Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cassanos, are you kidding? Go to a local joint. There one right up the street, dough me knows.
Cassanos is a OG local joint. Local to Dayton for 60 some years. Classic Dayton style pizza. Marions is the best in the world hand down. If I'm dining in its always Marions, but carryout will go to Cassanos. I do like Joes on Airway Rd, The Barn and Catanzaros in Springfield, and Sparkys up Urbana though.

I almost spent $200 to have 3 pizzas shipped to Maui from Marions though last Christmas, but worried it would start and expensive addiction.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BB0

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is looking really good!!
So I have a few questions. Did you let the dealership wash and detail your Maverick before you picked it up? Any parts of the Maverick you would do differently now that you're finished? Did you blow dry or hand dry? Did you use the same buffing rag for the whole time or swap out after a while. When I did my Mom's car I used a single buffing rag and later I wonder if I should've swapped out with a clean one after doing so much buffing with the same rag. I'm new to doing this level of detailing so still learning and getting my technique squared away. I've been using Adam's products for about a year now and so far I've just have done ceramic on my Mom's PT Cruiser and my 2 Harleys. All have turned out really nice, but I think they could be better. I didn't use a clay bar on any of them, somehow I overlooked the clay bar part, I've since gotten one. I'm still waiting on my Maverick. After writing to Ford Corporate Customer Executive I was finally scheduled, but I think as a way of punishing me for complaining, my build week was getting bounced around and now keeps getting pushed back. Might have push out another email! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for any advice you can give.
Oooo good questions let me try to answer them all:
-Yes but it downpoured the day of pickup. The Adam’s shampoo did a good job of stripping the leftover stuff 🙂
-definitely the plastic and bedliner; I used detail spray but got some water spots; I will use Vinyl/Rubber/Tires (VRT) going forward.
-After claybar and lube I allowed it to air dry. The prep step for the ceramic that came after lube got rid of the clay streaking and left my desired finish.
-Swapped buffing rags frequently! I did not use the same rag for more than 1 part of the process.

These things definitely take practice and I’m no master! I’m sure you will improve again when your Mav comes in and you’ll be able to give us tips with what you learned 🙂 I hope it’s not too much longer!

Looks awesome!! THAT is alot of work, how long do you estimate it lasts? Do you hand wash? I was going to do a simpler process for the Mav, my husband is probably never going to wash it 😠

I have a guestroom & live outside Orlando if you want to stay w your wife and ceramic coat my husband's Mav 😆 that is coming in Mon. He will be out of the country for 2 weeks end of April too! J/K I can't wait to have the house to myself for 2 weeks 🎉🙌🏼

Any easier applications products you recommend?
Thank you! Time well spent for me since I had the company of my wife the majority of the time 🙂 the coat typically lasts about two years but can be extended with semi-frequent use of a ceramic boost after washes. To answer your other question, I hand wash.

Hahahah well I hope you enjoy your time! That would be the perfect weekend to stock up on detailing and Mav gear 🙂

Adam’s ceramic spray coating or the equivalent chemical guys product would be great! The difference is that the layer would be thinner and more susceptible to breakdown than the full kit I used. It does take a lot less effort and time though and still looks great!

That looks really nice. I'm thinking of getting my Maverick done, but done by professionals as I have zero confidence in my ability to be that meticulous, plus time consuming. I got a bid of $625 with 5 year warranty. I will probably get the SIBL first. How long did it take you?
I understand; you’ll be happy you did! That price is great. It took me about 8 hours for everything you see there, but today I have to go over it with a ceramic boos which will add about another hour. All in all not too bad!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So happy with how it came out! Still have to VRT the trim and apply the ceramic boost tomorrow after the coat cures but I think it turned out wonderfully! Sure there were areas I could have improved but I am happy with my results 🙂

Process used:
1) wash with Adam’s car shampoo
2) claybar with clay lube (chemical guys)
3) Adam’s ceramic coating kit (not the quick spray stuff) step one, basically isopropyl alcohol on one body panel at a time.
4) Adam’s ceramic coating kit step two in 2’x2’ sections as it describes on the body panel prepped in step 3.
5) buff off when rainbow effect appears (15s-30s).
6) Adam’s graphene detail spray on wheels
7) Adam’s tire dressing
8) Adam’s detail spray on windows and trim (though I think I could have done better here but I was exhausted at this point!)

I think it turned out great 🙂 pics:
8C658AA1-4787-4EA9-B9C9-DF9BBAB87FD1.jpeg
A13C45F7-CE37-42E0-8FF6-BA869A3683CA.jpeg
3C857AD4-E625-4244-A417-A392A192356D.jpeg
36EBCDCB-B757-40E3-8941-B627B8779D44.jpeg
E30C2F97-B4AD-473A-96F9-EBBD31640E04.jpeg
Wow my truck will never look like that. It sits out in the punishing sun and rain - no Garage here. It gets washed 3 x per year in the warm weather. The paint will look like heck in 6 years and I will trade it for Maverick 2 I will prop my feet in the recliner and watch it rust...

