sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I, too, would be fond of this mounting position were it not for the intercooler.
I'd be worried if Ford installed such a high-strung engine package into a consumer vehicle that would have issue if 10% of it's intercooler had restricted airflow

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be worried if Ford installed such a high-strung engine package into a consumer vehicle that would have issue if 10% of it's intercooler had restricted airflow
I’m not sure where you’re pulling your claims as fact from so I’m just going to ignore those. But yes, I live in the south where it’s warm so obstructing airflow needed for cooling is an awful idea.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not sure where you’re pulling your claims as fact from so I’m just going to ignore those. But yes, I live in the south where it’s warm so obstructing airflow needed for cooling is an awful idea.
The percentage is a guesstimate based on the known size of the lights vs estimated size of the intercooler.

The lights have a combined surface area of 22.75 sq in and if the intercooler is 6"x30" then that's 180 sq in. (I don't have a truck to measure it)

22.75 / 180 = 12.6%

So if my visual estimate on the intercooler is close, then I stand by my point of Ford shouldn't be putting an engine package that will have problems if ~13% of it's intercooler has restricted airflow into a consumer vehicle. That's way too slim of a margin between "ok" and "prone to failure."

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I, too, would be fond of this mounting position were it not for the intercooler.
As I don't have a Maverick yet, I have no idea what is behind this false covers and if that is a viable mounting location. It just appears to me that would be a good place for fog lights. Can't say if it would or wouldn't work. :unsure:

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The percentage is a guesstimate based on the known size of the lights vs estimated size of the intercooler.

The lights have a combined surface area of 22.75 sq in and if the intercooler is 6"x30" then that's 180 sq in. (I don't have a truck to measure it)

22.75 / 180 = 12.6%

So if my visual estimate on the intercooler is close, then I stand by my point of Ford shouldn't be putting an engine package that will have problems if ~13% of it's intercooler has restricted airflow into a consumer vehicle. That's way too slim of a margin between "ok" and "prone to failure."
The opening for the intercooler is roughly 4” x 28”. That doesn’t account for all these vertical and horizontal plastic cross members. But just assuming that 4” x 28” is free and clear, which it isn’t, that is 112 sq. in. Your calculation of 22.75 sq. in. doesn’t account for any mounts or brackets but just going off that, those lights now would eat up over 20% of airflow. A more accurate number is probably closer to 25%.

For me, where I live in a climate where there are multiple months in a row with temps of 90+ with humidity at 80-90%, 25 percent air flow block would be detrimental.

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? 42E82BC3-621A-4348-A78F-772CEA76600D

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please explain as I am not aware of an intercooler.

Thanks.
It looks like a small radiatior, mounted below the radiator. It cools off the compressed air coming from the turbo before it goes into the engine.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I don't have a Maverick yet, I have no idea what is behind this false covers and if that is a viable mounting location. It just appears to me that would be a good place for fog lights. Can't say if it would or wouldn't work. :unsure:
If you are talking about the blanks where the tow hooks go, there is nothing behind there. Non FX4 trucks even lack the frame hardware where the tow hooks screw in, so it's a void. Not sure if the blanks are removable or molded in which would require cutting...

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do we know if those blank panels are molded or a separate piece that can be removed
I think I read somewhere that the FX4 bumper is a different piece from non FX4 which makes me think it’s all molded one piece

My plan is to remove my tow hooks to mount fog lights (as I have no need for the hooks)
Of course in the months I’ll be waiting for my Maverick to arrive I’m sure this and other issues will have been figured out

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But that is true. You could have paid for EB and FX4.
Not about money, many of us don't like turbocharged engines.
Ford could have left a much better looking blank space instead of an embossed area that looks like something is missing.
Reminds me of the dash cubby that doesn't belong.
Sponsored