Sponsored

Ford Purging Orders from Sunday and Monday???

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been trying to get confirmation of my Maverick order since 9/19/22 and today I escalated my concerns to a GM of my dealership and got an email from the sales manager who is trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Part of the email read:

"The other thing that could be happening is a purge of orders. Ford has admitted that they couldn't close the order banks fast enough so all orders taken Sunday and Monday were not going to get filled. They haven't made anything official yet But it is possible that they have already started purging deals from those two days."

Holy Shit! Has anyone else heard anything about this fiasco?
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like typical dealer BS to me.

He wants you to believe Ford couldn't close their own order banks fast enough? It's software, not a heavy door that takes many, many executives doing physical work to shut it.

Marcus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they communicate it soon, that may be the best. Better than wondering for a year what's going on.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been trying to get confirmation of my Maverick order since 9/19/22 and today I escalated my concerns to a GM of my dealership and got an email from the sales manager who is trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Part of the email read:

"The other thing that could be happening is a purge of orders. Ford has admitted that they couldn't close the order banks fast enough so all orders taken Sunday and Monday were not going to get filled. They haven't made anything official yet But it is possible that they have already started purging deals from those two days."

Holy Shit! Has anyone else heard anything about this fiasco?
They are giving you the runaround. When the order is placed in the system they MUST place an email (normally the customers) I'm betting they did not do this OR your order was never placed. Tell them to take a screen shot of the order in the system and lets here the excuses.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

He wants you to believe Ford couldn't close their own order banks fast enough? It's software, not a heavy door that takes many, many executives doing physical work to shut it.
Well, the only thing is why doesn't simply ford limit the total number of orders via software? As soon as X number of orders are entered and it closes out. This is a fairly easy thing to do in software. They could always reopen the order banks later if they decided they could handle more orders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Feldgary53

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are giving you the runaround. When the order is placed in the system they MUST place an email (normally the customers) I'm betting they did not do this OR your order was never placed. Tell them to take a screen shot of the order in the system and lets here the excuses.
That is my concern and have asked for that and or any documentation of the accepted order... nothing so far

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is my concern and have asked for that and or any documentation of the accepted order... nothing so far
You won't, it would take all of 30 seconds to do this, you are dealing with a dishonest dealer.

OP
OP
Feldgary53

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some further context, he said Ford told him there were multiple orders under my name and wanted to know if I had the same truck ordered from another dealer. I id not place another order that generated a Preview anywhere but this one but had ordered on their website and was immediately contacted and told to use the link in the email and do the credit app. I filled the order out again and eventually got the Preview order for the second order which had one difference and signed and returned. It was submitted first without my signature and contact info apparently but I have read that the COVP was not required until Oct. 5. I'm beside myself with the cluster this has turned into.

Sponsored

Joelrogue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Its not a giant door silly, Jim Farley himself carries a torch to the top of dirt mountain and lights a brazier to signal the workers to pull the comically larger lever that cuts off the tube that carries orders to the factory.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some further context, he said Ford told him there were multiple orders under my name and wanted to know if I had the same truck ordered from another dealer. I id not place another order that generated a Preview anywhere but this one but had ordered on their website and was immediately contacted and told to use the link in the email and do the credit app. I filled the order out again and eventually got the Preview order for the second order which had one difference and signed and returned. It was submitted first without my signature and contact info apparently but I have read that the COVP was not required until Oct. 5. I'm beside myself with the cluster this has turned into.
This identical situation happened to me.... i only signed and sent my license to one dealer and yet another dealer, i spoke with once over the phone, put an order in under my name.

But they do eventually have to submit a COVP? I ask because i read an article that said a lot of dealers were fighting that requirement.

It all sounds like Ford was not prepared for the number of orders and couldn't close the doors fast enough. I don't necessarily think the dealer is being dishonest, but the question is, who has the power to cancel orders? The dealer, Ford, or both?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Feldgary53

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This identical situation happened to me.... i only signed and sent my license to one dealer and yet another dealer, i spoke with once over the phone, put and order in under my name.

But they do eventually have to submit a COVP? I ask because i read an article that said a lot of dealers were fighting that requirement.
I don't know for sure anymore about anything Ford requires as it seems to change with whoever you ask. I'm am past giving a shit at this point and will probably be happy driving my 12k mile Ranger for the foreseeable future.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If that software isn't programmed ahead of time it isn't going to work. And good luck putting that jira ticket in after the fact. It will sit in the queue.
Sponsored