x4s all just didnt do that great with their IFS setups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m not sure I can fathom what a pig a Maverick would be with a 31-32” 55 lb tire on each corner vs the stock ~25, a 4” larger diameter killing final drive ratio, no ability to select the drive gear, and no low range. That’s not a combination for “off-roading”.

I dont see the problem. I used to wheel a 79 CJ7 with a 4 speed(non granny) manual, 258 I6(115 hp new they usually dyno around 95hp), 33x14r15 boggers(61lb) on 3.54 gears. It was a helluva offroader, went everywhere and climbed everything. Sure it had low range but the 8spd in the Maverick has a much lower 1st and second gear than my T176 did. It was no pig and drove fine, even on the highway. Didnt win any races but had zero trouble cruising around.
Sponsored