Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Next guess on reveal dates:
July 15 at Chicago Auto Show
OR
September 21 at Moto Bella in Michigan, which is an outdoor replacement for the Detroit Auto Show.
Hope it’s the first one, if not sooner!
Sponsored

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
So, not to be a wet blanket (which is only said when what comes next is a total downer) but looking at the delay in the release of the plug in hybrid Escape and Lincoln Corsair, I have to say I'd be surprised if we see a 2021 reveal date for the Maverick. Yes, those vehicles may also be delayed by battery issues, but chips are partly (mostly?) to blame. The plug in hybrid Escape was supposed to be available in 2020 and is not yet. The Lincoln website says the Corsair will be available in "Late Spring 2021" but there is no sign of it in reality. There. I said it and now I'm a nattering nabob of negativism. I sure hope Ford proves me wrong.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, not to be a wet blanket (which is only said when what comes next is a total downer) but looking at the delay in the release of the plug in hybrid Escape and Lincoln Corsair, I have to say I'd be surprised if we see a 2021 reveal date for the Maverick. Yes, those vehicles may also be delayed by battery issues, but chips are partly (mostly?) to blame. The plug in hybrid Escape was supposed to be available in 2020 and is not yet. The Lincoln website says the Corsair will be available in "Late Spring 2021" but there is no sign of it in reality. There. I said it and now I'm a nattering nabob of negativism. I sure hope Ford proves me wrong.
I think Ford is wondering if they really need to fix that which isn't broken. They are still selling the ~bleep~ out of their F-series and work vans. So, they may be wondering if they need to rush anything to market. Especially, when they can officially sit back and see how the Santa Cruz does. Sure they've invested millions into the Maverick product by now, but they can wait and see how well the Santa Cruz does as a heat check for the Maverick. It costs less to pause development and watch they market, than it does to push an undesired product to market.

But, I'm not an auto exec, and I have zero experience working in the industry, so we are dealing with an uninformed opinion on my part.

I agree with how ominous the pause in leaks is. I do, however, question Ford's ability to read and adjust to the market, when they prefer selling to so many people with an irrational zeal for giant trucks.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford is wondering if they really need to fix that which isn't broken. They are still selling the ~bleep~ out of their F-series and work vans. So, they may be wondering if they need to rush anything to market. Especially, when they can officially sit back and see how the Santa Cruz does. Sure they've invested millions into the Maverick product by now, but they can wait and see how well the Santa Cruz does as a heat check for the Maverick. It costs less to pause development and watch they market, than it does to push an undesired product to market.

But, I'm not an auto exec, and I have zero experience working in the industry, so we are dealing with an uninformed opinion on my part.

I agree with how ominous the pause in leaks is. I do, however, question Ford's ability to read and adjust to the market, when they prefer selling to so many people with an irrational zeal for giant trucks.
I respectfully disagree with that assessment, I really don't think Ford gives a sh*# what a Hyundai truckette success talley will be, their product is a different animal for the USA. There is still a vast majority of buyers that will purchase an "American name made" vehicle over an import. Yes, I will probably get backlash about "where" each vehicle is made, but you get my drift, I think the Maverick will kick the crap (sales) out of the SC.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I disagree, though not exactly in the same way as TerryE. At this point, I think it would be unprecedented for a company to not bring a product to market because they want to see what happens with a somewhat similar competitor. I think we're just seeing either what was planned all along, or a delay related to the lack of microchips that has slowed production for other, already released vehicles.

Sponsored

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
Keep in mind that the Maverick has begun limited production. That means that there is a production line, tooling and trained workers. Ford will want/need to recuperate the sunk expense as soon as possible. Make no mistake, as soon the supply chain can commit to a delivery schedule, there will be a Maverick announcement followed shortly by customer deliveries.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gas supplies are expected to be tight and prices high this summer. That could change the market in a hurry.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I think the Maverick project is way on Ford's back burner right now, Intel said the microchip shortage "could last years" and the Maverick has not been introduced yet I think we are into next year for a reveal date. We were moving right along, thinking production would start in July after the preproduction run in March and now nothing, I think the Maverick project is on hold for the time being.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2A.BE1C93E2023C1CCAEFF7 -54.874BB0C75C2787292C5B
2A.5434DDA6FAF219F062AB -53.103F8BA7D120E30DAA55

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe one reason the Maverick isn’t being revealed is that they are taking the time to have a plug in hybrid available at launch. The Escape PIH is only available with FWD, so I hope the Maverick PIH will be available with AWD because there is more room underneath for battery packs than the Escape.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
So, I'm thinking if they are going to have any kind of electrified version available from the get go, it would make sense to reveal that along side a big announcement about an electric vehicle people have been waiting on. Perhaps a stage full of hybrid and plug in hybrid vehicles in the background with an all electric offering right up front. I'm talking about the F150 Lightening here. This would be the same sort of thing Hyundai did with the Santa Cruz press event. Here is out super popular model (Tucson / F150 Lightening) and this cool new thing you might like (Santa Cruz / Maverick). So the optimist in me says May 19th reveal. The pessimist says "Yeah, right. May 19, 2022."