Sponsored

Has anyone successfully added cruise control to base XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am scheduled to pick up my long awaited order next week, but just learned that the XL models do not come with cruise! Seems a little like expecting to have your car delivered with tires …we have gotten so accustomed to cruise control being standard!
so, has anyone added cruise control to their base XL and if so could you please provide me with the details.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe you meant to type "XL cruise control" into the search box and not a new thread. Simple mistake, we all make them!

OP
OP
2020 GT500

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe you meant to type "XL cruise control" into the search box and not a new thread. Simple mistake, we all make them!
I looked up the cruise control it was not appearing in the results I will take the answer as a positive no there is no authorized way to do it I’m not going to hack into a brand new car.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked up the cruise control it was not appearing in the results I will take the answer as a positive no there is no authorized way to do it I’m not going to hack into a brand new car.
Honestly it's less permanently invasive than going the aftermarket Rostra route.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is an absolute wealth of information in the Forscan threads on the MTC forums. Very good & detailed "how to" write ups. I will agree it is not invasive, fairly easy to do (developed opinion after reading through and following the forums), relatively inexpensive, and could increase the value of your XL, especially since the 2023 XL will come with cruise. Finally, I would not call it hacking, but instead it's an upgrade, just like installing a bed cover or any other accessory.

Searching is easy, however here are the links:

Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel
Factory Cruise Control Enabled + Escape Steering Wheel Installed on HYBRID XL Maverick

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is an absolute wealth of information in the Forscan threads on the MTC forums. Very good & detail how to write ups. I will agree it is not invasive, fairly easy to do (developed opinion after reading through and following the forums), relatively inexpensive, and could increase the value of your XL, especially since the 2023 XL will come with cruise. Finally, I would not call it hacking, but instead it's an upgrade, just like installing a bed cover or any other accessory.

Searching is easy, however here are the links:

Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel
Factory Cruise Control Enabled + Escape Steering Wheel Installed on HYBRID XL Maverick
man you are much more patient than I am LOL

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
man you are much more patient than I am LOL
I understand what you mean and people should take some initiative to search out what they want. But, the guys that pioneered the cruise add to the XL, and many other things, posted them for the MTC members use. Might as well point to the threads so maybe people can learn. These threads are a wealth of information that are succinctly written and easy to follow. Many people have helped me on the MTC and been very generous doing so. It's the least I can do as well. Also, understand sometimes I have to get past the frustration to do so. :cool:

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don’t want to hack then cough up the $$ to get an XLT or lariat

ColbySalamanca

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
The Maverick XL actually has cruise control. It just doesn't have the cruise control button and the function is turned off in the programming so you can't access the cruise control the way Ford delivers the XL trim from the factory.

Here is the way to enable the functionality:

I don't think that doing this will affect the warranty UNLESS in the process of doing it you directly damage something in which case that repair would be out of pocket. I *believe* that owners can modify their vehicle without automatically voiding the factory warranty. The mod has to be shown to have caused the warranty failure, directly or indirectly, to cause a warranty issue. In this case, you would be enabling a function that was simply disabled by Ford (to push people to buy the XLT trim level) but enabling it doesn't hurt the car or shorten its useful life in any way.

If anyone disagrees with this opinion, please let me know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.