First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do the spring rates compare to stock?
Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awesome! I've been eyeing your site and hoping that you guys would confirm Maverick fitment. I'm coming from Subaru world and have gone as far as getting DMS 50mm gravel suspension on my Legacy stage car.

The only barrier for me to lifting the vehicle is concerns about the lifespan of the CV joints. I spoke with a ford engineer on reddit (loki240sx, go stalk him...) who confirmed that lifting the vehicle puts the CV joints out of their desired range, and that the front half-shaft assembly on the Tremor is actually different due to the lift.

If I could line up a suspension kit with something on the front and rear for some geometry correction that would be AWESOME.

Ianhacker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hyundai elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be an odd question. I'm waiting for xlt front wheel drive hybrid. Is there a kit for this? Thought I'd ask. Be nice to see it on it.

GSTRIDR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trail
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might be an odd question. I'm waiting for xlt front wheel drive hybrid. Is there a kit for this? Thought I'd ask. Be nice to see it on it.
Agree. Biggest reason for me to get the Mav is the hybrid powertrain. Still need good ground clearance, though. Otherwise, why not get a Ranger of Colorado in 2023? Their mpg will be close to the ecoboost.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Engine
Undecided
What's this do to warranty? Obviously the work wouldn't be covered, but is there other items that would become invalidated?

Biggest thing I am looking at the Tremor for is lift and tires. Tires are easy, lift less so. If I could lift a FX4, get 4k, and upgrade tires it may sway me...
Hard one to answer...as a whole, nothing. By law it can't (Moss-Magnusson Act), but if you lift and blow a CV joint, they'll be quick to point at the lift. If you lift and your windshield wipers stop working...well...the lift certainly wouldn't cause that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Engine
Undecided
Certainly, we just need to see if spring rates differ. Other than that, component placement wouldn't change. From an accounting position, you want more parts to cross over from platform to platform.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Engine
Undecided
How do the spring rates compare to stock?
Very very close. On a comfort setting, usually within 10%. Ford didn't release any info on spring rates (and I've not tested them), but we studied the shock dyno to determine rates based on the stock shock damping.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport OBX
Engine
Undecided
This is awesome! I've been eyeing your site and hoping that you guys would confirm Maverick fitment. I'm coming from Subaru world and have gone as far as getting DMS 50mm gravel suspension on my Legacy stage car.

The only barrier for me to lifting the vehicle is concerns about the lifespan of the CV joints. I spoke with a ford engineer on reddit (loki240sx, go stalk him...) who confirmed that lifting the vehicle puts the CV joints out of their desired range, and that the front half-shaft assembly on the Tremor is actually different due to the lift.

If I could line up a suspension kit with something on the front and rear for some geometry correction that would be AWESOME.
In the rear, I can absolutely see that (it's like a Subaru multi-link) but we offer a spacer to drop the subframe 1.5" - so if you lift 1.5" geometry is right back. 1/2" of variance (2" lift/ 1.5" spacer) is probably within Fords allowed tolerance.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you guys confirm you have done a test fit with the subframe spacers?

To me it doesn't look like there is 1.5" of free clearance between the exhaust and the lower arm mount points on the subframe.

I can measure more accurately if that would be helpful.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20220905_190151318~2

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick LIFT KIT suspension from Flatout Suspension!! PXL_20220905_190119047~2

Sholtzy92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4 4kTow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the GR lites, interested to do the install and see what it’s all about, I plan to do 2inches of lift I didn’t order any sub frames drops or anything else just strictly the kit and hardware it comes with. Will write up a review for sure. On the install and the performance when it’s all said and done.

Sponsored

horop

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Following up on this. I am interested in lifting my XL FWD Ecoboost at least 2-3”. I can’t shop the other kits because they are only applicable for AWD Mavericks. Would the GR lites be able to accomplish this on my FWD? Thanks in advance

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the GR lites, interested to do the install and see what it’s all about, I plan to do 2inches of lift I didn’t order any sub frames drops or anything else just strictly the kit and hardware it comes with. Will write up a review for sure. On the install and the performance when it’s all said and done.
Any update on the kit? Can it be lifted the full 3" or just 2"?

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not received it yet, their website says 8-10 weeks this will be week 4 since I ordered!
Hopefully you get it soon. How high you plan on setting it at?