Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not get the part that fits into the rail either. It definitely is not necessary as the clamp fits just fine on the rail and it’s only a safety tether in case the other clamps fail for some reason and your cover becomes a sail.

I have attached some more photos of some specific areas that have been asked about.

50307353-7084-4ED8-AA2B-7B4FDB3736C8.jpeg

8EF456D8-F6C7-4A60-8586-A97401DBA77C.jpeg

68C38AA8-53F5-4698-84D6-D933E54E91D6.jpeg
I am almost thinking the slider handle itself comes off the square part that you pull up to adjust the slider..and the screw goes into that hole??
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no reason to use the tie down rail at all. every part hooks into the bed side, not the rail and leaves full adjustment for the tie down handle

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am almost thinking the slider handle itself comes off the square part that you pull up to adjust the slider..and the screw goes into that hole??
No. The installation sheet has clear instructions on how to attach to the cargo rail, I advise you read it or just attach it to the bed rail like we did.

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
💡 I think I am going to use the T-nut like slide block to add more sliding tiedowns/hooks on the rail when they ship these missing parts ;)

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. The installation sheet has clear instructions on how to attach to the cargo rail, I advise you read it or just attach it to the bed rail like we did.
I did read it, thank you. There are others on another forum who have done what I just said. Also, one person received the hardware and it was not a correct fit on the rail system.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
💡 I think I am going to use the T-nut like slide block to add more sliding tiedowns/hooks on the rail when they ship these missing parts ;)
Good luck with that...I spent four days battling with Gator over the hardware and tape and they had various individuals from their engineering group, their design group and their managment tell me that those items are not for the maverick SFX tonneau. The are refunding me my cost and want the cover returned. I am gladly obliging them...

Last edited:

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck with that...I s0ent four days battling with Gator ove the hardware and tape and they had verious individuals fr their engineering group, their desig group and their managemtn tell me that those items are not for the maverick SFX tonneau. The are refunding me my cost and want the cover returned. I am gladly obliging them...
Oh no! When I called the customer service rep asking abt the seal, she was the one that pointed out I am also missing some hardware 🤷‍♂️

I like the cover, it's functional and don't really care much for the hardware, I'll still keep it becoz there's nothing else at that price point. But I'll be hesitant to buy anything from them if they don't send me the tailgate seal which I believe should have been included. Tailgate seal is around $20 which isn't much but it's 8% of the covers cost and they advertise the cover comes with it. We shall see.

Sorry for what you have experienced and thanks for sharing with us.

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gator SFX is now on sale for $219

glohworm

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gator SFX is now on sale for $219
Thanks for the heads up. I've had the top on order since 10/26. With tax it was $284.90 and on back order. I contacted them and asked for a rebate to reflect the new price drop. I certainly won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

Sponsored

PostaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Terrain
I ordered 1 yesterday,, not thinking about a black Friday sale. I got ahold of them and they are refunding me the difference,,, like $60..plus tax went from $300 to $236.

Captainp

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
I ordered a Gator SFX from RealTruck.com a few days ago. It meets my needs at at the lowest price I found. Asked on their online chat for best price, got it for $264 with free shipping. They have guaranteed fitment. I don't think any of these have been delivered yet. But my Maverick is still a ways out so it's no problem for me to wait.
Realtek have a black friday sale $219

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered directly from Gator today $219 with free shipping.

MaseWindu

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Camry
I ordered off Real Truck yesterday and got this ETA from the confirmation.

Estimated delivery date:

Wednesday, Dec. 15 - Monday, Dec. 20

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw that earlier today. I ordered 2 weeks ago and it's still not shipped so I contacted them and they are going to issue a credit to my card for the difference in price and said they will expedite my shipment. I will post back here if all that really happens. And I will post in big letters if it doesn't happen. LOL
Updating as promised: received the Gator SFX and the credit was issued back to my card. Good experience with RealTruck.
Sponsored