First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice article. Seems to me that they could be trying to avoid what is going on with this years models and the backup in production. Bronco holders have been backlogged almost a year and the F150 just started deliveries these past months. It could be(speculation) that we will get an official reveal when Ford has a decent arsenal of Mavericks ready for delivery. That way, if they run into production issues, they can fulfill some orders to keep customers from changing brands. Smart, but I hate the wait.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they're putting manufacturing numbers into their books it means the Maverick is getting really close to production. Those are the vehicles they use for embargoed reviews prior to reveal, 3rd party crash testing and testing for fuel economy and emissions.

OP
OP

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
If they're putting manufacturing numbers into their books it means the Maverick is getting really close to production. Those are the vehicles they use for embargoed reviews prior to reveal, 3rd party crash testing and testing for fuel economy and emissions.
Great news. Would you think this would lead to a reveal within the next month or two?

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Am I the only one who tried to google earth a satellite view of the Hermosillo factory to see if they have any trucks parked outside? Anyone live near by to try and sneak a pic? :ROFLMAO:

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if the dealers will attempt a price gouging. i remember seeing thousands on new released vehicles. I am fortunate that my sis works for Ford so I get the “A” plan to order one.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Curious if the dealers will attempt a price gouging. i remember seeing thousands on new released vehicles. I am fortunate that my sis works for Ford so I get the “A” plan to order one.
You may get X-plan if you are a member of the DAV or Mustang Club of America ..
Regards

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
You may get X-plan if you are a member of the DAV or Mustang Club of America ..
Regards
Thankfully I qualify for x plan, it's 0.04% off invoice right?

Sponsored

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been waiting patiently for my reserved Bronco Sport Badlands -- Wifey/I had some afternoon time to kill and stopped by a Ford dealership just to see if they had any Bronco Sports...the Badlands on the lot looked good and if the Maverick will just extend a couple of feet longer then most of us won't be disappointed...

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great news. Would you think this would lead to a reveal within the next month or two?
I would think so with the preproduction units already done.
The Maverick reveal, or non reveal really, does seem odd. Usually when new models are at the stage of early production the product has already been revealed to the public. Ford is really holding their card close to their chest with the Maverick. That tells me that they feel they have a lot riding on this truck.

Last edited:

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
The Maverick reveal, or non reveal really, does seem odd. Usually when new models are at the stage of early production the product has already been revealed to the public. Ford is really holding their card close to their check with the Maverick. That tells me that they feel they have a lot riding on this truck.
Which is why I find interesting that every article says ford doesn't expect this to be a big seller, they have the possibility to make this not only an entry car into the brand, but for people like me an entry truck into TRUCKS, I'm sure they expect people getting a Bronco to eventually trade up to an f150, and it if they get the fleet part right, this could be their new crown Victoria...(interceptor)

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Outside of this little niche, I'm not sure that the Maverick is sufficiently lust-worthy for dealers to put markups on them like they have with some other highly awaited.
I don’t know Marcus, the dealers will do anything to take advantage of the “new” lines, remember the launch of the Beetle? Some insane buyers were paying thousands over the MSRP, just saying...
Sponsored