Sponsored

Ford should rename the forward collision system to "MOM".

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my vehicle today and literally 30 seconds after leaving the dealership that bitch was already naggin' me. Good lord I was like 35 feet away! Calm yo' titz, mom!

Ford Maverick Ford should rename the forward collision system to "MOM". 1638412133508

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For me, it's closer to my wife screaming "AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's possible this system is calibrated incorrectly. If it is going off at distance I'd have the dealer look at it.

OP
OP
spuds_mackenzie

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear if you don't tailgate these warnings go away. ;)
I'm far from tailgating, I despise tailgaters. I need to get my dash cam hooked back up so I can show you guys what's going on.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm far from tailgating, I despise tailgaters. I need to get my dash cam hooked back up so I can show you guys what's going on.
Yes, we must see this. If we can see the eye colour of the driver in front of you, the system is working correctly. 😄 That said, I always find dashcams a little deceptive in terms of how close things look. Does it still come on if you go by the 3 second rule?

Sponsored
OP
OP
spuds_mackenzie

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, we must see this. If we can see the eye colour of the driver in front of you, the system is working correctly. 😄 That said, I always find dashcams a little deceptive in terms of how close things look. Does it still come on if you go by the 3 second rule?
It usually comes on when someone is turning in front of me. But I'm still far enough away that I haven't even touched the brakes and have no reason to. From my perspective I'm never in any danger of hitting them.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen it once and it was a literally near but I have it on the highest sensitive .

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that the system operates on a combination of distance and speed. Being 35 feet away is fine at one speed, not so fine at another.

That said, there could be a calibration issue. Or, as my father used to say, there could just be a loose nut behind the wheel. :LOL: (take it easy ... just joking)

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tailgate regularly, it has only went off one time. Someone in front of me was stopped and turning to the right. I was going over 35 which may have been the trigger. I wasnt really even that close to them. I have tried to set it off by getting close to people in front of me while coming up to a stop light. no luck. In my fx4 I can adjust the settings, not sure about the others. The manual might clarify the situations that activate it. I do not have 360 or any safety features.
Sponsored