Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took the ’23 Hybrid Maverick for its first road trip this weekend. Have been getting roughly 45 mpg in the city and was curious what it would get on the freeway. Took a 200 mile round trip and averaged (dash calculations) right at 36 to 37 mpg. Drove 75 mph in eco mode all day. Also wanted to try out some features that seem to me to make more sense to use on the freeway than in the city. I really like the adaptive cruise control. Am quite glad I switched from XLT to Lariat Lux during my waiting period so I could get this feature. (Thanks to the forum members whose discussions alerted me to know I needed to make this change.) I also tried the lane centering system. Took some getting used to for me as I wanted to steer more than it needed me to. Then when I’d give up and let it do the driving, I’d get the “Put your hands back on the wheel” warning. I got into a patch of highway where the lane lines were not clearly visible and got the “disconnected” notification. What I did not expect was that it “reconnected” by itself once the lane lines were visible again. Not sure I'll use this feature much but was fun to play with on this trip. Finally, we wanted to see how well the vent mode on the moon roof combined with the open rear window would work to vent out the smoke from the wife’s cigarette. She never smokes in the truck when in town. Worked very well. All in all the truck made for an easy and comfortable freeway trip. Am really happy with the truck after almost 3 months and 1650 miles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sundancer370

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think you’ll like the lane centering once you get used to it. I’ve made a few 200 mile trips and found I’m not as tried at the end as I was with my old car. Also the Stop and Go of the adaptive cruise is really nice in heavy traffic

OP
OP

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think you’ll like the lane centering once you get used to it. I’ve made a few 200 mile trips and found I’m not as tried at the end as I was with my old car. Also the Stop and Go of the adaptive cruise is really nice in heavy traffic
Am guessing you may very well be correct regarding getting used to the lane centering. Using the adaptive cruise in heavy traffic, I have concerns when my speed is reduced rapidly as a car pulls in in front of me and then slows down? Concerned I might get rear ended when my truck slows quickly without any brake lights. I really like it in lighter traffic, though.

sundancer370

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Am guessing you may very well be correct regarding getting used to the lane centering. Using the adaptive cruise in heavy traffic, I have concerns when my speed is reduced rapidly as a car pulls in in front of me and then slows down? Concerned I might get rear ended when my truck slows quickly without any brake lights. I really like it in lighter traffic, though.
While I haven't confirmed this through any type of testing (would almost need someone to follow me) what I've read is that if the Maverick slows the vehicle by using the engine/transmission or regen braking there will be no brake lights. However if it has to apply the brakes to slow down quickly the brake lights will come on. I often will still use the brakes myself in this situation just to be safe.

Cobra1guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took the ’23 Hybrid Maverick for its first road trip this weekend. Have been getting roughly 45 mpg in the city and was curious what it would get on the freeway. Took a 200 mile round trip and averaged (dash calculations) right at 36 to 37 mpg. Drove 75 mph in eco mode all day. Also wanted to try out some features that seem to me to make more sense to use on the freeway than in the city. I really like the adaptive cruise control. Am quite glad I switched from XLT to Lariat Lux during my waiting period so I could get this feature. (Thanks to the forum members whose discussions alerted me to know I needed to make this change.) I also tried the lane centering system. Took some getting used to for me as I wanted to steer more than it needed me to. Then when I’d give up and let it do the driving, I’d get the “Put your hands back on the wheel” warning. I got into a patch of highway where the lane lines were not clearly visible and got the “disconnected” notification. What I did not expect was that it “reconnected” by itself once the lane lines were visible again. Not sure I'll use this feature much but was fun to play with on this trip. Finally, we wanted to see how well the vent mode on the moon roof combined with the open rear window would work to vent out the smoke from the wife’s cigarette. She never smokes in the truck when in town. Worked very well. All in all the truck made for an easy and comfortable freeway trip. Am really happy with the truck after almost 3 months and 1650 miles.
It's to bad Ford makes people pay up for that feature. I bought a Toyota RAV4 Le in 2019 and it's was a standard feature.
Sponsored