First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered the Black Bed Mat on Friday and picked it up today. Its a heavy rubber that fits the bed pretty nicely and it has rubber grips on the bottom to allow trapped water to drain out. It was a straight forward installed, just unroll it and fit it to the bed. Im not worried about driving with the tonneau cover off with how heavy it was.

Im planning to get the bed line-x’d in a few weeks. For now im perfectly happy with this. Only thing I wish ford sold was a seperate rubber piece for the tailgate.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed D8DE323A-9CCA-4F86-BDEF-982508DBBDED
Sponsored

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you order it from. Ford accessories shows it out of stock.

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you order it from. Ford accessories shows it out of stock.
I went directly to the dealer near me and he was able to get it in for today. He told me dealers get priority over online orders and can get out of stock items faster. For example he said he can get me the FITS kit in early March

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given you have the mat and the cover, do you really need and bed liner now? I could understand if you plan to haul loads to rock, sand, loose dirt etc., but otherwise?

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given you have the mat and the cover, do you really need and bed liner now? I could understand if you plan to haul loads to rock, sand, loose dirt etc., but otherwise?

Honestly I’ve been thinking about that! I work on the Infrastructure side of IT and so far the bed has been extremely useful hauling old servers and cables around. I think I might just save my money for now and maybe get the line-X some other time. Maybe if I can get the hardened bedliner panels at some point I can throw those on the sides. The one thing I dont like is that the bed mat covers the D rings on the bed itself

Do you have any suggestions to cover the tailgate?

[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, for the bed mat, I plan to measure to the center of the D rings in the bed floor, transfer those measurements to the heavy bed mat and cut those out with 2" hole saw (or whatever the correct size is). Nice, clean factory appearing hole. I already have a full set but you can probably get a inexpensive set on Amazon for $10-15 and have them for future use. Below is just a representative pic, no need for a bi-metal blade for hard rubber, something designed for wood would work. And if you google 'tailgate protector' you can find some similar heavy mats that protect just the tailgate (if they are available for the Maverick yet). good luck....

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed xruIi0

Last edited:
OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, for the bed mat, I plan to measure to the center of the D rings in the bed floor, transfer those measurements to the heavy bed mat and cut those out with 2" hole saw (or whatever the correct size is). Nice, clean factory appearing hole. I already have a full set but you can probably get a inexpensive set on Amazon for $10-15 and have them for future use. Below is just a representative pic, no need for a bi-metal blade for hard rubber, something designed for wood would work. And if you google 'tailgate protector' you can find some similar heavy mats that protect just the tailgate (if they are available for the Maverick yet). good luck....

xruIi0.jpg

Awesome idea! I will look at getting a cheap kit for this, I am thinking about getting a rubber floor mat and finding a way to secure it to the bed, maybe with an adhesive pad. I will look at measurements tomorrow and see if I can may find a way to "clip" it to the bed". I want it to be safe enough that I wont have to worry about it flying out of the bed when the cover is up.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered the Black Bed Mat on Friday and picked it up today. Its a heavy rubber that fits the bed pretty nicely and it has rubber grips on the bottom to allow trapped water to drain out. It was a straight forward installed, just unroll it and fit it to the bed. Im not worried about driving with the tonneau cover off with how heavy it was.

Im planning to get the bed line-x’d in a few weeks. For now im perfectly happy with this. Only thing I wish ford sold was a seperate rubber piece for the tailgate.

D8DE323A-9CCA-4F86-BDEF-982508DBBDED.jpeg
Ordered mine online and received five days later. Only issue I have is the one I ordered based upon the part number on the Ford Accessory site was supposed to have relief for the floor mount D rings and it didn't...looks exactly like yours

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine online and received five days later. Only issue I have is the one I ordered based upon the part number on the Ford Accessory site was supposed to have relief for the floor mount D rings and it didn't...looks exactly like yours
Is there a mark on the underside on where to cut for the D rings?

First Name
Carol and Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Ecoboost Carbonized Gray
I went directly to the dealer near me and he was able to get it in for today. He told me dealers get priority over online orders and can get out of stock items faster. For example he said he can get me the FITS kit in early March
Thanks for letting all of us know how to get this Mav bed mat quicker. Our truck won't arrive at the dealer in Reno, NV for another 9 wks . I'll inquire about that mat now to arrive on time. This forum is great at getting good first-hand tips. Much appreciated.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for letting all of us know how to get this Mav bed mat quicker. Our truck won't arrive at the dealer in Reno, NV for another 9 wks . I'll inquire about that mat now to arrive on time. This forum is great at getting good first-hand tips. Much appreciated.
No problem!

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

D8DE323A-9CCA-4F86-BDEF-982508DBBDED.jpeg
Pick up my Bed Mat today from dealership. Unrolled when I got home. Your right, it thick enough to it to be very sturdy but there are these embedded particles in the mat, all over. As if these particles were in the mix when molded. Is it supposed to have this or is it supposed to be all black? Really do not like the look because of this. If it is supposed to be all black I will try to get a replacement.
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed IMG_2322.JPG
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed IMG_2324.JPG
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed IMG_2327
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed IMG_2326
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Black Bed Mat installed IMG_2323.JPG

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bedliner, bed tray, and tailgate protector are back in stock on accessory website. Dealer wasn’t able to order before, but they were able to now.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pick up my Bed Mat today from dealership. Unrolled when I got home. Your right, it thick enough to it to be very sturdy but there are these embedded particles in the mat, all over. As if these particles were in the mix when molded. Is it supposed to have this or is it supposed to be all black? Really do not like the look because of this. If it is supposed to be all black I will try to get a replacement.
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg
IMG_2323.JPG
I would say something is wrong.i would have the parts person look at it.

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG
IMG_2327.jpg
IMG_2326.jpg
IMG_2323.JPG
Those are threads baked into the rubber mat. Same situation with my Westin Ranger mat. You won’t care as soon as you throw some crap in the bed and it’s dirty on day one. Even stepping on the mat leaves a dusty footprint more noticeable than the threads.
Sponsored