Sponsored

Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows)

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, done at a local shop. It’s south Louisiana, most of those sorts of laws are not adhered to and typically not enforced heavily. I speak as a former law enforcement officer of 10+ years!
Glad to hear, I may have to make a trip down to South LA and get mine done. These shops up here in Alexandria follow the letter of the law. Thanks for the info! I am still waiting on mine to show up at Hixson. 2 months in transit, crazy!
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to hear, I may have to make a trip down to South LA and get mine done. These shops up here in Alexandria follow the letter of the law. Thanks for the info! I am still waiting on mine to show up at Hixson. 2 months in transit, crazy!
Come on down, I’ll take you to my guy! Haha

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Looks like the OP's rears are still darker than front. Might be my phone or a different color tint? The light color truck looks right though.

inferno

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Colorado, 2022 Ford Maverick
Here's my CG with window tint. I am experimenting with wheel color before I purchase aftermarket wheels. I started with Graphite(as seen in pic) and will eventually spray them black.
Ford Maverick Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows) 982E138E-3E4F-4795-A2A5-CE3196039BFC

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Get all my rides done to one or two shades past legal. Best way to find a good shop is find the one that does the local police cruisers. Those guys live in their cars and are a good indicator of a quality shop.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bad Ass looks...YES.
Legal...NO.
The elitists in Michiganistan would never allow such a thing. :ROFLMAO:

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had several of my vehicle windows tinted in Kentucky. Only had an issue with law enforcement once. I moved to Indiana for a few years and moved back to Kentucky. In order to register my truck in Kentucky again, I had to have a sheriff's inspection of the truck. They wouldn't pass the front windows I had tinted until I had the tint removed. That being said, my current F150 has tinted front windows and my Maverick will have them. I too have issues seeing out of them at night, when turning onto a dark road. I just roll down my window if I can't see.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be careful of how dark you tint...illegal in some states
And cops will definitely use it as an excuse to pull over a driver that they think looks 'suspicious,' and the definition of suspicious is usually about what you think it is. I've spent too many years with the NC Admistrative Office of the Courts to think otherwise. Tint or don't tint. Just know that you're marginally more attractive to local leo's who haven't met their quota.

Sponsored

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got an appt on Monday to get my fronts tinted. Just going to match the back windows. I was quoted 100, 175 & 225 based on the uv protection of the tint.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
We do what we want in Texas, laws don't go round here 🤪

day004

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool thing I found when I had my Audi's windows tinted is that you can get a clear ceramic tint on the front windows that is nearly perfectly clear but does high IR rejection. Helps keep the interior cooler without adding unwanted darkness. Loved it.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And cops will definitely use it as an excuse to pull over a driver that they think looks 'suspicious,' and the definition of suspicious is usually about what you think it is. I've spent too many years with the NC Admistrative Office of the Courts to think otherwise. Tint or don't tint. Just know that you're marginally more attractive to local leo's who haven't met their quota.
Lol, the ignorance in this post runneth over.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, the ignorance in this post runneth over.
Point it out. Like, I've sat at my desk at the courthouse reviewing citations that started with a pullover because of suspected tint violation. I've smiled and nodded while traffic officers joked about how tailights and window tint are the best way to stop that dude and his "posse" and look in the car.
Sponsored