Sponsored

Has Ford's Approach To Rolling Out The Maverick Dimmed Your Interest?

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
It hasn't, but really the slogan "the pick up you didn't see coming"?

They couldn't have said a wild horse rejoins the stable? Something maverick related? Anything that would make the maverick sound enticing other than hey you missed this?
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dunno about that; the old Ranger's drivetrains were bulletproof. If Ford packages the Maverick properly (as a vehicle that starts off as both low cost and simple), and eschews the silly "lifestyle vehicle" tilt, they might actually have something here.
my 1st generation Ranger (1987) had a Mazda manual tranny in it. They had a manufacturing defect where the shifter and top cover would come off in your hand while shifting. Recall replacement & repair was good for 60,000 miles. Thought I dodged a bullet with a good one, but it came off at about 59,900 mi :ROFLMAO: My 1993, 2000, and 2006 were basically bulletproof though.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

They couldn't have said a wild horse rejoins the stable? Something maverick related? Anything that would make the maverick sound enticing other than hey you missed this?
might be to emphasize this IS a REAL pickup - unlike Hyundai who says there's is NOT a truck? It needs credibility as a genuine pick up truck in design and function to offset impressions of it being unibody and/or simply a CUV with open bed instead of space behind seats for limited cargo carrying.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Unfortunately it’s not a wild horse 😁 it’s an unbranded cow! See definition attached.

Ford Maverick Has Ford's Approach To Rolling Out The Maverick Dimmed Your Interest? 0F9EA3E8-D440-4AB9-841F-7EB5E66600D9

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to revive this thread to see if MTC poster feel the same about Ford's approach to the rollout of the MY23 model.

The Detroit Auto Show will be this September and I'm strongly thinking of attending the event. I see it as a perfect way to debut a mid year Maverick ST, 2024 AWD hybrid, 2024 BEV and any black or sport appearance packages not in the 8-2 (MY23) ordering guide.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to revive this thread to see if MTC poster feel the same about Ford's approach to the rollout of the MY23 model.

The Detroit Auto Show will be this September and I'm strongly thinking of attending the event. I see it as a perfect way to debut a mid year Maverick ST, 2024 AWD hybrid, 2024 BEV and any black or sport appearance packages not in the 8-2 (MY23) ordering guide.
Dreamer :)

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Their poorly executed rollout has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, so no.. I'm still VERY interested. If my scheduled order is built on schedule, it will have been about 11 months.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most of the recent new model intro's from Ford have me a LOT less interested in maintaining stock ownership, especially now that they also did away with x-plan for stock owners. I really wished I'd dumped it all when it was over $20 a few months ago.

I don't think Farley is the answer to keep the stockholders happy. Despite rolling out hottly anticipated products, the quality/recall issues and horrific customer support, along with the antiquated sales model (allocation) being forced onto customer orders will not hold water for long.

Gr33nMTNguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Impreza Wagon
I need a new car yesterday. I really want to put an order in but I dont think I have the luxury to wait an entire year at this point. Maybe its a blessing in disguise.....Let this this thing mature a bit with more offerings and less of a cluster****. Oh well, I really had my heart set on it being my next car.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I honestly have no problem with the roll out. No long term promises have ever been made. Basic advertising and info on models in their model year is widely available. It a new model in a new segment they werent going to switch over 3 plants to it on day 1.

It is far better than it was years ago when the only info you got came off a brochure, or from a slick salesman, or if you were dedicated enough a representative at a auto show. 20 years ago thats what you got aswell as whatever was printed in magazines. If they didnt have what you wanted you could order and wait(same as us with no updates at all) or reserve a unit with no guarantee of it being the color or trim you wanted.

I think modern people have just gone soft yet at the same time want it now. Ask any wife how that works out for anybody. At best things get "expiremental":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::devilish::ROFLMAO::sick::eek::poop::whistle::unsure:

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In my case, I don't have a problem with Ford's approach. Their timing, along with supply chain constraints (semiconductors, etc) are what they are. For me the issue is my need is immediate and I'm losing patience. We moved last fall and have a bunch of landscaping/construction projects going or lined up and I'm tired of renting trucks.

I've been looking at used F150s/Rangers but the pricing is ridiculous, like $15K for a 10+ year old truck with 150K+ miles. Longer term I won't need a large truck so Maverick's combination of fuel economy, size and price are a better fit. Maybe I should just buy a trailer, finish my projects, and take a look at Mav in a year or so. Not my first choice though.
My need isn't immediate and I'm still losing patience. Mostly it's being kept in the dark and not being giving any decent information about any details at all. In over 9 months I've gotten 2 short emails saying sorry, shit happens and think about dropping stuff you really want and MAYBE, MAYBE NOT you'll get your truck faster. And think about converting to a MY '23.
I'm selling my '17 Buick to my nephew and now I'm getting heat from her. I told her to call Ford- I'm afraid of her and that sharp tongue, perhaps Ford will be too.
Sponsored