Reactions: BB0

Rainey

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
So happy with how it came out! Still have to VRT the trim and apply the ceramic boost tomorrow after the coat cures but I think it turned out wonderfully! Sure there were areas I could have improved but I am happy with my results 🙂

Process used:
3) Adam’s ceramic coating kit (not the quick spray stuff) step one, basically isopropyl alcohol on one body panel at a time.
4) Adam’s ceramic coating kit step two in 2’x2’ sections as it describes on the body panel prepped in step 3.
7) Adam’s tire dressing
8) Adam’s detail spray on windows and trim (though I think I could have done better here but I was exhausted at this point!)

Looks beautiful!! Great job.

Sponsored

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Process used:
7) Adam’s tire dressing

Looks amazing!! Con

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Process used:
7) Adam’s tire dressing

Wow, your truck looks amazing, great job! I love Adams Polishes! I'm going to clay & wax, but not ceramic, hopefully this week. Baby steps, lol.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder whether there is a difference between the $1500 ceramic coating professionals offer and the cheap kits people attempt themselves.

Probably decent stuff, but visually the truck shown in photos looks the same as mine after using hybrid ceramic (or even regular paste) wax.

I had one car ceramic coated, but it had an expensive custom paint job. The Maverick just isn’t valuable enough for professional work, so these diy kits or just regularly waxing seem appropriate to me.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Looks better than new! I have Area 51 as well. This color looks so good whether it's clean or dirty. It's a very easy color to maintain too as it hides a lot of dirt. I haven't washed my Maverick in over two weeks and it still looks clean.

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Process used:
7) Adam’s tire dressing

Looks Great!!!

If you had any ceramic coating left, have you tried using it on the hard plastic inside, especially the bottom of the door and then perhaps inside and the door handle. Thinking it will make cleaning that area a bit easier. Hope it would help a speck on the light scratches as well.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks fantastic. I’ve only used Ceramic spray finishes ( basically a hybrid blend for ease of use) and eventually will step to a proper ceramic coat whenever my Area51 hybrid arrives. Nice job!

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
-Yes but it downpoured the day of pickup. The Adam’s shampoo did a good job of stripping the leftover stuff 🙂
-definitely the plastic and bedliner; I used detail spray but got some water spots; I will use Vinyl/Rubber/Tires (VRT) going forward.
-After claybar and lube I allowed it to air dry. The prep step for the ceramic that came after lube got rid of the clay streaking and left my desired finish.
-Swapped buffing rags frequently! I did not use the same rag for more than 1 part of the process.

These things definitely take practice and I’m no master! I’m sure you will improve again when your Mav comes in and you’ll be able to give us tips with what you learned 🙂 I hope it’s not too much longer!

Thank you! Time well spent for me since I had the company of my wife the majority of the time 🙂 the coat typically lasts about two years but can be extended with semi-frequent use of a ceramic boost after washes. To answer your other question, I hand wash.

Hahahah well I hope you enjoy your time! That would be the perfect weekend to stock up on detailing and Mav gear 🙂

Adam’s ceramic spray coating or the equivalent chemical guys product would be great! The difference is that the layer would be thinner and more susceptible to breakdown than the full kit I used. It does take a lot less effort and time though and still looks great!

I understand; you’ll be happy you did! That price is great. It took me about 8 hours for everything you see there, but today I have to go over it with a ceramic boos which will add about another hour. All in all not too bad!
FYI……if you want a GREAT longer term tire solution, Feynlab Black Velvet tire sealant is pretty good. Lasts several months with a satin to gloss shine in normal use. $15-20 for a bottle. Do NOT get it on the rims or your clothing. It will not come off easily. Make sure the tires are good and clean of all that brown crap buildup. Put down a base layer, allow to dry, then one or two more. Once the “base” coating is established, it will be quite durable. They have another one that will last a year but the extra cost isn’t worth it and it’s only for commercial detainers, supposedly.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks for replying great stuff! I picked up some VRT a while back and it does a great job on VRT! Thanks again for your answers.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder whether there is a difference between the $1500 ceramic coating professionals offer and the cheap kits people attempt themselves.

Probably decent stuff, but visually the truck shown in photos looks the same as mine after using hybrid ceramic (or even regular paste) wax.

I had one car ceramic coated, but it had an expensive custom paint job. The Maverick just isn’t valuable enough for professional work, so these diy kits or just regularly waxing seem appropriate to me.
Typically a decent Pro Job will use ceramics that will be good for 5 years to Lifetime whereas the ceramic coating that are applied by users will be 1 year to 5 years. The spray stuff doesn't last typically more than 6 months to 1 year or so.
Sponsored