Sponsored

Have a VIN and nothing else. Am I getting built or just hopes and dreams?

Octantis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Early June I reached out to my dealer for an update and a VIN was created in mid May. I've put in the VIN and order code into all the tracking systems but there isn't much there. No scheduled date or window sticker. Does a VIN = getting built at some point or is there still a chance I'll come up empty?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford order tracker is rarely updated accurately in my experience. I was issued a VIN and build week about a month ago and the tracker still says order confirmed with no schedule info. Since you can't use the tracker without a VIN # and the VIN # usually comes with a build week you would think the tracker would show that. You will likely be built but never a guarantee considering what some MY22 customers went thru with cancelled orders that had a VIN.

Wetfoot77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger 2002 Forester 2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford order tracker is rarely updated accurately in my experience. I was issued a VIN and build week about a month ago and the tracker still says order confirmed with no schedule info. Since you can't use the tracker without a VIN # and the VIN # usually comes with a build week you would think the tracker would show that. You will likely be built but never a guarantee considering what some MY22 customers went thru with cancelled orders that had a VIN.
I had the same experiance. Got a VIN in mid March. No updates till the build week and then got notified it was built on Thursday of the build week.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Early June I reached out to my dealer for an update and a VIN was created in mid May. I've put in the VIN and order code into all the tracking systems but there isn't much there. No scheduled date or window sticker. Does a VIN = getting built at some point or is there still a chance I'll come up empty?

Thanks!
I got my vin 2/3 weeks before my build date, mines a eco,fx4 if yours a hybrid they may be backed up BUT if you have a vin Id say it will be sooner than later, then you only have to wait a month for build and another month to ship depending on were you are. Good luck

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my vin# April 13th, with a build date of 6/19. I called Ford this afternoon and was told it is in the Trim phase of production which is the last phase. (Hopefully)
She also gave me a code that is good for $750 dollars off the price of the truck
Sponsored