First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to a video Tim Bartz just put out, those whose truck order gets pushed to 2023 MY will retain their original order date. Therefore, these orders will be at the front of the line, ahead of those who place orders when the 2023 order bank opens up in August.
Why would they? 2022 orders didn't. There was no real ryhmye or reason about what trucks got scheduled this last year. Lots ordered in Dec and Jan were scheduled ahead of those ordered in June and July with the same spec. Why would change? Is Ford finally going to do the right thing for once?

If so, I'll be the first in the country to get a 2023 because I ordered June 10th.

99.9% chance that does not happen.
Sponsored

Reactions: DJF

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Why would they? 2022 orders didn't. There was no real ryhmye or reason about what trucks got scheduled this last year. Lots ordered in Dec and Jan were scheduled ahead of those ordered in June and July with the same spec. Why would change? Is Ford finally going to do the right thing for once?

If so, I'll be the first in the country to get a 2023 because I ordered June 10th.

99.9% chance that does not happen.
Exactly. How else to explain a June 10th order unfulfilled while January orders are now getting build dates. The mysterious allocation system is the unsolvable puzzle.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to a video Tim Bartz just put out, those whose truck order gets pushed to 2023 MY will retain their original order date. Therefore, these orders will be at the front of the line, ahead of those who place orders when the 2023 order bank opens up in August.
So in that case don't compromise on what you ordered and just let it ride till the rollover and get all that you've ordered on your truck, SIBL,COPILOT360 and anything else you wanted😉🥳 I mean what's another 6 month's of waiting

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So in that case don't compromise on what you ordered and just let it ride till the rollover and get all that you've ordered on your truck, SIBL,COPILOT360 and anything else you wanted😉🥳 I mean what's another 6 month's of waiting
No one really has really addressed whether Ford will have enough parts/chips to fulfill these MY23 orders. How will this ends/begins or whatever? There's no concrete plans/solutions at this point except for pushing our orders into infinity and beyond. This isn't just the Mavericks Ford is dealing with. Ford is splitting the chips/parts with F150 lightning EV, Broncos, and Mach E. I'm not too confident until I see the global supply chain is resolved and the way things are going not any time soon. At this point we either continue to wait or just forgetting this whole mess all together.

19redsox67

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kona. 2013 Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one really has really addressed whether Ford will have enough parts/chips to fulfill these MY23 orders. How will this ends/begins or whatever? There's no concrete plans/solutions at this point except for pushing our orders into infinity and beyond. This isn't just the Mavericks Ford is dealing with. Ford is splitting the chips/parts with F150 lightning EV, Broncos, and Mach E. I'm not too confident until I see the global supply chain is resolved and the way things are going not any time soon. At this point we either continue to wait or just forgetting this whole mess all together.
There might be more constraints coming as Russia is a top producer of palladium which is used in catalytic converters and is also used in production of semiconductors.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course its also bad news for people who didn't get their order in, it means that chances are 2023 will be taken up just filling 2022 orders, so they'll have to wait until 2024, lol!

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
When I contacted the corporate office, they were under the impression that the constricted parts, mainly chips, would be back in stock and available to complete ALL orders within the next 90 days. They didn't want to say for sure, obviously. No one will put money on that bet. "The maverick hybrids require 4 chips and no other vehicle being built uses that many" which is why they're more affected by the chip shortage. (Build less broncos and use those chips?)

If your DEALER contacts you about changing your order to remove some of the constricted additions, your "priority level", "place in line" and "order date" won't be affected. They also said dealers get a list of customers to contact to make changes, it isn't necessarily all orders that would need these changes to speed up production.

If YOU contact the dealer and edit your order, your "order date" and 'priority level" will stay the same (unless you change body types/trims), but you MAY go to the "bottom of the queue", however that isn't necessarily going to happen, and it isn't necessarily going to be a big enough delay in the grand scheme to be a major concern. They weren't able to say with complete certainty that your "place in line" will be affected if you contact them with changes.

The dealership said if they change a spray in liner to a drop in, they have to remove any tool boxes and add in a cleat system (which the dealership said is also a constricted addition, but I'm not sure that's right.) I went with no liner and will have added locally. Completely removed bed covers, and protective hood/fender film, with the intention of adding aftermarket. I kept the copilot 360 because that can't be installed afterwards and is an important safety feature.

It's frustrating when these memos are explained well enough that there wouldn't be multiple interpretations. It's hard on customers. I'm a first time new car buyer and I'm anxious about the whole process, trying to stay patient, which is easier when I have all the information. I need reassurance that the process is on track, even if there are delays. Also, I didn't know if specific dealerships are more likely to get orders filled first, such as going to BRANDON FORD in Florida, who are a top seller (if not the top) in Florida vs the smaller dealership I went to. Or that the minimum to reserve an order was so low.
Four chips??? No way!

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it be titled 2023

mccretired

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
I have an order that will probably get pushed to 23 but I dropped 360 to try and get it in. According to Tim I can’t put 360 back on but can I if it gets pushed to 23?
I wonder if mine gets pushed that they will add the spray bed back into the lux package.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if mine gets pushed that they will add the spray bed back into the lux package.
Probably depends if there is still supply chain issues and on constraint.

Sponsored
First Name
Carol and Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Ecoboost Carbonized Gray
Nowhere does it mention if the cost of the truck will be at the price when ordered, or at the new 23 price which will be at least $1000 more for the upgrades..
...Not to mention that those whom purchase their truck via financing (as most do), the finance rates would have already gone up several more times. I guess I'm lucky to have ordered 3+ weeks before the cut off date that stopped additional orders on the '22 models. My husband seems to think the '23 models may work out any 1st edition model kinks. Maybe so but I'm a major cheapskate and don't want to pay more, nor be stuck w/a higher finance rate. Truck will be warrantied anyway, plus I'll probably pay for extended.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...Not to mention that those whom purchase their truck via financing (as most do), the finance rates would have already gone up several more times. I guess I'm lucky to have ordered 3+ weeks before the cut off date that stopped additional orders on the '22 models. My husband seems to think the '23 models may work out any 1st edition model kinks. Maybe so but I'm a major cheapskate and don't want to pay more, nor be stuck w/a higher finance rate. Truck will be warrantied anyway, plus I'll probably pay for extended.
If you are not already i suggest you tune into Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy each Tuesday on YouTube Live or catch the video of the session each week. He is instrumental in keeping the community informed. Also do some searches on the web or MTC on dealers that discount (like Flood Ford) the extended warranty. If you invest the time it is easy to ensure you have the latest data on discounts and price / finance rate protection.

mccmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F350
I have an order that will probably get pushed to 23 but I dropped 360 to try and get it in. According to Tim I can’t put 360 back on but can I if it gets pushed to 23?
I did the same thing and am hoping to get pushed to 23 if I cannot find a cancelled order that already has it on it

donnie

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
where does ford guarantee price protection on per-ordered mavericks

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it when I see it. Second, if they don't have parts/chips then the wait continues. So we'll see how this plays out.
Don't know why you would doubt this, that's what they did for Bronco orders that got pushed into the next MY...
Sponsored