Sponsored

thatfordmaverick

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Hope someone can help me. I have a 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid I followed the instruction posted by the OP step by step. I am using Forscan V2.3.49. All the buttons work left and right controls except the cruise control. I'm not sure if its a forscan version issue or a deffective switch. I would like to know if anyone has successfully got their cruise control working with V2.3.49 or I have to use an older version. Please advise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mcc63303

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope someone can help me. I have a 2022 Maverick XL Hybrid I followed the instruction posted by the OP step by step. I am using Forscan V2.3.49. All the buttons work left and right controls except the cruise control. I'm not sure if its a forscan version issue or a deffective switch. I would like to know if anyone has successfully got their cruise control working with V2.3.49 or I have to use an older version. Please advise.
My Forscan version is V2.3.47. Did you go into all the different modules and change all settings, including in the ABS module? Also, make sure you didn't select Adaptive Cruise Control. You can contact Forscan and verify that the new version should work. I have the option to update to the new version (V2.3.49) but haven't.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I'd try to simplify adding Cruise Control to a XL Hybrid w/Co-Pilot 360 using Ford steering wheel switches.

I replaced the original non-cruise switches with new Ford switches with cruise control.

Left switch; Part # LB5Z-9C888-G (SW-8414) (replaces # SW-8579) $40.18
Right switch; part # LB5Z-9C888-F (SW-8415) (replaces SW-8576) $84.36
Do not get switches for Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
IMG_2581.JPG

See other thread on how to replace switches, not easy but not hard. I had replaced the switches before I had an OBD adaptor for programming. The new switches will control nothing until you program them. Seat belt display will come up and then go to the other screen display but you will not be able to change or reset until you program the switches.

After getting an OBD adaptor (I had to download a driver for adaptor, after failing first to read instructions and nothing working) and downloading the Forscan program do the following:

In the Forscan program, select the "configuration and Programming" icon on the left (under the wrench icon). Look down until you find the "SCCM module configuration", select and either double click or select arrow at bottom to open module information.
4 IMG_2862.JPG

Near the bottom you will see the "steering wheel left and right switch".
Select a switch, for the left switch select # 11
IMG_2858.JPG

Then go back and select right switch and select #1
IMG_2860.JPG

Next go to the "IPC Module Configuration" In alphabetical order, go past the Adaptive Cruise Control to the Cruise Control and select that. Highlight "cruise control" and change from disable to enable.
IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

next go to "ABS Module Configuration", find "cruise control", select that then change from 'none" to "cruise control".
IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG

Don't forget to save changes, I did after I made each change.

Others have indicated a DTC for steering I believe, I get no DTC. Also, I've noticed no change in MPG as others have indicated getting less MPG.

No need to do any AS BUILT data entries.
Thanks for posting the Forscan screens and what's needed to properly change the code.

thatfordmaverick

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
My Forscan version is V2.3.47. Did you go into all the different modules and change all settings, including in the ABS module? Also, make sure you didn't select Adaptive Cruise Control. You can contact Forscan and verify that the new version should work. I have the option to update to the new version (V2.3.49) but haven't.
Thanks. I figured it out. I was missing the BCM. It was labeled different on mine. It was the BdyCM.

OP
OP
mcc63303

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I figured it out. I was missing the BCM. It was labeled different on mine. It was the BdyCM.
Glad you figured it out and the info may help others. Think about installing the tail gate power lock, it's worth it to do.

Sponsored

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've watched the Cuban Redneck video and it looks pretty straightforward. I can do this. My one issue is I don't have a laptop. I'd have to buy a laptop along with the parts, the Forescan program and the interface device to put it all together. I guess that would be a little cheaper than buying a 2023 XL. Plus I like some of the features on the 22 XL that have been deleted for 2023, in particular the WiFi Hot Spot. I don't want to lose that feature.

XLent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I'd try to simplify adding Cruise Control to a XL Hybrid w/Co-Pilot 360 using Ford steering wheel switches.

I replaced the original non-cruise switches with new Ford switches with cruise control.

IMG_2581.JPG

See other thread on how to replace switches, not easy but not hard. I had replaced the switches before I had an OBD adaptor for programming. The new switches will control nothing until you program them. Seat belt display will come up and then go to the other screen display but you will not be able to change or reset until you program the switches.

After getting an OBD adaptor (I had to download a driver for adaptor, after failing first to read instructions and nothing working) and downloading the Forscan program do the following:

In the Forscan program, select the "configuration and Programming" icon on the left (under the wrench icon). Look down until you find the "SCCM module configuration", select and either double click or select arrow at bottom to open module information.
4 IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

Next go to the "IPC Module Configuration" In alphabetical order, go past the Adaptive Cruise Control to the Cruise Control and select that. Highlight "cruise control" and change from disable to enable.
IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

next go to "ABS Module Configuration", find "cruise control", select that then change from 'none" to "cruise control".
IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG

Others have indicated a DTC for steering I believe, I get no DTC. Also, I've noticed no change in MPG as others have indicated getting less MPG.

Your method worked well, at least my right switch now functions. However, my left switch, when choosing #11 does not. Perhaps because my Mav is NOT a hybrid. I’ve tried going to other choices, but so far, no worky.
Any chance you know what left switch code will work for my EB?

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_2581.JPG

4 IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG
IMG_2864.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG

Will this work without changing the button on the right? I don't use the buttons for the phone.

Sponsored

steegro

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus nx 200t
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It can be a little concerning if one isn't slightly mechanically inclined or slightly tech savy. Check the different threads to see how to remove the air bag (I was pushing way way too hard on the bars that holds the air bag on, only need very little to move them to release the air bag from the steering wheel.) (disconnect the negative battery cable under the back seat before removing the air bag. Then follow my directions on changing the different module settings using Forscan. I see you're in Oakland, wife and I will fly in to Oak. on Feb 21, 2023 for an overnight stay before catching a flight next morning for Hawaii.
I'm having issues removing the air bag. Any tips that helped you at all?

OP
OP
mcc63303

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can understand your problem. I was trying way too hard, thought I had to push a screwdriver up to push back some sort of clip. What there is is a sliding bar on a spring, so you don't have to push up against anything, just a small, short screwdriver then pry slightly toward one way (sorry I don't remember if inward or outward, try either way). The screwdriver doesn't have to go very far in. When trying to release the bar pull up slightly on the air bag on the side you're working on. Again, try prying as if just wanting to slide it toward one way. It's not a hard pry, just has to be at the right position. Hope this helps. Wish I had taken a photo of the back side of the air bag for reference.

OP
OP
mcc63303

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe you have to push the bars inward. There is another post that may help, search "cruise control xl"

steegro

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus nx 200t
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe you have to push the bars inward. There is another post that may help, search "cruise control xl"
Appreciate the help and response. Yeah, I feel helpless as I tried over and over again every possible angle and didn't make any progress. Watching everyone else's videos and photos make it look so easy!

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It can be a little concerning if one isn't slightly mechanically inclined or slightly tech savy. Check the different threads to see how to remove the air bag (I was pushing way way too hard on the bars that holds the air bag on, only need very little to move them to release the air bag from the steering wheel.) (disconnect the negative battery cable under the back seat before removing the air bag. Then follow my directions on changing the different module settings using Forscan. I see you're in Oakland, wife and I will fly in to Oak. on Feb 21, 2023 for an overnight stay before catching a flight next morning for Hawaii.
I've got the parts & I can get the adaptor, what I don't have is a laptop with Forscan. Would you have time in Oakland to help out with the programming (i.e. bring the laptop)? I could get the switches installed and ready to go when you arrive. I'll pay you.
Sponsored