Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally picked up my Maverick last Friday (7/29/2022):
- Hybrid, Lariat, Lux package, CP360, Velocity Blue
- Took over a canceled order that was placed 9/28/21
- VIN assigned April 2022
- Built 7/8/2022
- Delivered to dealer 7/26/2022

I took delivery of it in the Chicago area and drove it to my home in the Detroit area.

It's everything I expected, and a little more!

Highs:
- Fuel economy: From the label FE and this forum, I was expecting low to mid 30's on the trip back (Mostly highway at 75-78 MPH). I got 39.1!
- Interior sound: I was expecting it to be average. I found it to be significantly quieter than I expected (Better than my wife's 2020 Explorer).
- Ride quality: To me it feels firm but just compliant enough to be comfortable. It has a very solid feel. Bigger trucks like the F150 are more
compliant, but also have that "jiggle" feel when going over significant bumps at speed. The Maverick's unibody construction eliminates that.
- Interior space: For as small as it looks from the outside, it feels surprisingly roomy on the inside. I like the low height of the forward part of the
center console because it gives you more leg room and prevents your leg from having to rest against the hard surface.
- Fit and finish: The gaps between the doors and the cab appear tight and even and the doors have a solid feel when closing.

Lows:
- Content: I would have expected a Lariat with the Luxury package to include a POWER passenger seat and a FULL set of floor mats!
- Rear seat: As mentioned in other posts, I hope Ford considers making the back seat split so you don't have to completely empty
the rear seat to access the storage space underneath. This would be especially inconvenient if you have a child car seat or two.
If an Ecosport with a similar starting price range can have this feature, I don't see why they can't include it on the Maverick.

Overall, this is a fantastic vehicle and a game changer! I've been wanting a hybrid for a long time, but I was waiting for something
different than I had been driving for the last 16 years (Escapes, Edges). As soon as the Maverick was revealed, I knew it would be
my next ride.

Hopefully soon, future buyers will be able to get these without paying a huge markup or waiting 9-12 months.
Sponsored

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my FX4 Lariat Lux about a month ago and absolutely love it so far. I agree the ride has a solid feel and fit and finish seems spot on. No rattles, squeaks, or leaks so far. Most of the time I drive like there's a cup of piss sitting on the dashboard so I'm getting around 28 mpg city driving.

Only things I can think of I'd improve on would be a slide feature for the center console top armrest to move forward a few inches. Also, my phone fits fine in the little upright section of the center console but when its plugged in for Apple carplay, it doesn't. Seems like it needs a little cutout in the bottom to accommodate for the cord.

Biggest thing though is the color of the interior. The blue looks ok but I'd have preferred a dark grey or black color option for the interior plastics and same for the seats.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have just over 2,000 miles on my Hybrid Lariat Lux and I feel the same, its GREAT! I drive mostly highway and I am still averaging over 44mpg total. Way better than I ever expected.

I do agree with the center console lid comment, just a couple inches forward would be great. Also agree with a good place to put your phone with it's plugged in for CarPlay. Mine normally ends up in the slot behind the cup holders, upside down, so it's at least within reach if I need it.

Anthony

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your entire review, but especially this bit:

"- Interior sound: I was expecting it to be average. I found it to be significantly quieter than I expected (Better than my wife's 2020 Explorer)."

Waiting on a Hybrid Lariat Lux and this is one of my few concerns, so this is reassuring that it will be fine! Do you notice much of a sound difference when the gas engine cycles?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting on a Hybrid Lariat Lux and this is one of my few concerns, so this is reassuring that it will be fine! Do you notice much of a sound difference when the gas engine cycles?
It's much quieter than my Fusion Hybrid was. At regular cruising speeds I'd be hard pressed to determine whether the engine is running or not. Under more acceleration you hear it but the extra displacement or perhaps exhaust design wizardry keeps it from sounding like a compact 4-banger; almost has a little bit of V6 grumble.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KJ86

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

"- Interior sound: I was expecting it to be average. I found it to be significantly quieter than I expected (Better than my wife's 2020 Explorer)."

You do hear it a little when you're doing modest acceleration (Getting up to speed from a light). When you're going at a steady speed, you can barely notice the transitions. It's never intrusive.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
I am also hoping it is quiet. Not being able to test drive a Mav really sucks. I have a 2013 Honda Insight so I am used to really loud road noise and uneven braking issues. I expect those in the Maverick but I'm hoping it is a quieter ride on concrete highways (concrete has the most tire/road noise IMO).

Sponsored