First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my way into work this morning I was listening to my usual radio station, and right in the middle of the morning gab session...BOOM! Talking stopped and music started playing. I realized the radio station changed without being prompted. Not sure if this is a transmitting issue or something to watch for in the Maverick. Granted, there are pockets of areas on the beachside where you completely lose cell phone reception, and if there's any major event in town the AT&T users are much better off than the Verizon users.

The radio station change happened twice.

I laughed it off. Reminded me of my mother's VW Scirocco she had back in the early 80's that would change radio stations if you went over the railroad tracks, or leak AC coolant on the passenger's foot when going around corners.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mdibon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy equinox
On my way into work this morning I was listening to my usual radio station, and right in the middle of the morning gab session...BOOM! Talking stop and music started playing. I realized the radio station changed without being prompted. Not sure if this is a transmitting issue or something to watch for in the Maverick. Granted, there are pockets of areas on the beachside where you completely lose cell phone reception, and if there's any major event in town the AT&T users are much better off than the Verizon users.

I laughed it off. Reminded me of my mother's VW Scirocco she had back in the early 80's that would change radio stations if you went over the railroad tracks, or leak AC coolant on the passenger's foot when going around corners.
I dont have my truck yet. but are there radio controls on the steering wheel. I know on my current vehicle, if i palm steer, sometimes when i go around corners i hit the change station button. and low and behold.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont have my truck yet. but are there radio controls on the steering wheel. I know on my current vehicle, if i palm steer, sometimes when i go around corners i hit the change station button. and low and behold.
Not sure if I did that or not. Always a possibility. Guess I'll have to keep my hands to myself, huh? 😉

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good idea, I could see that happening. I have not had any problems with the audio system as of yet.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my way into work this morning I was listening to my usual radio station, and right in the middle of the morning gab session...BOOM! Talking stop and music started playing. I realized the radio station changed without being prompted. Not sure if this is a transmitting issue or something to watch for in the Maverick. Granted, there are pockets of areas on the beachside where you completely lose cell phone reception, and if there's any major event in town the AT&T users are much better off than the Verizon users.

Any chance you might have tapped the audio control on the wheel.

Assuming the XL has those?

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a job for Major.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sound more like a Ghost in your Stereo.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided

Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach planted a demon in your Maverick.

I'm thinking you should consult with a priest without delay.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the best damn beers you can drink! 🤣

7F6FD619-8D91-48C8-921E-FC2554BFBCBE.png
Ghost in the Machines is also one of the best Futurama episodes of all time...

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach planted a demon in your Maverick.

I'm thinking you should consult with a priest without delay.
I'm not sure if it would be me or my truck getting the exorcism. 😉 Did you ever see The Exorcism of Emily Rose? "I am the one who dwells within!"

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my way into work this morning I was listening to my usual radio station, and right in the middle of the morning gab session...BOOM! Talking stopped and music started playing. I realized the radio station changed without being prompted. Not sure if this is a transmitting issue or something to watch for in the Maverick. Granted, there are pockets of areas on the beachside where you completely lose cell phone reception, and if there's any major event in town the AT&T users are much better off than the Verizon users.

Ford Maverick Ghost in the Machine ghostradio
Sponsored