Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked in a thread but it got buried:
new question for all you forscan Pros out there.
I want to turn on the "trailer tow backup lamps" in the 7 pin harness when i hit the cargo light button for additional lighting while loading/unloading. I studied the wiring diagrams and it looks like the easiest thing to do is add a diode jumper from the BCM pin72? cargo light wire to the pin66? wire going to the BJB which has the trailer tow backup lamp relay.
However this is seems like a brute force mechanical solution to something that seems like there might be a way to solve this digitally with the computer...

Is there a way to change the computer using forscan so that when cargo light button is pushed, power is sent out pin72 AND 66 of the c1035A connector on the BCM? how intricate or how much resolution is available in the adjustable parameters ? IOW do you have control over things down to this level of precision ?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how intricate or how much resolution is available in the adjustable parameters ? IOW do you have control over things down to this level of precision ?
FORScan doesn't do arbitrary code changes to the core firmware programming. It's only modifying exposed flags/values that the existing firmware uses to determine how to execute.

OP
OP

Defconxzero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORScan doesn't do arbitrary code changes to the core firmware programming. It's only modifying exposed flags/values that the existing firmware uses to determine how to execute.
thanks for the reply. So IOW you can’t change the code for anything you want, ONLY predefined adjustable parameters?
Sponsored