Sponsored

Ford can remove the Auto Start/Stop at the factory?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The LTE allows them to know the location of your vehicle 24/7. Need I say more?
So they know where you live, and where you work? They already know that. I'm not dismissing privacy concerns, but a dose of reality is in order. You can't escape some data harvesting these days. It's just a reality.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, too bad. Still don't see the point of the app, other than a way for Ford to collect data on you to sell to the highest bidder.
I mean… the point of the app is well documented lol but if you prefer conspiracy, thats your baby 🤷‍♂️

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they know where you live, and where you work? They already know that. I'm not dismissing privacy concerns, but a dose of reality is in order. You can't escape some data harvesting these days. It's just a reality.
Its very difficult to reason with the type of person youre trying to reason with lol once they go conspiracy they dont come back 😂 like they know where you live, work, and how much you make already anyways. Thats the stuff you tell them when you sign a purchase agreement lol what more could they possibly gain from knowing your trucks current location? I dont know or care… but this guy will for the rest of his life lol

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its very difficult to reason with the type of person youre trying to reason with lol once they go conspiracy they dont come back 😂 like they know where you live, work, and how much you make already anyways. Thats the stuff you tell them when you sign a purchase agreement lol what more could they possibly gain from knowing your trucks current location? I dont know or care… but this guy will for the rest of his life lol
Note to self: do not commit murders using maverick. Check.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean… the point of the app is well documented lol but if you prefer conspiracy, thats your baby 🤷‍♂️
Ford collecting data from it's vehicle/app users isn't a conspiracy, it's a fact. I'm not afraid of it, I just don't see any need to give them anything more than necessary. 😆

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP has a hybrid. The auto stop/start for hybrids is completely different than EB.
There’s auto stop/start for a hybrid? It’s using the battery when it’s going less than 20 mph, right?

I presume you’re joking.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There’s auto stop/start for a hybrid? It’s using the battery when it’s going less than 20 mph, right?

I presume you’re joking.
Totally different in fact, since there is no conventional starter in the hybrid to worry about wearing out. It can run on battery much faster than 20MPH.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford collecting data from it's vehicle/app users isn't a conspiracy, it's a fact. I'm not afraid of it, I just don't see any need to give them anything more than necessary. 😆
I’m with you for the most part; the less people know about my personal life, the better.

However, Ford knowing your general whereabouts from your truck’s location is a drop in the bucket (a big 10 gallon bucket) compared to what phone companies, service providers (Verizo, T-Mobile, …), TVs, tablet companies, and help devices (Alexa, turn the lights down) know about you.

Dude, they have a mic that’s constantly on, and some devices have a camera that can be turned on without you knowing. Let that sink in while you ponder what Ford might do with the knowledge of your location.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m with you for the most part; the less people know about my personal life, the better.

However, Ford knowing your general whereabouts from your truck’s location is a drop in the bucket (a big 10 gallon bucket) compared to what phone companies, service providers (Verizo, T-Mobile, …), TVs, tablet companies, and help devices (Alexa, turn the lights down) know about you.

Dude, they have a mic that’s constantly on, and some devices have a camera that can be turned on without you knowing. Let that sink in while you ponder what Ford might do with the knowledge of your location.
Which is why I don't own any of that smart junk, and won't use the Ford app. I'm sure companies have tons of data on us all. I don't really care too much, I just don't see the need for LTE in the truck when I already have it in my phone. Just something else I'm pay for, for no reason when buying the vehicle.

Reactions: fmt
Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally different in fact, since there is no conventional starter in the hybrid to worry about wearing out. It can run on battery much faster than 20MPH.
You’re saying it’s not a joke? What auto stops when a hybrid comes to a complete stop? The combustible engine (CE) is already off.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You’re saying it’s not a joke? What auto stops when a hybrid comes to a complete stop? The combustible engine (CE) is already off.
Every full hybrid ever made auto shuts off and turns on the ICE whenever the system wants to, so yeah not a joke. 😆 I did say it was totally diffrent than the auto stop of a ICE only vehicle, so I thought that was clear.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which is why I don't own any of that smart junk, and won't use the Ford app. I'm sure companies have tons of data on us all. I don't really care too much, I just don't see the need for LTE in the truck when I already have it in my phone. Just something else I'm pay for, for no reason when buying the vehicle.
You don’t have a smart phone? That’s the biggest culprit. If not, good on you…at least for privacy’s sake. Bad on you for everything else. 😊 I resisted getting one for years, but that iPhone is ridiculously useful.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every full hybrid ever made auto shuts off and turns on the ICE whenever the system wants to, so yeah not a joke. 😆 I did say it was totally diffrent than the auto stop of a ICE only vehicle, so I thought that was clear.
Clearly not. 😉

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You don’t have a smart phone? That’s the biggest culprit. If not, good on you…at least for privacy’s sake. Bad on you for everything else. 😊 I resisted getting one for years, but that iPhone is ridiculously useful.
I do have an iPhone, but location services are off unless I need the GPS, which might be a few times a year, I just know my area well enough to not need it much. Data is off unless I'm using it. All good practices, not only to protect your data, but also gives better battery life too.
Sponsored