Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I give up. Would someone please steer me towards a nice affordable cover. The choice between rolling folding retractable is too much. All I want is a cheap good cover that only leaks a little. Because I hear they all leak. lol Thank you. I need two and I've read here they might get discounts for MTC people?
Sponsored

Kristom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Worksport is a new company out of NY that is supposed to roll out a cover for the Maverick next month. Might be some early discounts. They are also going to make a cover with solar panels embedded. Sounds cool if it works

EIlig

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor/'69 Porsche 911E/'15Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I stressed about covers, but eventually went with the Sentry CT. It has held up amazingly. Seriously looks brand new still. It's basically the same as the one Ford sells. Sticker on that can be pricey. They do sometimes have mail-in rebates. Email Alex at [email protected] and ask for his best deal. I got mine for $757 and it had a Christmas mail-in rebate.

Check it out here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/accessorized-maverick.7113/
I have the Sentry CT as well and I love it... It is pricey at $999.00 and is the same one Ford sells for $1299 without the Ford logo

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Extang Trifecta ALX is perfect, imo. Looks great, doesn't leak much, super easy to open and close, easy install. Also reasonably priced after the forum discount from Realtruck.

Ford Maverick Going crazy over tonneau covers! IMG_2824

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gator SFX tri-fold. No significant leakage issues, just ponding and corner peel.

Ford Maverick Going crazy over tonneau covers! 1682608405412

Beginning warranty return process. Results unknown at this point.

Edit:
Just heard back from Extang (the manufacturer of the Gator SFX). They offered a replacement/upgrade with a Trifecta 2.0 -- trivially simple.

This is how customer support should work. Positive shout out to Extang!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dave,

You've probably considered this already, but every bed cover out there will leak a little bit, even if it's only a couple tablespoons after a heavy rain storm. More importantly, however, a locking hard cover (either roll up or hard tri-fold) is the only way to go in terms of bed security. A soft bed cover is certainly less expensive, but any jackass with a sharp knife and a flashlight can easily explore what's in the bed of your truck in under 20 seconds. Whereas a locking hard cover provides you with basically a large "trunk area" that is as secure from thieves as the trunk on any sedan.

LeoneSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own a truck accessory business and I deal with them every day. Be realistic about your uses and what you want the cover to do. There's a big price difference between hard covers and soft covers, so plan accordingly. The soft covers are simple and easy, most of the better ones are lifetime warranty. The hard covers usually have a weight carrying capacity and are are more secure. Depending on the cover, the hard ones can fold up vertically against the back glass and give you almost 100% usable bed space. There's a reason that the Chinesium Amazon covers are cheaper than the ones you get through reputable channels.

I've got news for those of you saying that the covers leak - your truck bed isn't designed to be watertight :LOL:. It's usually not the covers leaking, it's all the holes in the bed and the actual bed itself. 1/2 the time I can see daylight through where the bedside and floor meet on the aluminum beds. Compare a 10 year old truck that had actual metal bed caps and a couple of built in hooks to the new trucks that have 7 different types of fasteners and gadgets everywhere and you'll see why water gets in. Proper install is important. A little water in the bed is to be expected. Stuff getting wet in the bed is not.

The Ford covers are cheaper versions of the ones owned by Truck Hero. They put lesser quality components, seals, etc and then sell them for a premium.

I bought a Maverick on Tuesday and am putting a Lomax Stance on it.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone here try the bak Revolver x4s? In my online and YouTube research, it looks very appealing. I am looking for a hard trifold/rolling (Revolver style) cover.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the soft rollup from Ford, used the Fordpass points to get a discount on it. I live in Louisiana where it rains all the freaking time, and it's fine. Has a nice Ford logo on it.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone here try the bak Revolver x4s? In my online and YouTube research, it looks very appealing. I am looking for a hard trifold/rolling (Revolver style) cover.
I have it, only had it for a couple weeks, but am pretty happy with it

Sponsored

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've got news for those of you saying that the covers leak - your truck bed isn't designed to be watertight :LOL:. It's usually not the covers leaking, it's all the holes in the bed and the actual bed itself
The bed itself isn't designed to be watertight, and actually has drain holes to let water out. Otherwise it could make for a nice wading pool... :)

However, the primary reasons people put a tonneau cover over the bed is for security and to keep things dry inside the bed.

This isn't rocket science. For a thousand bucks it is a reasonable expectation that the cover should be designed not to leak, and whatever materials and instructions are needed to seal the cover to the bedsides should be included in the package.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Water resistant is key words . have undercover armor tonneau more for security than water proof protection . don't know if leaks or not . not that important to me . edges around dibl ( modified ranger liner cut to fit bought off Craigslist for $25 )are open so water would drain into bed and out the drainage holes . anything important put in water tight containers with lids or throw small tarp over it under the tonneau . good enough and tonneau works great for my needs .

Ford Maverick Going crazy over tonneau covers! 20230414_155921

Ford Maverick Going crazy over tonneau covers! 20220831_134556

Ford Maverick Going crazy over tonneau covers! 20220511_135810

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I give up. Would someone please steer me towards a nice affordable cover. The choice between rolling folding retractable is too much. All I want is a cheap good cover that only leaks a little. Because I hear they all leak. lol Thank you. I need two and I've read here they might get discounts for MTC people?
Mine is a Ford soft trifold that came with the truck (ordered by someone else). It’s ok but I’m taking it in next week for the airbag recall and for them to reposition it. It leaks on all sides except the tailgate and pine needles are stuck in the crevice behind the bed. It’s garaged so this is annoying.

I know this doesn’t concern any of you brutes but the next one I get needs to be easier to unlatch, like a screw tight. As a petite older woman I have to lay down and use all my weight to latch the cover after previously releasing it. I have extended the bolts as far as possible but it’s still a pain in the butt! Any solutions to my problem would be appreciated 😊👍🏻
Sponsored