Ford's Shifting Production Policy...

Gmayaia

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Kicks
Here's one for the books. I ordered a 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid with luxury package and 360 co-pilot on Oct 27, 2021. Got the confirmation email from Ford and verified it was submitted via appropriate processes. It was assigned a priority 02 by Ford in June which I understand means everything is available to build the truck. Ford then designated the 02 priority with a "p" which supposedly means the truck has been pulled for production. Today I learned the "p" designator was deleted and then truck will NOT be scheduled for production. According to the dealer, the reason was Ford does not want to build vehicles with the 500A package and is opting to build the XL models instead. Is it any wonder that Ford's reputation is in the toilet with crap like this?????
Ordered my XL July 15, 2021. Just got confirmation of it being shipped today! Yep, it's a wait.

Jojo in Oz

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger and maverick Chevy Corvair
You are absolutely correct I got lucky with a very honest dealership and at one point they were going to toss my truck at a production back in March because there was a discrepancy between the toolbox and the drop in liner the deal was smart enough to say axe the toolbox and let it go into production which you did the biggest delay was once it was done it was just sitting there waiting for transport and truly even that was not horrendous they did make sure that everything else I ordered with the truck would be there and sure enough it was when the truck arrived at the dealership they took it over to the body shop install the toolbox and she’s a wonderful wonderful truck I find it so crazy that so many people were offering so much more money for that truck and one point called me up and said this guy won’t let up when the truck arrived at the dealership they took it over to the body shop install the toolbox and she’s a wonderful wonderful truck I find it so crazy that so many people were offering so much more money for that truck and the dealer did it one point call me up and said this guy won’t let up tell him you’re not gonna sell the truck for over 8000 over ticket price he wants to give you cash I told him there’s no way you’re giving up this truck and he was right and don’t do don’t you think the guy offered 10,000 and I said no I said my truck is very old there’s 214,000 miles on it right now and I need some thing new and I’ve waited and I’m really sorry. There’s another dealer that’s about the same distance away is the one I used in another town and I’ve heard from people that’s been an absolute disaster promises promises no numbers no scheduling pricing increased Being told if you put more money up on it maybe we can get it to move up all sorts of games I would tell everybody do what you can to make sure you’re going through an honest dealer and do the right thing but it’s worth the wait

Spartan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your dealer is the one lying or misunderstanding what Ford is telling them. You will find a lot more info here than in a show room.

I ordered almost identical to you except a week earlier and it is a First Edition. I didn't want to drop anything since it would then not be a First Edition. I was notified Tuesday that I have a VIN and will be produced as a 22.
Spartan:

You, Got Lucky!

My Maverick / 09/13/21 / FE / CG / LUX / 360 / With the No Luck Package !

All the Best,

Jim.

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my 2022 Lariat Hybrid FE, RR on 8/21 and my build date has been moved 5 times, now is August 8 with ab ETA of 8/21 to 8/26. I am not very confident at this time. Like a dummy pre traded mo 2014 Ford Lariat with only 57K because I traded for $4,500 difference out the door.
I do regret the whole process and if I knew this now I wouldn’t traded.

Sponsored

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Priority 02 means your order is being looked at; if there are no constraints then it will be scheduled to be built. Lux and 360 have been constraints for quite some time. I have never seen the 02p designation mentioned on this forum.
Mine was priority 19 when built.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Here's one for the books. I ordered a 2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid with luxury package and 360 co-pilot on Oct 27, 2021. Got the confirmation email from Ford and verified it was submitted via appropriate processes. It was assigned a priority 02 by Ford in June which I understand means everything is available to build the truck. Ford then designated the 02 priority with a "p" which supposedly means the truck has been pulled for production. Today I learned the "p" designator was deleted and then truck will NOT be scheduled for production. According to the dealer, the reason was Ford does not want to build vehicles with the 500A package and is opting to build the XL models instead. Is it any wonder that Ford's reputation is in the toilet with crap like this?????
I haven't read any replies but thought I'd answer this. An order is given priority 2 when the order earns the dealer an allocation for it. Typically the oldest orders. The reason it may not be scheduled is because of constraints on the order. The P means the order was previewing but it won't be in the priority status column. Orders will preview on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Doesn't mean it will actually schedule. They are incorrect in saying it didn't schedule because they aren't building Lariats. It's more likely because of constraints.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
In other words... the truth.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Fords not worried about their reputation. They will just blame all issues on the economy, Covid, chip shortages, worker shortages, transportation issues.

npipe07

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't read any replies but thought I'd answer this. An order is given priority 2 when the order earns the dealer an allocation for it. Typically the oldest orders. The reason it may not be scheduled is because of constraints on the order. The P means the order was previewing but it won't be in the priority status column. Orders will preview on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Doesn't mean it will actually schedule. They are incorrect in saying it didn't schedule because they aren't building Lariats. It's more likely because of constraints.
@fordvideoguy so then is it true that we need to truly wait until Thursday every week before Ford CS or our dealer can tell us if we got scheduled?

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy so then is it true that we need to truly wait until Thursday every week before Ford CS or our dealer can tell us if we got scheduled?
Yes they usually schedule on Thursday afternoons. But the last couple weeks, our Maverick orders were scheduled on Tuesday afternoon including today.

npipe07

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they usually schedule on Thursday afternoons. But the last couple weeks, our Maverick orders were scheduled on Tuesday afternoon including today.
Thanks for the response!!! I'll be listening tonight.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy , can you confirm or deny that all MY23 orders with an original date before 8-2-2022 will become priority 2's after the last MY22 scheduling notification day (8-25)?

Any additional information from the Brand or Maverick Managers on how the private offer will be calculated?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy , can you confirm or deny that all MY23 orders with an original date before 8-2-2022 will become priority 2's after the last MY22 scheduling notification day (8-25)?

Any additional information from the Brand or Maverick Managers on how the private offer will be calculated?
No confirmation on how we are to give 22MY orders that were unscheduled prioritization. I would hope that they will update their order date to their original order date. Plus dealers are not able to give priority 2 to any order. On tonight's livestream I'll explain why and how an order gets a priority 2 because I think there are many out there that think if they have a priority 2 it will get scheduled next but that isn't the case.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No confirmation on how we are to give 22MY orders that were unscheduled prioritization. I would hope that they will update their order date to their original order date. Plus dealers are not able to give priority 2 to any order. On tonight's livestream I'll explain why and how an order gets a priority 2 because I think there are many out there that think if they have a priority 2 it will get scheduled next but that isn't the case.
I’ve been Priority 2 for months and Ford Chat told me today I’m now a Priority 17…. How is that possible?
Sponsored