John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blk 23 Mav Lariat , 09 Escape ,72 honda 350 cycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did ford stop installing the fuel door with the inside release ? It shows it in my 2023 owners manual .
MY 2023 has a push to open door . It looks like they made the change during model year switchover and didn't update the manual .
Just like the heated wipers , I thought that was standard on the larait .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vickram

Vickram

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blk 23 Mav Lariat , 09 Escape ,72 honda 350 cycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick Hybrid has a pressurized fuel tank, thus it has the electronic release. EcoBoost has an unpressurized tank, so the door just pops open. Both have Ford's Easy Fuel® capless filler.

The heated wiper park required the Luxury Packages (XLT or Lariat) for 2022-23MY and has been discontinued for 2024 MY.

Thanks jsus , My mav was a late 2023 build ,so It deleted shortly before that .

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks jsus , My mav was a late 2023 build ,so It deleted shortly before that .
EcoBoost Maverick's never had an inside fuel door release. Hybrid Maverick's always have had the inside release.

Nothing has been deleted or changed on any Maverick's fuel door opening.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea makes no sense why there is no push release in the EB's too.

Look at that fuel door wrong and it's going to pop open on you.
A couple of times I've inadvertently opened the fuel door when leaning on it to put things into the bed. Not too big of a deal but slightly irritating.

A spring loaded door like my 2002 Explorer has may have been a better idea.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It wouldn't serve the same purpose on EB, that's the reason.
I realize the EB doesn't have the pressurized tank, but they could have at least given it a locking cover. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't have a locking cover, even the oldest car I drove from the 70s had one. 👌

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I realize the EB doesn't have the pressurized tank, but they could have at least given it a locking cover. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't have one. 👌
On the plus side, it is not that easy to siphon fuel out of a Maverick due to the Easy Fuel Capless system. So there is not really a need for a locking fuel door.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On the plus side, it is not that easy to siphon fuel out of a Maverick due to the Easy Fuel Capless system. So there is not really a need for a locking fuel door.
All you need to do is push a plastic funnel into it, Ford even provides one behind the back seat of the truck. :ROFLMAO:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
having trouble understanding what a pressurized tank has to do with a locking fuel cap

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All you need to do is push a plastic funnel into it, Ford even provides one behind the back seat of the truck. :ROFLMAO:
Right, which is one more step and piece of equipment needed that you would assume someone siphoning gas doesn't have on them. Sort of like a lock on your house only keeping out honest criminals, a locking gas door or the need to use a specific diameter funnel only keeps out the honest criminals. If somone is determined, they get what they want. Heck, just avoid the filler completely and cut a fuel line coming from the tank.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
having trouble understanding what a pressurized tank has to do with a locking fuel cap
Because it is pressurized, it needs to have a release mechanism. Which is why the hybrid has a timed lock where it will not open the door until the tank is de-pressurized. Unless you prefer someone spraying fuel/fumes all over themselves by opening the pressurized fuel filler neck while the tank is still under pressure?

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Right, which is one more step and piece of equipment needed that you would assume someone siphoning gas doesn't have on them. Sort of like a lock on your house only keeping out honest criminals, a locking gas door or the need to use a specific diameter funnel only keeps out the honest criminals. If somone is determined, they get what they want. Heck, just avoid the filler completely and cut a fuel line coming from the tank.
Sure, just saying it's possible, if someone wants to target Ford vehicles all they need is one funnel. Most gas thefts reported here had the tanks drilled and drained, into a container most likely.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, just saying it's possible, if someone wants to target Ford's all they need is one funnel. Most gas thefts reported here had the tanks drilled and drained it into a container most likely.
Yeah, I am with you. Heck, I bought a couple extra larger funnels when I got my Maverick. So I don't have to deal with the tiny white one. Easily bought on Amazon. Totally not going to be hard for a criminal to acquire. ;)

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the hybrid has a timed lock where it will not open the door until the tank is de-pressurized]
all you had to say, thanks (y)
Sponsored