First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pick up my Bed Mat today from dealership. Unrolled when I got home. Your right, it thick enough to it to be very sturdy but there are these embedded particles in the mat, all over. As if these particles were in the mix when molded. Is it supposed to have this or is it supposed to be all black? Really do not like the look because of this. If it is supposed to be all black I will try to get a replacement.
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg
IMG_2323.JPG
I personally haven't noticed besides the packaging for the mat being dirty. I threw it on, made sure it lined up and shut the tonneau cover. I plan on getting the tailgate protector next then I'm pretty much done my Maverick Mods.
Sponsored

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If its the under side it may be alright but otherwise i would have it looked at.ive had 5 bed mats over the years but didnt look at all like that.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are threads baked into the rubber mat. Same situation with my Westin Ranger mat. You won’t care as soon as you throw some crap in the bed and it’s dirty on day one. Even stepping on the mat leaves a dusty footprint more noticeable than the threads.
Yes, looks like threads, Right about the dusty footprint. Stepped on it and sure enough.
I'll probably take it back when I go to pick up my Maverick in the next week or two and ask them.
Thanks.

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, looks like threads, Right about the dusty footprint. Stepped on it and sure enough.
I'll probably take it back when I go to pick up my Maverick in the next week or two and ask them.
Thanks.
If you have a problem with it, I would bring it back sooner than later. Less of chance that you'll hear "You had it for x amount of days you probably did it". Just my two cents.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered the Black Bed Mat on Friday and picked it up today. Its a heavy rubber that fits the bed pretty nicely and it has rubber grips on the bottom to allow trapped water to drain out. It was a straight forward installed, just unroll it and fit it to the bed. Im not worried about driving with the tonneau cover off with how heavy it was.

Im planning to get the bed line-x’d in a few weeks. For now im perfectly happy with this. Only thing I wish ford sold was a seperate rubber piece for the tailgate.

D8DE323A-9CCA-4F86-BDEF-982508DBBDED.jpeg
Or get one of those DYI kits and do the tailgate yourself, My only choice here in Hawaii is Zbart $625 or linex a grand so I'm thinking Maverick bed liner and a DYI kit for my hybrid. Do it yourself and save I always say

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, for the bed mat, I plan to measure to the center of the D rings in the bed floor, transfer those measurements to the heavy bed mat and cut those out with 2" hole saw (or whatever the correct size is).
Have you done this yet and, if so, which size hole saw turned out to be the best for this?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bed mat with tailgate liner installed
I just did the same thing today -- mat and liner.

I found out that the tailgate liner rattles a bit at the bottom, so I took it off and put some weatherstripping on the inside of the liner along the bottom edge (multiple pieces with spaced between so water can drain if needed). Nice and tight now.

BTW, I like having the slick tailgate liner and the non-slick bed mat. It makes it easier to slide stuff across the tailgate, but stuff doesn't slide around too bad in the bed.

N6DCR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

I found out that the tailgate liner rattles a bit at the bottom, so I took it off and put some weatherstripping on the inside of the liner along the bottom edge (multiple pieces with spaced between so water can drain if needed). Nice and tight now.
Mine is fine, came with the wrong hardware like others had said, had to go to the dealer and they gave me the right one

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is fine, came with the wrong hardware like others had said, had to go to the dealer and they gave me the right one
Interesting. Could be mine was just stacked some way that got it tweaked a bit. (I also got 2 sets of hardware -- the bad and the good)

After I installed it and tightened everything down, I still noticed a very slight rattle. I found that there was a very small gap between the bottom edge and the tailgate. If you tapped it you could feel the plastic click against the metal. Maybe if I had laid it out in the sun for a while it would have been ok.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BTW, I like having the slick tailgate liner and the non-slick bed mat. It makes it easier to slide stuff across the tailgate, but stuff doesn't slide around too bad in the bed.
Awesome, I plan on ordering the liner this coming week.

WayneGL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome, I plan on ordering the liner this coming week.
I received mine this morning - it isn't the same as pictured in Ford Accessories, it doesn't have cutouts for the front anchors, and it doesn't lay flat - too large for distance between wheel wells. Had it delivered to dealer (cheaper and lucky) and Parts agreed it is not the same product even though it has the Maverick logo. They are following up.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bed mat with tailgate liner installed
PXL_20220228_223737970.MP.jpg
This is my plan too. I got the bed mat yesterday and I'm waiting for the tailgate liner to come in. Now all I need is a truck, which should be here at the end of the month.
Sponsored