Windows Tinted

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ouch! that is a ton of $ for that. I just spent $60 for pre-cut nano ceramic (All doors and back window) and installed it my self. I also did a Visor strip. But I do agree on the Need for Ceramic here in AZ

20230606_185514_resized.jpg

20230606_185522_resized.jpg
Pre-cut? As in, all you do is slap it up there? I need to know more about this.
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pre-cut? As in, all you do is slap it up there? I need to know more about this.
lol... it takes a lot more skill than slapping it up there. The Maverick is very difficult to tint. The front windows have deep channels that the tint has to go behind. If you have never tinted car or truck windows before....I would suggest a professional. If you have done a few vehicles in the past then you could possibly install it yourself. I personally have done about 10 vehicles myself. This Maverick and my Cadillac were very difficult to get the tint way back behind the trim pieces on the Driver & Passenger doors (fronts). All other windows are about average.
Pre-cut just means that the tint is cut to the window shape and does not require much thought or skills. It can be difficult separating the actual tint from the clear backing (exposing the stickey side) and getting it on the window in the correct position. I would suggest watching a few YouTube video's on the subject before deciding if you wish to attempt it yourself.
Best of luck!

This is where I purchased my tint: https://www.ebay.com/itm/392934763397
I asked for 20% tint for the front 2 windows, and 35% tint for all the back (factory dyed windows).
I am very happy with the darker tint up front and about perfect match for the rear windows.
Also, Ceramic tint is very important in a hot & sunny climate to block the heat.

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol... it takes a lot more skill than slapping it up there. The Maverick is very difficult to tint. The front windows have deep channels that the tint has to go behind. If you have never tinted car or truck windows before....I would suggest a professional. If you have done a few vehicles in the past then you could possibly install it yourself. I personally have done about 10 vehicles myself. This Maverick and my Cadillac were very difficult to get the tint way back behind the trim pieces on the Driver & Passenger doors (fronts). All other windows are about average.
Pre-cut just means that the tint is cut to the window shape and does not require much thought or skills. It can be difficult separating the actual tint from the clear backing (exposing the stickey side) and getting it on the window in the correct position. I would suggest watching a few YouTube video's on the subject before deciding if you wish to attempt it yourself.
Best of luck!

This is where I purchased my tint: https://www.ebay.com/itm/392934763397
I asked for 20% tint for the front 2 windows, and 35% tint for all the back (factory dyed windows).
I am very happy with the darker tint up front and about perfect match for the rear windows.
Also, Ceramic tint is very important in a hot & sunny climate to block the heat.
Yea I could tell just by the way the back window is that it's not easy. I already had mine done but for the price they quoted me on ceramic, I'd be willing to learn. I have some new windows about to go in the house so I may keep one to practice on. Pre-cut seem like a dream compared to having to cut them yourself.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yea I could tell just by the way the back window is that it's not easy. I already had mine done but for the price they quoted me on ceramic, I'd be willing to learn. I have some new windows about to go in the house so I may keep one to practice on. Pre-cut seem like a dream compared to having to cut them yourself.
Pre-cut is definitely the way to go! also if you screw up a window or 2 you have to re-order and that takes time and additional $. Almost worth it to have a pro do it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you to tint yours?
Also, nano-carbon (pre-cut) is about half the price as nano-ceramic tint. to the naked eye, you could not tell the difference. The ceramic blocks more heat than the carbon.
Smart to practice first ✌

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pre-cut is definitely the way to go! also it you screw up a window or 2 you have to re-order and that takes time and additional $. Almost worth it to have a pro do it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you to tint yours?
Also, nano-carbon (pre-cut) is about half the price as nano-ceramic tint. to the naked eye, you could not tell the difference. The ceramic blocks more heat than the carbon.
Smart to practice first ✌
$320 for regular and I laughed out loud when they uttered the first digit for ceramic so I didn't hear the entire number... but 6 something... $300 seems to be about the going rate as I've had it the same on a Crosstrek, Tacoma, Escape and now the Maverick. All were $320-380.

So you can imagine my shocked face when I find out they offer pre-cut ceramic ones for the same price in the DIY category - and I'm up for the challenge. I think I'll go buy some cheap tint and teach myself. I'd love to do it just for my house windows too and I figure that would be the easiest place to start. I think the hardest part would be ripping off my current tint and replacing it lol. Won't happen for a couple years but seeing your posts, I think it would be an awesome project for me.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree...I frequently look at other drives faces and eyes in heavy traffic to see what they are doing or if they are on their phone. It's definitely saved me more than one fender bender...Most cops agree.
Agree on the benefit of seeing the awareness of other drivers. However most local and the state police agencies tint their vehicle windows to the extent the occupants are not visible. One of the local news teams reported finding officers asleep while on duty.
Sponsored