Ford Maverick XL WRONG COLOR

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW
Don't want Toyota, go post on a Toyota forum, where they care.
Yes, yes, only ford. Don’t talk about anything else or you will be BANNED!!!!

team FORD OR NOTHING! Don’t bring Any other nonsense comparable to here!!!!

Be banished!!!

team Motorcraft! Team ford! Team Lincoln and all great things made in Merica!!!!
Sponsored

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting since the very first day you could Reserve a Maverick last year I ordered a cactus gray XL. It finally showed up this week and it’s black. They don’t have any trucks coming to sell as a dealer (only custom orders) and they can’t put anymore orders in until the 2023 orders open. I have a black f150 and was looking forward to the lighter color for a work truck and being in San Diego. Anyone dealt with this problems before? Or also is anyone interested in a black hybrid XL Maverick in San Diego. Will save some money instead of $5-$10k markups

CAA38853-679A-430A-B556-E7B9BB59902D.jpeg

193397CD-E703-4A9B-9719-2C7144CE6AE3.jpeg
Can’t the dealership repaint it in their shop?

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t the dealership repaint it in their shop?
It would cost exponentially more to prep and paint that.

not to mention the quality may not be as good locally.

when cars get painted, they are painted by very precise robots that paint things like insides of the doors before it goes to final assembly where all the plastic is lit on.

not to mention, cars are usually dipped in an anti corrosive dip to help with long term corrosion.

it’s better to just find another car

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can have cactus gray in any color you want....as long as it's black. That def sucks and should have been caught. But still I'd be driving away in it.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would cost exponentially more to prep and paint that.

not to mention the quality may not be as good locally.

when cars get painted, they are painted by very precise robots that paint things like insides of the doors before it goes to final assembly where all the plastic is lit on.

not to mention, cars are usually dipped in an anti corrosive dip to help with long term corrosion.

it’s better to just find another car
Quality may or may not be an issue, I couldn’t say. As for price, if the dealership screwed up, they should pay for it. If Ford screwed up, have it repainted at the dealership and Ford reimbursed them. I sure wouldn’t expect to have to wait for another Maverick and get it in 2023 or 24 or 25 lol.

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quality may or may not be an issue, I couldn’t say. As for price, if the dealership screwed up, they should pay for it. If Ford screwed up, have it repainted at the dealership and Ford reimbursed them. I sure wouldn’t expect to have to wait for another Maverick and get it in 2023 or 24 or 25 lol.
The issue is that the ordering system sends an email to the individual witness the color.

there is some ownership for you to make sure your order is ok

lastly, you wouldn’t want a car that’s been repainted. It will likely have corners cut and have issues with title etc you may not want to deal with.

best to ask the dealership to cut off some money from the car and maybe get it wrapped.

Last edited:

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The issue is that the ordering system sends an email to the individual witness the color.

there is some ownership for you to make sure your order is ok

lastly, you wouldn’t want a car that’s been repainted. It will likely have corners cut and have issues with title etc you may not want to deal with.

best to ask the dealership to cut off some money from the car and maybe get it wrapped.
If it was originally correct as a gray and something went wrong during the following months, I don’t see any way that the customer should be required to make sure there weren’t mistakes made down the line. Just my viewpoint . It still stinks for him either way.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your order sheet (the one you signed and sent back to them) says black you're kinda SOL. Becomes hearsay at this point and your dealer holds no fault since you signed for a black XL Maverick. Best of luck though!

Sponsored

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't want Toyota, go post on a Toyota forum, where they care.
But... They probably already know? It's a Toyota forum?

I think our good man Ron here was specifically saying "if you're being asked to pay over $30k for a $23k truck, and you're really wanting a truck, they've got this option that'll likely hold significant value instead of making $5k disappear into thin air"

Because truthfully I didn't know you could get a Tacoma priced that low.

Thanks for the info @RonFetty , good lookin' out for folks

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But... They probably already know? It's a Toyota forum?

I think our good man Ron here was specifically saying "if you're being asked to pay over $30k for a $23k truck, and you're really wanting a truck, they've got this option that'll likely hold significant value instead of making $5k disappear into thin air"

Because truthfully I didn't know you could get a Tacoma priced that low.

Thanks for the info @RonFetty , good lookin' out for folks
Educated people on the forum. You get it. Kudos. You have restored my faith here.

I use to think my posts go into a black hole before I read your post 🙏

CatsupGladiator

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a screenshot of the email confirming my order and it lists the color of my truck.
Screenshot_20220207-174035_Yahoo Mail.jpg
This confirmation email is for the XLT you said you turned down, where is the confirmation for the XL that probably shows a black one?

Last edited:

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This confirmation email is for the XLT you said you turned down, where is the confirmation for the XL sthat probably shows a black one?
I talk to this guy via chat. He’s basically taking bids for anyone that wants his spot.

Send him a message with how much you would be willing to pay over msrp and he will consider giving you his position and talking to the dealer.

I was interested, but I’m just gonna wait for my Area 51 to be built.

I thought we were all fam here, but hey. Making money is making money..

CatsupGladiator

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way the post was initially written appears to cast as if Factory botched to paint color, trying to reinforce that notion with confirmation email from a different model. Perhaps dealer entered the wrong color, but OP still signed off on the wrong color on the build sheet. OP had a chance to catch error when reviewing the build sheet and again with the confirmation email for the build anyone here has yet to see for the vehicle in question.

If black is someone's jam and you want to help OP turn lemons into lemonade by providing the sugar and water more power to you, I'd just temper expectations seeing the information provided thus far has been a little suspicious from my POV.
Sponsored