Sponsored

Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows)

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Point it out. Like, I've sat at my desk at the courthouse reviewing citations that started with a pullover because of suspected tint violation. I've smiled and nodded while traffic officers joked about how tailights and window tint are the best way to stop that dude and his "posse" and look in the car.
The numerous generalizations and assumptions were enough to make me laugh. Everybody’s an expert and always wants to interject their unwanted views on law enforcement and traffic laws of their respective state in these tint threads, it’s comical.
Sponsored

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if adding tint to the windshield interferes with the Ford 360 system?

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had my front windows tinted to match the factory rear windows ($80). I think it looks pretty badass with the black rims and black paint. I Would be interested to see a cactus with black rims tinted. I'm honestly impressed with the cactus with black rims. I'm not a big fan of that color on the broncos but for some reason it looks great on the maverick.

20211127_170333.jpg

20211127_170331.jpg
love the looks as i have a black maverick too, but it's not legal in michigan for more than 4 inches on those side/front windows

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Snapped this one really quick, will try to get better ones later.

20% to match the rears. I'll probably have the OEM rears re-done before summer with a quality tint. The fronts are a ceramic film...makes a huge difference when it comes to heat.

Ford Maverick Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows) tempImagep2ccmZ

Sponsored

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if adding tint to the windshield interferes with the Ford 360 system?
I don't think it will. They would trim the film around the box on the window so it shouldn't interfere with anything.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got XPEL Nano Ceramic tint installed on the 4 side windows and rear windshield. $275. I did %30 all the way around so now the back windows look like they are %15-20 with the existing tint from Ford. Visibility is still great and I can feel safe putting expensive stuff in the back seat.

I might even get the front windshield tinted with %70 to keep the heat down.

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got XPEL Nano Ceramic tint installed on the 4 side windows and rear windshield. $275. I did %30 all the way around so now the back windows look like they are %15-20 with the existing tint from Ford. Visibility is still great and I can feel safe putting expensive stuff in the back seat.

I might even get the front windshield tinted with %70 to keep the heat down.
Dang, I need to use your guy. My xpel ceramic (Prime XR) was 225 for just the fronts. Eventually, I'll do the rears and back in the same.

I was iffy about doing the front windshield but while at the shop I saw a 70% and you can barely tell its tinted but the heat protection is huge so I'm definitely going to do that.

Mavrcktrk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I found out this about window tint (personal preference). I had a 2000 Mustang Gt Black with black leather. I thought it would look good with limo tinted windows (which it did!) But I couldn't see a damn thing out of it at night! The matching factory tint is just about right for me. I live in the city so being able to see pedestrians and cars through my widows is essential. My wife went darker on her eco sport and I hate it. Even with the back up camera i roll down the windows to back out of my driveway. It's just too dark for my liking....again, just my opinion.
Is your backup camera tinted Or do you just not trust the view?

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I found out this about window tint (personal preference). I had a 2000 Mustang Gt Black with black leather. I thought it would look good with limo tinted windows (which it did!) But I couldn't see a damn thing out of it at night! The matching factory tint is just about right for me. I live in the city so being able to see pedestrians and cars through my widows is essential. My wife went darker on her eco sport and I hate it. Even with the back up camera i roll down the windows to back out of my driveway. It's just too dark for my liking....again, just my opinion.
It's also important for others on the road to see you. You ca often tell what another drivers is about to do by seeing their face and where they are looking. Dark tinted front windows can make that difficult.

Sponsored

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine done today.. 20% front windows. 55% front windshield (ceramic), XPEL brands. Love it. I was just thinking, that with all the dash plastic, the front windshield tint should be a serious consideration for all Mav owners. @Mrkosmoo2 Highly recommend this place. He's done my Lexus and now my Mav.

Ford Maverick Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows) Tint 2

Ford Maverick Front Window Tint (now matching factory rear windows) Tint 4

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We do what we want in Texas, laws don't go round here 🤪
LOL! Though there are some limits, it get's so damn hot here that the cops don't stop you for it as long as you roll down your windows before the cops get to your vehicle ;)
Sponsored