Sponsored

Found a Maverick on the lot today...and I see why.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Golf Mill Ford, Niles, IL, White Hybrid Lariat "like new" (with 38 miles) hidden in the back lot, with no sticker, was verbally said to be priced at "$49,999". To which I said "And you said that with a straight face", turned and walked away.

Ford Motor Company, if you're paying attention, this "38 miles 'like new' Hybrid Lariat" has all the earmarks of a scam order, placed internally as a Retail order that ain't. Please hit 'em hard where it hurts...

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I almost forgot, I still have a Maverick on Order... I bought one off the lot at Quirk Ford in Quincy MA, It had everything I ordered but the 4k Tow package (which I only got thinking I was going to Lease it). But I still have one on Order through Crossroad Ford Wake Forest NC (I split my time in MA and NC). If I does come in (or incentive to order the 2023 Tremor) I sell it for in the open market... I hear Carmax is offing a good premium for the trucks

scrollworkman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Market adjustment in West Chicago, IL...no SIBL or Drop In bedliner.

20220807_184702.jpg

20220807_184712.jpg

20220807_184719.jpg

20220807_184728.jpg

20220807_184758.jpg
Doesn't make sense .For that kind of money you can get a Toyota Tacoma that will maintain its resale value .When the Maverick fad is over ,you are left with a Ford in constant need of repairs and in our area ,dealers that refuse to do the warranty work .Our dealer called and said a buyer walked out of their order and I could buy theirs .I said of course for sticker price .She explained to me ,it was going to the highest bidder.

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't make sense .For that kind of money you can get a Toyota Tacoma that will maintain its resale value .When the Maverick fad is over ,you are left with a Ford in constant need of repairs and in our area ,dealers that refuse to do the warranty work .Our dealer called and said a buyer walked out of their order and I could buy theirs .I said of course for sticker price .She explained to me ,it was going to the highest bidder.
Seems like Mavericks are holding their value pretty well ATM and it's a lot better vehicle than a Tacoma for the situation of some people. No way would I pay $26k (what I paid for our XLT hybrid) for a Tacoma, it doesn't meet the needs of my family. If people weren't paying insane ADMs (there are quite a few examples on this board), this would not be happening.

Codycote

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20220807_184702.jpg

20220807_184712.jpg

20220807_184719.jpg

20220807_184728.jpg

20220807_184758.jpg
That is ridiculous! We got our Mav in June (ordered in October) and it's a top of the line Lariat, not hybrid b/c we wanted the all-wheel-drive, but still -- with ALL the bells & whistles, including drop-in bedliner, tonneau cover, mud flaps, you name it -- our price was still only $36k. This dealer is just ripping people off, plain & simple.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220807_184702.jpg

20220807_184712.jpg

20220807_184719.jpg

20220807_184728.jpg

20220807_184758.jpg
That is more than I paid for my Lariat Hybrid out the door with almost every add on, plus I added the 10 Year/100,000 mile warranty. That is crazy!

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Walked the lot at my south burbs dealer while getting oil change the other week. Everything I looked at had a 8k-20k “market adjustment”.
They had just gotten a lightning in that had yet to be tagged with whatever ridiculous markup they’re going to try for.

shane_lxi

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Subaru Forester
Our local Ford dealership "sells" them to the Dodge dealership they also own, then "buys" them back so they can sell them at the inflated used price without catching the attention of Ford. They had the exact truck I wanted but I wasn't going to pay $40k for a 'used' awd xlt with no options

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Our local Ford dealership "sells" them to the Dodge dealership they also own, then "buys" them back so they can sell them at the inflated used price without catching the attention of Ford. They had the exact truck I wanted but I wasn't going to pay $40k for a 'used' awd xlt with no options
Ford will catch these folks and others that are using 3rd-parties to broker marked up units.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Someone posted on another topic that Villa Ford in Orange, CA was marking up their Mavericks by $20K. I was in the area and decided to stop by to see. Sure enough, they had 3 retail units available and all of them had a $20K markup. Despite telling a sales drone they didn't need to get out of rotation, one of them slithered up to me anyway.

I told him I was only there to see the markup. He sounded like he was speaking from a script. I asked how negotiable the markup was and he said it wasn't. I don't know how serious they are -- yet, he seemed to be telling the truth.

I told him I didn't care since my XL Hybrid was in CA and waiting for a truck to transport it from the rail yard.

That's when he turned to me and said that I should buy it, drive it over to the dealership, and sell it for $5K more than I paid for it. I asked him why I shouldn't sell it to them for $15K over since they would still make $5K on it. ;-)

He said to come see him when after I picked it up.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can only hope when the market adjusts many of those dealerships are stuck with vehicles they, themselves, paid too much for in hopes of gouging someone in need of a vehicle and can't sell because nobody is willing to be robbed at pen point for a vehicle they can order and wait most of a year for, yet still get for thousands less.

...and they call that a "market adjustment" I call it excessively greedy and shameful.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 10k over MSRP XL AWD at Fowler Ford in Tulsa, OK has been on the lot around two weeks. The GM there will start squirming in their chair at the 90 day mark knowing they'll lose money on interest costs after 120. Let vehicles like that sit til the tires dry rot.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We see people here talking about flipping their Maverick and it's wonderful and good. But then when a dealer wants to do it, they're scum?

Be consistent, people. Either charging what the market will bear is good or it's not.

You can't love the market economy when it makes you money and hate it when it makes money for other people.
I think its shitty either way. Its shitty hearing about people buying 2-3 of em then flipping them to carvana for $10k to $12k when there are other people who cant even get 1 order fulfilled. And then there are the shitty dealers who also want a piece of the gluttony like the rest of em and have a scrap of paper taped on under the window sticker with some B.S. ADM.

Myself personally I ordered what I wanted on December 28th and have patiently waited. Build week is august 15th. I didnt order this vehicle to flip it. I genuinely wanted this vehicle. As such, I am glad that the Granger deal fell into my lap. With a wife and 4 kids, I am on a limited budget for new vehicles, and desperately need a new daily driver. This deal allowed me to step up 1 trim level to an nicer XLT with all the same options I planned on ordering with an XL.

I dont care for all the gimme pigs making obscene profits off these weather it's a private seller, carvana, or a dealer. Whoevers doing this, all of y'all suck as far as I am concerned. All of you are acting like this thing is a 4 wheeled "beanie baby". When the bottom falls out, I hope all of you currently trying to game the system private party sellers, and dealers included get stuck with these damn things.

Gordon Gekko said greed is good. Sorry to inform you, but it's not.
Sponsored

Last edited: