First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT rear seat removal. Need more room for Tri Bike, not passengers.
It looks pretty straight forward and no wiring or sensors.
Has anyone removed the seat?
Sponsored

OP
OP
likeparty

likeparty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez team...nothing?

Ford Maverick Remove Back Seat need the room for Triathlon Bike IMG_20231011_101554588~2

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can ride forever regardless of the terrain or speed, that bike is going no where. I also have a cable lock on the backseat on case I need to leave it somewhere. But try to keep it at sight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
likeparty

likeparty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife had to buy a new Tri bike. It is fragile and finicky as heck. So when she drives hours to do a 140.6 mile race which includes over 100 miles on the bike, the road crud, dust, etc., prevents the bike from being race ready.
AND there is no way I am sticking north of $10,000 in a bike rack or in the bed where less than 5 minutes with a bolt cutter (or less) can result in a "change in ownership" of the bike.
NONE of this makes any sense. I hate the darn thing but she loves it...and spending 17 hours at full speed. NONE of this makes any sense.
The only sense I can come up with is in the back seat area protected and ...out of sight...out of mind for others. Thus got to find a way.

The Cyber Orange Guy.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick cyber orange
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps a tri-fold cover ? I mean, out of sight, safe, if you set it properly you could have way more equipment in that bed, plus keep your truck 100 intact.

OP
OP
likeparty

likeparty

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good thoughts received with thanks.
I do consider removing the seat to be temporary and can reinstall it during times of needing more passenger space...or at the end of our ownership.

OceanMan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3 now Maverick soon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife had to buy a new Tri bike. It is fragile and finicky as heck. So when she drives hours to do a 140.6 mile race which includes over 100 miles on the bike, the road crud, dust, etc., prevents the bike from being race ready.
AND there is no way I am sticking north of $10,000 in a bike rack or in the bed where less than 5 minutes with a bolt cutter (or less) can result in a "change in ownership" of the bike.
NONE of this makes any sense. I hate the darn thing but she loves it...and spending 17 hours at full speed. NONE of this makes any sense.
The only sense I can come up with is in the back seat area protected and ...out of sight...out of mind for others. Thus got to find a way.
I do tri's too, so I definitely get it. I would still find a solution in the bed. Like a tuxedo sentry and some kind of soft matting to lay the bike down, easily would fit with the front wheel removed... a lady sized bike may not even need the wheel off. But yeah nothing wrong with removing those seats if you definitely don't need the seating

azmotoxxx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get a 1UP USA rack, one of the best setups for road/tri bikes. They have locks as well that aren’t cable.
Sponsored