Interest in the Maverick is spreading

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Yesterday I was at my local convenience store talking to the owner about the Maverick and one guy joined into the conversation and said he heard that Ford was bringing out a new smaller pickup truck called Maverick. I said yes and was telling him about it and about the Maverick forum when about 3 other guys joined in asking questions as they heard the same thing about Ford bringing out the new Maverick. Without a lot of advertisement it appears that interest is starting to bubble up on the Maverick. I felt like I was a Ford rep talking about the Maverick! Maybe I should be asking for a commission from them!
Sponsored

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
Every sales rep at the Ford dealerships I visited and I talked about Maverick said they are thinking about getting one for themselves!

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Every sales rep at the Ford dealerships I visited and I talked about Maverick said they are thinking about getting one for themselves!
No offense, but salesmen say that about every car. šŸ™‚

Last edited:

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
No offense, but salesmen day that about every car. šŸ™‚
I know what you mean, but I can detect when they are telling a blue lies and honest. For example, they pause with some thoughts and also mention that they want to wait so they can test it first. Not like I care that they say, just noticed some interest even from Ford dealer employees.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
No offense, but salesmen say that about every car. šŸ™‚
As a salesman I think whatever the customer is interested in is the best. What am I going to do, tell him what he likes is crap? I might as well follow that up by telling him his wife is ugly.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
As a salesman I think whatever the customer is interested in is the best. What am I going to do, tell him what he likes is crap? I might as well follow that up by telling him his wife is ugly.
Nope, I get it, just pointing it out. My point was it's probably not the best evidence for their being above average excitement from dealer staff.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Nope, I get it, just pointing it out. My point was it's probably not the best evidence for their being above average excitement from dealer staff.
Iā€™ll give you guys a tip. It doesnā€™t matter what industry, ask your salesman what he owns. As a sales guy I can buy anything I want from any brand I sell. If I own it, itā€™s because my time in the business has shown me that itā€™s the one worth investing my money into. Buy that one.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma šŸŒ®
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ll give you guys a tip. It doesnā€™t matter what industry, ask your salesman what he owns. As a sales guy I can buy anything I want from any brand I sell. If I own it, itā€™s because my time in the business has shown me that itā€™s the one worth investing my money into. Buy that one.
Soā€¦. What do you drive? šŸ˜„

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is what sold me in the first used Infiniti I bought about 7 years back. Salesman was older but really talked about their reliability and the bulletproof v6. What really ended up selling was, as it was the end of the day, seeing him drive home in a 15 year old Infiniti!
Sponsored