Sponsored

First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be?

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

RE: hitch and connector cover = Yes, I followed those. So you bought a cover and made your own? I was hoping someone was selling one. :(
Ford makes/sells the blank part as if there is no hitch. You can buy the piece from them but then you’ve got to cut the holes for your 2k or 4k hitch setup. The cutting is the easy part. 😉
Sponsored

Mdavis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I like things that coordinate with what's there. That leaves me to say matte black letters. They coordinate with all the black trim yet will stand out.

Is that a close-out cover over the trailer hitch and 4 pin connector? I like it- can you send a link so I can purchase one?
I made one out of carbon flber

Ford Maverick First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be? IMG_1777

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What would be the confusion between "colour" and "clolor"?

Fmp0926

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
McLeod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always tell the dealer to omit any advertising on vehicles I order. And I prefer to not make existing advertising/logos even more visible. Jeez, they're big enough as it is, without filling them in with a contrasting colo(u)r, IMO.
I always remove any dealer markings as I'm not predisposed to being a rolling free billboard for the dealer. However, I'm proud to let other drivers know I own a Maverick and the tailgate letters help with that since they're far more visible than just the stamped tailgate.

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really wished the makers of these letters would have a sample pack of colors for their products. That I would buy. Getting the proper color match on the tailgate lettering speaks volumes about the driver. I have a MY24 that is "Carbonized Gray Metallic", and for the life of me I cannot decide on a stupid color. But then, when I need to paint a room, I end up with 10-15 sample containers of blue. I pick one and then my other half says we are going with green. So obviously I need help. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Lettering.jpg
Take a look at mine, raised chrome.

Ford Maverick First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be? maverick2.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

donaldtr54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really wished the makers of these letters would have a sample pack of colors for their products. That I would buy. Getting the proper color match on the tailgate lettering speaks volumes about the driver. I have a MY24 that is "Carbonized Gray Metallic", and for the life of me I cannot decide on a stupid color. But then, when I need to paint a room, I end up with 10-15 sample containers of blue. I pick one and then my other half says we are going with green. So obviously I need help. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Lettering.jpg
I started with black, then changed to “stars and stripes “.

Ford Maverick First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be? IMG_0788

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lettering.jpg
airforce blue,,duh LOL

MavUnicorn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick EcoBoost XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you like the monochromatic look on vehicles, choose some version of gray. If you want a color that "pops", and provides a contrast to the gray, choose orange, yellow or a blue green, like teal, cyan, or aqua. Post a pic when you have made a decision. Blessings!

RFEJR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be? Mav 11
Ford Maverick First World Issue - What color (not to be confused with colour) should my Tailgate Lettering be? Mav 10

Black and Silver Flag
Sponsored