First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember, TFL is in Boulder, CO where the elevation is over a mile high and they even say they lose a second in 0-60 time due to lower air density. The hybrid did a bit better because it starts out and is assisted by the electric motor, which is not affect by elevation.
Yea thats true, although I think MotorTrend is in CA, so I don't think that was an issue for them. But MT as tested weight seemed pretty high like I mentioned before.
Sponsored

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Yea thats true, although I think MT is in CA, so I don't think that was an issue for them. But MT as tested weight seemed pretty high like I mentioned before.
ya, I mean my Maverick is at the very light end weighing in at 3567 lbs. Still, the one thing all th auto journalists have mentioned was that it’s hard to get a good hookup of traction on the fwd ecoboost. Car and Driver, which I think is in Michigan, has the best track times on most cars and they got a really fast time on an awd Maverick.

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
100,000 miles / 40mpg x $3 per gallon = $7500.

100,000 miles / 30mpg x $3 per gallon = $10000.

Not exact figures but that's a lot of difference, the savings on the Hybrid goes up if gas prices go up....
what about smiles per gallon? Hybrid won’t do that for me
Sponsored