First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect timing Greenlady. Very same thing happened to my lariat 2 days after taking possession on 3/11. Driver side door handle stopped locking and unlocking but the passenger side still worked. I remembered others having similar issue but didn’t look further into it. I made an appointment with the dealer, which happened to be today. My wife was going to take it in for me (she hates going to the service dept.) Early this morning she ask if I did a search on this forum. A quick search pulled up your post. Read about disconnecting the battery so I took the positive off the terminal, waited about 60 seconds. Super easy to get to and do. That fixed it. Has continued to work so far. Saved my wife a trip to the service dept.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect timing Greenlady. Very same thing happened to my lariat 2 days after taking possession on 3/11. Driver side door handle stopped locking and unlocking but the passenger side still worked. I remembered others having similar issue but didn’t look further into it. I made an appointment with the dealer, which happened to be today. My wife was going to take it in for me (she hates going to the service dept.) Early this morning she ask if I did a search on this forum. A quick search pulled up your post. Read about disconnecting the battery so I took the positive off the terminal, waited about 60 seconds. Super easy to get to and do. That fixed it. Has continued to work so far. Saved my wife a trip to the service dept.
Thanks for that bit of info. I guess I will try the battery today and see if that fixes it. In the meantime I have learned and started using the keypad so I guess the door handle quit for a reason 😊

Ledaniel97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ct
One of my most favorite features was being able to put my hand in the door handle and have it unlock the truck or pressing the little ridges on the handle and locking the truck 🥰 So the other day I get ready for my walk, get out of my truck (key in pocket), press the ridges on the handle and nothing happens🤔 Decided to investigate further when I finished my walk.

Read the manual again and trouble shooting tips but still not working. Thought if I let her sleep for the night it might start working the next day but no😥 Could I have worn out this feature already😱

Anyone else experience this?
Just happened to me. Only had her for 1 month. Went to gym and suddenly stopped working. Dropped her off that the dealership on sat and just got her back today. One of the pins needed to be re-seated. Dealer said its very time consuming to figure out which one since they had to test them all in the door handle.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just happened to me. Only had her for 1 month. Went to gym and suddenly stopped working. Dropped her off that the dealership on sat and just got her back today. One of the pins needed to be re-seated. Dealer said its very time consuming to figure out which one since they had to test them all in the door handle.
I hope this isn't a common occurrence.

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Less than a week, 250~ miles and same thing happening to me. Driver side intelligent access doesn't work.

Auto unlock/lock was working... but now it seems like it isn't. Only the passenger side was working. The remote start feature on my fob stopped working, too.

I set up an appointment with the dealer to look at it next week (plus my uneven tailgate cable).

While I was on the phone scheduling the appointment I started messing around with the settings. I think I disabled then enabled it. Suddenly it's working!

Except for the tailgate... is the tailgate supposed to have intelligent access/auto unlock as well?

Sponsored

timrom2003

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Soul
My hybrid Lariat had this feature stopped working on the driver side only (the side I use the most, of course), while the passenger side continued to work) I simply disabled the intelligent lock feature and enabled it again, now it's working as it should. Hopefully, it will stay that way
I’m not sure how to disable the intelligent lock feature but I did disconnect the battery post for 30 seconds and that worked.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Lariat had this feature stopped working on the driver side only (the side I use the most, of course), while the passenger side continued to work) I simply disabled the intelligent lock feature and enabled it again, now it's working as it should. Hopefully, it will stay that way
Thanks for the tip. Mine did the same thing and disabling and enabling the intelligent lock fixed it. I never checked the passenger side so don't know if it worked or not. I hope it lasts, but if not I know how to fix it.

Thanks again.

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the links and thoughts! I had not checked the passenger side as I rarely use that door So I went out and checked it right after reading your post and yes the passenger side works.
Mine started acting up again, this time on the driver's side, had to rest it again. Ford, I hope you're monitoring this thread.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine started acting up again, this time on the driver's side, had to rest it again. Ford, I hope you're monitoring this thread.
“I finally have an appointment for getting that fixed and also my right front tire squeaks going over those traffic bumps. I can’t believe the first appointment I could get was one month out!

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep same thing happened to my Lariat First Edition. Was working the first week, then it hasn't worked in awhile. Read all the manual, no clear explanation as to why. Will try intelligent disable/re-enable and/or battery disconnect. Seems like a Ford system wide fix needed.

Sponsored

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep same thing happened to my Lariat First Edition. Was working the first week, then it hasn't worked in awhile. Read all the manual, no clear explanation as to why. Will try intelligent disable/re-enable and/or battery disconnect. Seems like a Ford system wide fix needed.

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Success...jumped in and disabled Intelligent Access ...waited a few seconds and re-enabled. Now it the driver door handle touch access lock and unlock feature works again. Crazy...for a month I thought I was doing something wrong. Ford send out a letter..frustratingly easy fix.

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same problem and went to two dealers and they said I had to make an appointment. I tried what you said and it worked for me too. Thanks for posting the fix that the service techs can't give a simple answer to.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford does have a fix.

SSM 50939

2022 Maverick - Front Driver Door Can Not Be Unlocked Using Intelligent Access - Built On Or Before 13-May-2022

Some 2022 Maverick vehicles built on or before 13-May-2022 may exhibit a condition where the front driver door can not be unlocked using the intelligent access (passive entry feature). This may be due to the software in the body control module (BCM). To correct the condition, reprogram the BCM module using the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Sponsored