First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't recall anyone mentioning this before, but my Hybrid has a total lack of recall of what state the HVAC was in when I shut it off, and decides on it's own what to turn on when I start the truck back up.

Example: I might have left things with the heat off and heated seats on level 1 and Sirius on Apple CarPlay on. Turn the truck on, the defrost is on, the heated mirrors are on, the heated seat is on and the AM radio turns on.

Other times, there is a different subset of things on. It's like it's guessing and can't remember the state it was in. Maybe it needs dementia treatments.

It seems to have gotten worse since I took it in for the Customer Sat Program.

I couldn't begin to diagnose the problem.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On the HVAC, if you're using AUTO mode, try using Manual mode instead. Even on manual, though, there's no guarantee the truck won't decide to turn on stuff you don't want on, in a misguided effort to defog things, when the humidistat thinks there's too much humidity in the cab.

Good luck on the rest of it. I am annoyed by the occasional AM radio firing up, mainly because there are no receivable AM stations where I live, except at night. So I usually hear nothing but static when that happens. :rolleyes:

I hate poorly designed artificial intelligence, especially when the result is not what you want. And this truck has way too much of it.

Ellebob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a menu item that lets you change this. On the default auto it set the truck to 72 degrees and either turns on heat or AC to achieve that. You can change the menu item to last and it will come on to wherever you left it when you turned off the truck.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've noticed that mine doesn't always activate the seat heaters. I set them to on and the past couple times I've come out to the truck they have not been on.

My butt is frozen.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple things to try (in manual or not auto).

1) From “everything off” try pressing a position button first (vents, floor, windshield, etc.)

2) if ONLY the windshield is selected, you probably WILL get A/C dehumidification whether you want it not.

3) if windshield is NOT selected, or is selected with something else, it will follow your commands regarding A/C

4) try pressing and un-pressing every single button. For me, this “reset” something or unstuck something that was forcing A/C to run full time.

Best Luck 🍀

Sponsored

OP
OP
flashfearless

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couple things to try (in manual or not auto).

1) From “everything off” try pressing a position button first (vents, floor, windshield, etc.)

2) if ONLY the windshield is selected, you probably WILL get A/C dehumidification whether you want it not.

3) if windshield is NOT selected, or is selected with something else, it will follow your commands regarding A/C

4) try pressing and un-pressing every single button. For me, this “reset” something or unstuck something that was forcing A/C to run full time.

Best Luck 🍀
Thanks. I will try some things like that. Weird thing though is why does the heated mirror find it's way back on when I rarely turn it on.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I will try some things like that. Weird thing though is why does the heated mirror find it's way back on when I rarely turn it on.
The heated mirrors turn on automatically below about 50 F.
Sponsored