First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford Marketing today for my status of my Maverick order. NADA! However, I was told I have an Owner Direct Certificate that expires in April.
Rep could not tell me what it is for? Has anyone else heard about this? If so, what does it mean? I am awaiting a response from the dealer. TIA
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever it is, if it expires in April, you will probably not get to use it they way things are going now. Even if you got a build date today, chances are it would not be built and shipped in time.

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever it is, if it expires in April, you will probably not get to use it they way things are going now. Even if you got a build date today, chances are it would not be built and shipped in time.
Thanx, you are probably right.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford Marketing today for my status of my Maverick order. NADA! However, I was told I have an Owner Direct Certificate that expires in April.
Rep could not tell me what it is for? Has anyone else heard about this? If so, what does it mean? I am awaiting a response from the dealer. TIA
Probably cannot but check with dealer and see if you cannot use it on on purchase of vehicle can it possibly be used for maintenance credit or anything verses losing it!

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

my salesman friend says that is "usually a personal rebate"

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate it when companies do this kind of word play to make something ordinary sound like it came from the king of England. "Owner Direct Certificate" for eff sakes . . . just use plain english . . . a rebate or whatever the heck it is.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably cannot but check with dealer and see if you cannot use it on on purchase of vehicle can it possibly be used for maintenance credit or anything verses losing it!
I received a similar notice from Ford. Mine says it expires on July 5, 2023. Says it applies to buying units from stock or custom orders.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You certainly cannot use a rebate meant for a new vehicle purchase for maintenance/service.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received a similar notice from Ford. Mine says it expires on July 5, 2023. Says it applies to buying units from stock or custom orders.
Some at least are incentives to get you to go into dealers and purchase an in stock vehicle or order something else if you are giving up getting your existing order. Most likely in no way is it creditable to your existing order. It has an expiration date to get you to act ASAP!

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Put that with your "special offer for your existing vehicle" letter.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You certainly cannot use a rebate meant for a new vehicle purchase for maintenance/service.
True but it is an opportunity to give dealer a chance to give you one of his own incentives. I had my mav hybrids oil changed last week and when they gave me the inspection report showing Michelin's 8.5/32" tread was down to 7/32", I asked what replacements would be and price was buy three get one free plus free alignment which I doubt needs to be done as tires were all even same wear. I did not ask if they would prorate unused tread on OEM tires as I was not ready to say "let's do it"!

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's my story
Ordered a '22 Hybrid Oct 2021. Called Ford Marketing about status of order in late March '22. Due to the delays, they gave me a certificate number for a $750 rebate to be applied when vehicle actually picked up, with the caveat that it expired 4/4/22. Added that I could have the dealer call a certain number to get it extended beyond 4/4. When I asked Sales Manager about calling for me, he told me it was unnecessary and that he would apply it at closing.
When the vehicle came in, Oct 2022, he denied saying that, and of course I didn't get the rebate. He had also assured me that although Ford increased the pricing late in 2021, that I would be price protected to my original price. As you can imagine, that was also denied and I had to pay the higher price (+$1,890 on a Lariat Lux).
Lesson to learn from this - GET IT ALL IN WRITING! MOST SALESMEN ARE BORN LIARS!
Sponsored