Sponsored

Hard rolling tonneau cover choice - BAK Revolver X4s or Ford "OEM" Hard Roll Up by Rev?

qwertyd10n

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

My First Edition has the soft folding tonneau cover on it and I'm looking to replace it with a hard rolling option. I have poked around on the forum and read some of the related posts, but I haven't found a thread that seems to cover both the BAK Revolver X4s and the Ford "OEM" Hard Roll Up by Rev in comparison to each other.

I can get the Ford unit from a local dealer for ~$115 less than the current sale on the BAK unit, so I'm looking for opinions from those that have first hand knowledge of one or the other... or ideally both products.

qwertyd10n
Sponsored

Achtungg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The BAK looks real nice with its matte finish & grey black rollup. The hook system when rolled up is easy using Ts to hook into anchor points as opposed to clips that might be a little awkward. It’s an excellent, solid cover.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ver-x4s-tonneau-cover-arrived-installed.8555/

that being said went with Ford hard rollup bc I preferred the branding.
Not my install but another member https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rev-hard-roll-up-tonneau-bed-cover-installed.6933/

OP
OP
qwertyd10n

qwertyd10n

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the links Achtungg, I hadn't read through either of those yet.

Do you find the 1/8" gap between your Ford hard rollup and the tailgate like some others have reported in those threads?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the links Achtungg, I hadn't read through either of those yet.

Do you find the 1/8" gap between your Ford hard rollup and the tailgate like some others have reported in those threads?
I have the Ford version. I do admit, I kinda like the FORD logo when it is rolled up. I did have a gap between the tonneau and the tailgate so I added a piece of rubber side molding along the lip of the tailgate. I still get a bit of water in the bed when I go through the car wash but it is very minimal. I have no complaints and would get the same one again. The side molding along the tailgate lip adds an extra cushion when I slide something into the bed.

2Life

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
2Life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added a piece of rubber side molding along the lip of the tailgate. I have the I still get a bit of water in the bed when I go through the car wash but it is very minimal.
What Rubber Molding did you use? Link?
Thanks,

Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford model is a BAK X2 with Ford logos. Don't what your dealer is offering but you should be able to get an X4S for around 850 from realtruck if you message and mention the truck club.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What Rubber Molding did you use? Link?
Thanks,
I got it through Amazon. I bought it originally as side molding for my truck. The roll did both sides and the tail gate.

Ford Maverick Hard rolling tonneau cover choice - BAK Revolver X4s or Ford "OEM" Hard Roll Up by Rev? PXL_20220625_220622448

Ford Maverick Hard rolling tonneau cover choice - BAK Revolver X4s or Ford "OEM" Hard Roll Up by Rev? PXL_20220625_220909094~2

CG_HotWheel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the bak revolver x4s because I liked the all black look when it was rolled up. I had the X4 on a previous truck and it held up well and performed great for its purpose.. I got my x4s from realtruck for $947 with tax included and free delivery. I veered away from the OEM by Rev because of the gap between the cover and the tailgate and also because it’s basically a bak revolver x2 and there have been 2 updated versions since the X2 (the x4 and x4s)

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I too was trying to find more info on the Ford OEM one; which is the X2, as another member mentioned.
What I couldn’t find was if the Ford one is still the X2 style or not, since the X2 is not longer available.
Besides being all black, one big difference is X2 has the felt on the bottom of the slats, while X4S has rubber. You will notice that the rails on the X2 seem to go over the top of the tailgate (at least pics I saw), but X4S stop before the tailgate. The seal runs to the end; X4S stops beforehand and has corner caps. For me, I like the seal on X2 more than the caps; but the rest of X4S is better.
I like the Ford on the underneath, but how often will you drive with the cover rolled up?
And yes, PM Realtruck to get forum pricing. Cheaper then you think. I also got a tailgate seal from them.

This thread has info: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/tonneau-cover-buying-guide.14445/

This one has a lot as well, you can some of what I went through towards the end:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...led-on-lariat-hybrid-impressions-review.15628

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the bak revolver x4s because I liked the all black look when it was rolled up. I had the X4 on a previous truck and it held up well and performed great for its purpose.. I got my x4s from realtruck for $947 with tax included and free delivery. I veered away from the OEM by Rev because of the gap between the cover and the tailgate and also because it’s basically a bak revolver x2 and there have been 2 updated versions since the X2 (the x4 and x4s)
I used my salesman's 23% discount and my rewards for buying my truck which brought my price for the Ford hard rollup to $700.00

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like a QC issue with the X4s

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the hard rollup and do not see this problem on mine but I have the Ford OEM cover. Different?
Not sure if BAK makes the Ford cover. A lot of them look the same.