Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
Just installed the front and rear mud flaps on my alto blue Maverick. Turned out looking better than I was expecting. I originally didn’t want them but the tires were throwing up dirt pretty high onto the sides of the truck (nearly reaching the door handles) and I knew it was only a matter of time before I ended up with some scratches or rock chips.

Install took less than an hour while taking my time & stopping to go inside the house to watch a quick YouTube video.

Ford dealer wanted to charge $99 for labour and it was very simple, so I just did it myself.
Used my ford points and it covered the full cost (~$155 after tax, Canadian).

Attached before and after pictures for comparison

edit: attached a pic of the 1 bolt that’ll go through the bottom of the plastic bumper

Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick FA1EB89B-3E3E-4C61-B929-CB957328D5B9

Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick 93FDB995-BB6B-4998-85FC-77967E2F5395

Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick 82E33DBC-3E96-44B8-927A-D18F10EBBC89

Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick B759E973-CE3D-426A-BEA9-2699823A158E

Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick 98A4CFD5-3F9A-4073-BA2A-7912F12CD3F8
Ford Maverick Ford mud flaps installed on Alto Blue Maverick 3AB04FD8-8BC2-4B2B-B424-E72D6F408FF3
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice! Are the rear as easy to install as the front?

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They look good,I have been planning on doing this when mine ever comes in.

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed them the first day I had my truck. The rears take a bit longer, mainly because I took my time, but I think the total time spent was 30-45 minutes for all 4 wheels, at a nice pace.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the front flaps on my AB truck last week. 10 minute job total and perfect fit. No rear flaps on mine, I don't care what happens behind the truck.

good luck....

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
I did the front first so I already had the hang of it. A couple extra little steps for the rear but I wouldn’t say it was hard. Rear driver side you do have to drill through the plastic bumper piece beneath the truck. Rear passenger side had a bolt already in place so you just remove the bolt and then use the same hole to attach the mud flap.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did the front first so I already had the hang of it. A couple extra little steps for the rear but I wouldn’t say it was hard. Rear driver side you do have to drill through the plastic bumper piece beneath the truck. Rear passenger side had a bolt already in place so you just remove the bolt and then use the same hole to attach the mud flap.
Drill?! I’m out. That sucks. I really wanted those.

OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
Drill?! I’m out. That sucks. I really wanted those.
It’s a very tiny hole just for the rear passenger side mud flap and it goes through plastic.. super simple. If you really want to skip it you could just opt to not secure it to the bumper. There’s already 4 connection points connecting the mud flap to the wheel well anyway

also added a pic to the post to show where it’s drilled underneath

Last edited:
Sponsored

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It’s a very tiny hole just for the rear passenger side mud flap and it goes through plastic.. super simple. If you really want to skip it you could just opt to not secure it to the bumper. There’s already 4 connection points connecting the mud flap to the wheel well anyway
And it's on the underside where no one would ever see it.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And it's on the underside where no one would ever see it.
If you all knew me you would understand. I’d find a way to fuck up the engine drilling in the rear or injure myself!

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you all knew me you would understand. I’d find a way to fuck up the engine drilling in the rear or injure myself!

If you are incapable doing that you probably should not be operating a 4000lb vehicle.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You joke, but someone managed to fuck up the fuel tank while applying a spray in bedliner...
Sponsored