Sponsored

Heat Generated by Amp/Sub/Components Behind Rear Seat

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
172
Reaction score
82
Location
MI
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat (Shadow Black, 4k Tow, Sunroof)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Not even sure if this is in the right sub so feel free to relocate but a quick question for anyone with a Lariat or a modified stereo system...

Is there a lot of heat generated by these components behind the seat? Or rather, enough to warrant not storing things back there? Anyone who has ever changed a tire on their maverick will note that this area is completely unfinished, uninsulated, etc. I don't know if anything back there generates much heat, but the look of it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Thus far I have resisted the urge to store things behind the rear seat, mostly because the space is limited and there aren't proper stowage compartments. I do see that Mabett has a sort of net you can suspend back there that I'd like to take advantage of to free up some space under the seats. Let's say I put something in a plastic bag in that netting, will this be at risk of melting or a potential fire hazard?

Eventually I'd like to stow a shotgun back there, provided there's room and it's not rolling around getting scratched.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

Ryom

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
710
Reaction score
1,328
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat 4K BAP Eruption Green
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Modern digital amps generate very little heat due to high efficiency. It's not something I'm concerned about personally. If I remember to I'll point my IR thermometer at it sometime.
 

chiko

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Mar 21, 2025
Threads
20
Messages
160
Reaction score
91
Location
Hampton, VA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your profile says MI which I take to be Michigan.
These components should work fine in Arizona parking lot where it can get up to like 110F in the shade.
 

Chops

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
82
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
4,821
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Your profile says MI which I take to be Michigan.
These components should work fine in Arizona parking lot where it can get up to like 110F in the shade.
110F in the shade can mean close to 190F in the interior with windows closed out in the sun.

In Arizona Desert, us folks don’t carry ice scrapers in our trucks - we carry oven mitts.

BTW, “Fix a Flat” cans say to store at max 120F. The 2026 Maverick models with this instead of a spare tire might lose effectiveness in the desert heat. Open slowly:)
Sponsored

 
 







Top