First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 T&C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my 2023 XLT lux hybrid today (woohoo!). Looking it over and planning out my upgrades, I noticed that the pigtail covers in the bed are covered by the dibl. If I pull it back I can see them but have no access to them currently. Quite frustrated by this. Is this something I should have expected? Any workaround so I can use these as I was planning?

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_2743

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_2742
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is how the DIBL comes from the factory. Why they don't cut them out, I do not know for sure. You can independently remove the side panels of the liner and see if there are marks on the backside to cut those spots out. I thought about doing that, but currently don't have a need to use those, so haven't bothered to do so.

You would have to remove the tie downs, the bolt at the bottom end and any other hardware fitted over the liner to do this.

MavTime

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems better uncut since the factory access cover wouldn't cover the cut edge and they'd have to get the hole perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 T&C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok thanks. Not happy about those being covered but can work around it. Mostly wanted to make sure this was normal. Appreciate the responses!

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man Ford is really getting cheaper sorry they did away with the screws and little access port to get in behind them to the pig tails That's just not right and cheap🤔👎😱😧. Also something is not right .The pics with the carpet is my 22 XLT velocity blue. The top pic is my 23 XLT Atlas Blue both have the screws and access port . Why does my 23 XLT Have and yours don't 😧😱😱🤔👎

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_20230725_121208431

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_20231021_172553627

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_20231021_172304931

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my 2023 XLT lux hybrid today (woohoo!). Looking it over and planning out my upgrades, I noticed that the pigtail covers in the bed are covered by the dibl. If I pull it back I can see them but have no access to them currently. Quite frustrated by this. Is this something I should have expected? Any workaround so I can use these as I was planning?

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg
The caps you see simply snap out and temporarily hold the small 12v receptacle into which the pigtail plugs . Those wires are then connected to what ever device or receptacle you want to wire in or mount.

If you can pull the DIBL away enough, just reach in behind it, pull off the cap, install the pigtail and route the wiring to your location of choice...

good luck

Last edited:

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Following

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Whatever you were planning on doing with them you can do through the bedliner. You just have to cut a hole. Pretty easy. Best way is probably with a hot knife. I would pry the bedliner out and pop off the cover. The wire detaches easily and can be left to dangle. Then just line the cover up outside hole on the bedliner. Trace and cut. Then just use the cover on the bedliner instead of the body. Realistically they didn't bother doing this because there is a majority of buyers who will never touch those wires and would fear to even try if they wanted. As an accessory the bedliner is more or less always designed as an afterthought.

But hey if you got the gusto to modify the wiring on a modern vehicle, you probably have the ingenuity to cut a hole. You may not even want the large hole. I didn't need it and had to cut a hole in both of my plastic port covers to do what I wanted.

The wiring is also easily reached from underneath and has enough wire length to drop below the bumper for wiring work.

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_20230925_173331_129
Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_20230925_173341_049

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg
My Bedliner had cutouts for this area that had to be removed.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Bedliner had cutouts for this area that had to be removed.

The OP is talking about these, your DIBL has cut-outs for them?

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked 8TuALL

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg
Yep. Get access to those plugs. 👍

Ford Maverick Flex bed pigtails blocked IMG_0574

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't take long to remove the side panels to cut out for the 12V doors. The lines are there as a guide to cut them out with a jig saw. Easy Cheesy.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The OP is talking about these, your DIBL has cut-outs for them?

8TuALL.jpg

Yup,the indents were there,just had to finish the cut with a utility knife.
Sponsored