First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 3rd position of the headlight dial if for DRLs when it's light & auto turns on the rest of the lights when the sensor determines it's dark enough, the 4th position manually turns on the taillights too, I used this setting last week I was driving home in some light blowing snow & wanted to have taillights on too. I believe that no matter where you leave the dial set, it defaults back to position 3 for DRLs at the next ignition cycle.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One thing that gets me about the Maverick, if you turn on the full lights manually due to poor lighting, but not dark enough to turn them on with auto, it makes a noise when you get out and they stay on. My old vehicles would all just time out the lights after 10-20 seconds of turning the engine off, regardless of what setting I had it set to. Given that it auto resets, it's odd that the Maverick doesn't do that too.

Jamro300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While waiting on my Maverick to be built... I was looking over the owner's manual online. I noticed the headlights control knob page showing the "Autolamps" in the 3rd position. I am a transit driver for our local Ford dealer. I've noticed all the newer models have changed as well. For years the "Autolamps" were in the 4th position, so it was habit for me to turn all the way to the right to go to "Autolamps". I've asked a few of the salespeople but none of them seem to know. Guess they missed that day of training, lol.

May seem trivial but does anyone know why Ford changed this? Just curious...
I believe it is now 3 instead of four is due to the Maverick not having fog lights.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it is now 3 instead of four is due to the Maverick not having fog lights.
No, other models with fog lights have the same headlight switch and same sequence (3 is auto lamps), only difference is the face of the dial is a button for the fog lights. Examples include Escape and Bronco Sport.

Jamro300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, other models with fog lights have the same headlight switch and same sequence (3 is auto lamps), only difference is the face of the dial is a button for the fog lights. Examples include Escape and Bronco Sport.
Ok, thought it was a generic question and did not see anything about a specific switch. My ranger has 4 spots and it has fog light and spot 1 being off and four being auto.

Ford Maverick Headlights Control Knob Question EE0823E0-F2D7-41E1-9B5E-23E5896487E9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my first Ford in many years...neat not having to turn on the lights and really like the auto dim/brights. The only time to fool with the switch is when you want the tail lights on during the day.
Sponsored