Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since when does a cat-back exhaust cause warranty issues?

I've had aftermarket exhausts on 3 of my last 4 Fords, never once have I been denied a warranty repair. My 5.0 was tuned with an intake & exhaust and I had two different sensors and an evap repair covered by factory warranty. There was never any fuss over the mods. Any inspector would have a hard time blaming a catback exhaust as the culprit of any issues. If a sensor goes out or something major breaks, it would have done the same with the stock exhaust..
Not saying it will be an issue, I'm saying people like to go this route to ensure it wont be an issue.

Not every dealer is the same.
Sponsored

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL 24 Tremor on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was interested to see this thread last week and went to my dealer with the part #s this weekend. They were unaware of the part and couldn't find it in the system but promised to follow up Monday and call me back. A very nice gentlemen called me this morning and told me the exhaust would be available in January ish and by the time you added the shipping to Canada and tax it would come to around $1800. This process for me is about having my truck generate some sound, and until it's bolted on and driven you have no idea what it will be like from little snippets posted by kind folks and manufacturers alike and whether you end happy with it is completely subjective to the individual and what they want / hope it will sound like.. This afternoon I ordered a stainless system from MBRP which came in at $798 shipped to my door. This is about the most I would be willing to risk on this experiment, $1800 for a system I might not be happy with was ultimately too much.

So are you happy with the MBRP cat back? The Ford exhaust would also be my first choice like but- that price is crazy Someone a little younger then me on Kijji has an MBRP for sale said it was too loud.Yeah without physically listening and having a ride it is a gamble

Saint D

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 terrain lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So are you happy with the MBRP cat back? The Ford exhaust would also be my first choice like but- that price is crazy Someone a little younger then me on Kijji has an MBRP for sale said it was too loud.Yeah without physically listening and having a ride it is a gamble
I bought a used dp and mbrp aluminized (cheap) exhaust. The previous owner had a flow master welded on near the tail pipe. It was still too loud for me. I had exhaust shop cut the resonator out and installed a chamber muffler where the resonator was and installed the resonator near the tail pipe. It’s now just tolerable.

Saint D

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 terrain lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a used dp and mbrp aluminized (cheap) exhaust. The previous owner had a flow master welded on near the tail pipe. It was still too loud for me. I had exhaust shop cut the resonator out and installed a chamber muffler where the resonator was and installed the resonator near the tail pipe. It’s now just tolerable.
Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick IMG_6917

Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick IMG_6914

Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick IMG_6918

Sponsored

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like they tucked your exhaust in nicely

Saint D

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 terrain lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like they tucked your exhaust in nicely
I know the the owner and I traded work with him, I also help him with Subaru stuff. It looks factory which is way better than the mbrp just hanging down.

Got2go

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny you should ask. I waited until the bulk of the winter was over and I installed it 2 weeks ago Thursday and took it off the following Monday. I am probably the guy you saw that had it listed on Kijiji for sale. I can honestly say it has excellent craftsmanship, a great tone at idle and full throttle but between 2100-2400 rpm which is where you typically drive on the highway it is too loud for me to tolerate. If people are sitting in the rear seats which happened when I brought my daughter and her buddies home from university that weekend, they ask for earplugs. Not an exaggeration. My wife refused to ride in it after she took it to the grocery store on the Saturday. Not an exaggeration. I love everything about my truck but I wanted nothing to do with driving it when the system was on it. After half an hour in it I would get out and spend the next few minutes continuously swallowing to try to get my ears to pop as though I just got off an airplane, particularly the left ear which is the side the system exits. Not an exaggeration. I sent MBRP an email to ask them politely if there was anything that could be done to quiet it down, which I would be happy to pay for and I got a reply from a customer service rep named Byron and he said he would go ask design and engineering if they had any ideas if anything could be done and since then nothing, so he either forgot or they don't care. I have a classic Formula 350 with a Dynomax system and a corvette with Magnaflow system and I was hoping this would be similar, a nice tone and a little louder. Both these systems have turbo mufflers so I may buy a Walker Super Turbo or Flowmaster 50 series and some 3" pipe and build the section to replace the MBRP muffler because either of those have to be quieter than a muffler you can see right through. I would prefer to fix it than sell it but if someone comes along with a reasonable offer and they have tough ears I would let it go a call it lesson learned.

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am sorry to hear that! After reading your ad on KIJJI you got me wondering, about buying a system .I have in the past always bought cat backs for V8s ,never a 4 cylinder turbo.I am guessing the Ford system would be right choice- but crazy expensive bringing it across the border and still not available at dealers in Canada I also like the dual tips behind the rear wheel look-maybe I should keep the OEM muffler and just get the look . Maybe see about buying tips and have someone custom fit and install them? Its a shame Borla and Magnaflow do not sell the end pipe and tips

Sponsored

Franklin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just installed my Ford Performance Exhaust Last Thursday - Sounds Great - Very little drone