Sponsored

Storage behind rear seat - this this would work?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen posts and videos where people have stowed some gear behind the rear seat, between seat back and metal chassis. I know it's not much, though one guy had a decent sized tool kit/box, but would something like this work? It's a trunk organizer but seems like it might be handy if it snuck behind that seat.

Ford Maverick Storage behind rear seat - this this would work? 816KIn33ZuL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
I've seen posts and videos where people have stowed some gear behind the rear seat, between seat back and metal chassis. I know it's not much, though one guy had a decent sized tool kit/box, but would something like this work? It's a trunk organizer but seems like it might be handy if it snuck behind that seat.

816KIn33ZuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I have never seen the positive/negative leads for jumper cables separate like that

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I like this idea. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work, provided the gear isn't too thick. I don't remember how much of a gap there is when the seat is put back upright when I looked at it.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strictly speculation but would think a mesh-type bag would be preferable as it would better allow for dispersion of any heat from components back there.

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
No, not likely as the locking mechanism for the seat is there. I can take a picture in the morning.

Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, not likely as the locking mechanism for the seat is there. I can take a picture in the morning.
This was my thought as well. Whatever storage device you use would have to hang below the locking mechanism for the seat.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was my thought as well. Whatever storage device you use would have to hang below the locking mechanism for the seat.
Or maybe an opening can be made in the Organizer to allow the seat to still lock. If anything it's a good idea that maybe some manufacturer might explore to make one specific for Maverick

Last edited:

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AR15 rack is what I want.

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
As promised. Picture behind the seat. Locking mechanism and lots to crush and wreck!

Ford Maverick Storage behind rear seat - this this would work? maverick back 2

Ford Maverick Storage behind rear seat - this this would work? maverick back 1

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As promised. Picture behind the seat. Locking mechanism and lots to crush and wreck!

maverick back 2.jpg

maverick back 1.jpg
Looks like there's not a lot of room to work with back there especially since you have a sub and an Amp. I guess I'll have a bit more room since I'm getting a XLT.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With everything behind the seat so exposed and unfinished, Ford is clearly not intending for the seat back to be regularly folded forward. Do they make smaller seat back organizers that could fit on the front seats?

lynnebern

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Where did you get this? I'd certainly use the heck out of it.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at mine, I think two separate hanging organizers hanging from the left and right head rests, with nothing covering the center area might work if they are really thin, especially towards the top.
Sponsored