Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 Lariat Lux

When using Forscan for the first time make sure you make a backup of you truck's profile. This is the classic example of do as I say not as I do. I didn't.

While changing the traffic sign recognition, double honk and Eco coach settings I made a mistake somewhere. Upon restarting the truck I was greeted with a barrage of camera errors and non functioning adaptive cruise, lane keeping, etc.. Blindly trying to change settings I reduced the warnings to just Camera Misalignment. I spent considerable time trying to make things right. Finally I remembered that I had downloaded a link that some kind soul had posted to Ford's Module Build Data (As-Built) website (sorry I can't find the OP again). If you haven't visited the site, you enter your VIN and you'll be shown the As Built data for your truck. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

I printed out the data (12 pages) and used it to reconstruct a module. Basically, you use Forscan to view your as built modules and using the first hex number on the line, locate the corresponding line on your print out. Check the rest of the hex numbers on that line and see if they match your printout. It is a time consuming and tedious job but, I was able to correct the IPMA as built module to match the print out. After doing so I restarted the truck and everything was back to normal. I stopped there. I wouldn't randomly correct other modules, just the ones you changed that caused the error. I imagine some things in the as built data on your truck will be different from the Ford data because of things you might have changed in your truck's settings.

This was my solution to operator error. If anyone knows of an easier fix please post it.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry that happened to you. Definitely have the as built file, save your modules before making changes, or note every line you've changed from their original values to what is the new value.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry that happened to you. Definitely have the as built file, save your modules before making changes, or note every line you've changed from their original values to what is the new value.
I appreciate the sympathy but it was self inflicted.

Ford Maverick Forscan rescue homer-simpson

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the as built data for my Mustang Mache E. It is 51 pages. 😲

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There should also be a bin file you can download that contains all the data. FORScan can read that file and rebuild an entire module in a single go.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Norm, I'm glad you were able to get it all sorted out. (y)

I've had many experiences in my life where I was the cause of my own problems, and many times they were programming related.

I have a brand new OBD Link EX cord and a one year subscription to Forscan, and I have yet to take the plunge and try any changes.

I read on MTC what others have done and would like to have their end result, but I just can't bring myself to actually try it. :(

So, for now I will just continue to live vicariously thru the MTC members Forscan trials and tribulations. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited: