First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So when it breaks does that mean that they are responsible?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everybody in every industry on the planet has been trying to move to a subscription based model of business for the last decade. Microsoft was jeered when they did it for Office, and now it is a revenue-generating success. Volvo (and a few others) has car subscriptions, which include insurance and maintenance and swap cars at any time. Software as a service is the shiny gold trinket every automaker wants to own right now.

Really it's not such a bad idea. Wouldn't you prefer to buy a car for $10,000 less, knowing if you ever need heated seats, or 20 other fancy features, you can activate and deactivate them with a mouse click? Where you're really likely to see it used a lot is in self-driving systems.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Instead of optimizing the car, they are optimizing the cashflow of the consumer. I wonder how long before you can finance the downpayment for the subscription service.

I love Ford but unless I see more vehicles like the Maverick I will probably never buy a new car after the Maverick. I cant live with a vehicle that has options built in that I cannot use or modify at my own discretion. I just want to start taking putting electric motors in my old junk cars. I dont want anything without a physical key. So when that key breaks I can put in toggle switches :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Instead of optimizing the car, they are optimizing the cashflow of the consumer. I wonder how long before you can finance the downpayment for the subscription service.

I love Ford but unless I see more vehicles like the Maverick I will probably never buy a new car after the Maverick. I cant live with a vehicle that has options built in that I cannot use or modify at my own discretion. I just want to start taking putting electric motors in my old junk cars. I dont want anything without a physical key. So when that key breaks I can put in toggle switches :ROFLMAO:
Won't be long just go online keep car by the time period you want it and pay for options you want to pay for.👌

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everybody in every industry on the planet has been trying to move to a subscription based model of business for the last decade. Microsoft was jeered when they did it for Office, and now it is a revenue-generating success. Volvo (and a few others) has car subscriptions, which include insurance and maintenance and swap cars at any time. Software as a service is the shiny gold trinket every automaker wants to own right now.

Really it's not such a bad idea. Wouldn't you prefer to buy a car for $10,000 less, knowing if you ever need heated seats, or 20 other fancy features, you can activate and deactivate them with a mouse click? Where you're really likely to see it used a lot is in self-driving systems.
But it won't cost 10K less. It costs 10K less when you use 10K less in parts in the build.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Or like my first car when the ignition lock wore out, remove it and start it with a screwdriver. I just put the cap back on so it didn't look obvious.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am OK with (note don't love but ok with) things that need continued service like apps, cellular connections, etc. Locking a hard feature behind a subscription model is BS. If that happens on a vehicle I own I will use things like Forescan to unlock. I own the things I own.

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't even have a comment or a response.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Harbringer of things to come - subscription heated seats pay
Sponsored

Last edited: