Sponsored

Ford DASH CAM Packages

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
That's a joke, I put dashcams in all our family's vehicles and its usually so easy to do with just a plastic panel pry tool and some common sense. You can also pick the latest best dashcams, so I would definitely DIY.

This is a good one the Viofo A119 V3 I've used in a few vehicles, very discreet, if you have power in a mirror you can tap into that, otherwise any USB port.

^make sure youtube video quality is set to 1440p
Whoa, now that's some good quality! Do any of the Mavericks have power routed to the rear mirror? I'm just now realizing there is NO (that i can find) option on ANY trim to get an auto-dimming rear mirror... WTF Ford!?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whoa, now that's some good quality! Do any of the Mavericks have power routed to the rear mirror? I'm just now realizing there is NO (that i can find) option on ANY trim to get an auto-dimming rear mirror... WTF Ford!?
If not, its no big deal, you can run a cable up the headliner, down the a-pillar, under the glovebox, to a cig socket or USB down there pretty discretely. Most people don't even notice I have a camera until I point it out. I can take a picture of a few examples when home if needed.

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
If not, its no big deal, you can run a cable up the headliner, down the a-pillar, under the glovebox, to a cig socket or USB down there pretty discretely. Most people don't even notice I have a camera until I point it out. I can take a picture of a few examples when home if needed.
Do any of them have a way to "hard wire" say into a fuse socket etc? (completely new to dashcams but have been thinking about it with the new Mav)

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do any of them have a way to "hard wire" say into a fuse socket etc? (completely new to dashcams but have been thinking about it with the new Mav)
Yup, there are hardwire kits that go into fuses and what not, but I believe all the cams have that as another accessory to buy, and only include a very long USB cable and cig socket adapter, 2.1A I think. Pretty much all the dashcams use mini-USB power connectors, so I don't think its really proprietary. I upgraded an old dashcam I wired into USB socket for example to a new one just plugging the new unit in reusing the old power.

Sponsored

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
Yup, there are hardwire kits that go into fuses and what not, but I believe all the cams have that as another accessory to buy, and only include a very long USB cable and cig socket adapter, 2.1A I think. Pretty much all the dashcams use mini-USB power connectors, so I don't think its really proprietary. I upgraded an old dashcam I wired into USB socket for example to a new one just plugging the new unit in reusing the old power.
Great info, thanks! I've done a load of full interior swaps and car restoration in the past so running a power up the a pillar to the location would be ezpz (depending on the air bag locations) in the Mav. Def something i'll have to start researching as far as cam models go etc.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What model Thinkware camera is on the Ford site? The camera bundle also says interior rear facing. Does that mean it monitors the occupants and not the rear of the truck?

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a blackvue DRS 750 2 channel cam in my car...I paid a well known audio installer in my area to hard wire it for me. The cost for the front and rear camera was 330, and the install was 100 dollars. I thought about ordering the Ford cam for my maverick, but the install fee is just stupid

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you be able to use the Fordpass app to view the cameras remotely?

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
What model Thinkware camera is on the Ford site? The camera bundle also says interior rear facing. Does that mean it monitors the occupants and not the rear of the truck?
On the "Build Your Maverick" site it says "Dashcam - F200 IR Forward, Rear and Cab Cameras With Harness, by Aamp Global". On the Aamp Global site there's this page announcing their partnership with Thinkware: https://aampglobal.com/aamp-partners-with-thinkware/

Therefore I suspect the camera being offered is the Thinkware F200. https://us.thinkware.com/products-f200/

pat----
Sponsored