2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got the bed cover today. Looks pretty sweet. Being that this was the first bed cover I've installed, it took about 20 minutes to get it on properly. There is an internal seal on the cab side that needs to be pressed against the bed, so don't fit it to close to the tail gate. The cover also came with tailgate seal, which was surprising since the product page on Real Truck states that it doesn't come with tailgate seals. Whatever. I installed the seal on the tailgate itself, and took the seal that I bought separately and placed it in the traditional spots along the edge of the bed and sidewalls. Almost no light gets in the bed. I'm pretty confident about it being water tight. Nice cover.

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 20211217_133347

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 20211217_133419

Ford Maverick Gator SFX Tri-fold 20211217_133430
Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the bed cover today. Looks pretty sweet. Being that this was the first bed cover I've installed, it took about 20 minutes to get it on properly. There is an internal seal on the cab side that needs to be pressed against the bed, so don't fit it to close to the tail gate. The cover also came with tailgate seal, which was surprising since the product page on Real Truck states that it doesn't come with tailgate seals. Whatever. I installed the seal on the tailgate itself, and took the seal that I bought separately and placed it in the traditional spots along the edge of the bed and sidewalls. Almost no light gets in the bed. I'm pretty confident about it being water tight. Nice cover.

20211217_133347.jpg

20211217_133419.jpg

20211217_133430.jpg
I literally did the same thing an hour ago on my alto blue FX4 Lariat awd 2.0.
I was able to use all the clamps (some people had trouble for some reason???) and I also received the tailgate seal installed on the cover and the extra seal for the tailgate.

No pics though because I installed it right before the wife and daughter were leaving for 3 days on a trip.

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I literally did the same thing an hour ago on my alto blue FX4 Lariat awd 2.0.
I was able to use all the clamps (some people had trouble for some reason???) and I also received the tailgate seal installed on the cover and the extra seal for the tailgate.

No pics though because I installed it right before the wife and daughter were leaving for 3 days on a trip.
Awesome. Enjoy the trip and drive safe. Happy Holidays!

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Looking at purchasing this cover. Could someone that has one, with the tailgate up and the cover folded to the cab, how many inches of bed is left? For example, would a dog crate fit inside the bed with the cover folded back to cab and the tailgate shut?

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
*Lengthy post with pictures

No need to speculate, you can't have a perfect seal with a folding cover. If it rains hard and if there's enough wind, water will find it's way into the bed. There will always be compromises made to balance the functionality of such cover, the look and sealing it off.

Gap where the edge seal meets (or in this case doesn't meet) the corner seal
IMG_9285.jpg

Gap at the hinges
IMG_9286.jpg

Gap in the truck plastic cover pieces on the sides
IMG_9287.jpg

If light leaks, water might leak...
Gap between the plastic covers
IMG_9290.jpg

Second fold
IMG_9291.jpg

First fold
IMG_9293.jpg

Tailgate sides
IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

Tailgate top
IMG_9297.jpg

Looking at the tailgate seal I thought it was pretty good but in reality it is not making much contact with the tailgate. If the cover was 1/4"-1/2" longer, it would seal the top end of the tailgate very well. I might stick some additional seal to the cover on this edge when I get it.
IMG_9299.jpg

Scratches on the plastic cover from the Al clamp
IMG_9288.jpg

I put some foam tape on the side that is against the plastic
FoamTape.PNG

I want to know your ideas on how to get rid of those scratches. They are on the surface and not deep.

I mainly intend to use this tonneau cover to hide contents of the bed (mostly groceries :D) and luggage on road trips. I purchased a $30 cargo carrier bag from Harbor Freight, and it did a great job of keeping our bags dry through heavy rain and strong winds, I intend to use it and both together should make it pretty waterproof.
I have the extang trifecta signature and it has almost the exact same nasty clamps. I don't why they had to do such aggressive clamps that scratches everything. Those efing clamps scratched my plastic trims on the outside very badly. The best way to get rid of those to replace the trim. I just checked with the dealership, it is arround 150, which is not so bad. I am wondering if there are any covers out there which keep the water completly out and don't leak? I get lots of water in.

Sponsored

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the extang trifecta signature and it has almost the exact same nasty clamps. I don't why they had to do such aggressive clamps that scratches everything. Those efing clamps scratched my plastic trims on the outside very badly. The best way to get rid of those to replace the trim. I just checked with the dealership, it is around 150, which is not so bad. I am wondering if there are any covers out there which keep the water completely out and don't leak? I get lots of water in.
Foam tape worked well for me. I removed the cover to haul some large items and reinstalled it twice with no scratches.

I do not get much water in the bed with the Gator cover. In heavy rain, I do see two streams from both sides through the gap in the pictures I posted. It isn't much at all and if I got the extra seal, it would have been an easy fix. Overall, very happy with it.

Mavidiesel

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you need the slider bars to mount these? And does the Gator come with them?

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know when the sale ends?

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picking up my Cactus Grey Maverick tomorrow!

Here is stuff I bought so far:
Tailgate assist
E-bay tailgate lettering (anyone know if this can be put on in cold weather?)
Black Platinum Doorsill Plates
Black on Black RokBlokz Mudflaps
Gator SFX Trifold Tonneau Cover (just ordered a few minutes ago)

Planning to buy:
Lasfit 4257 LED's when they come back in stock
Straps etc in case I need to tie stuff down.
Registering the truck (this will hurt lol)

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you need the slider bars to mount these? And does the Gator come with them?
The Gator SFX comes with the cover, instructions, and extra tailgate seal. There are 6 attachment points. 4 main clamps to temporarily secure the cover to the bed and 2 emergency clamps in case of cover detachment. The emergency/safety clamps are meant to be installed either on the tie-down bars inside the bed or on the metal lip of the bed sidewalls. If you've got a bed liner and no tie-down rail, you'll have to trim the plastic of the liner so that the clamps are making contact with actual metal. Either that or install some tie down rails.

Sponsored

SlingerRing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

20211217_133347.jpg

20211217_133419.jpg

20211217_133430.jpg
Update on that post: So there are a couple of points where water does ingress into the bed. These points for me are located on either left and right corners of the cover toward the cab. The Maverick also has a groove on the black plastic side-wall trim that lets water in. I just took mine through an automatic carwash and checked the bed immediately after. There was plenty of water in the bed that had collected and drained in the furrows from the above mentioned points. However, I had several items in back sitting on top of the furrow ridges that remained completely dry. Considering that this was done by direct streams of pressurized water, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Delivered and installed today. Nice cover, but I wish it were about 1/2 inch longer.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

LilSebastian

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Received today. This thing sucks. Boggles my mind people are out there cutting up the trim on their brand new vehicle. The emergency clamps go on the bed rails, but you cannot insert the clamp slide block without first removing the tie down cleats, and you cannot do that without removing the whole rail first. Way more trouble than what it is worth.

Edit-reading old posts and seeing people just clamp it to the plastic trim despite what the instructions say. Good luck with that when it flies off.
Sponsored

Last edited: