First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0EB First Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took out my little boat for the first time with my Maverick today and wanted to pass on my impressions.

First some Stats:

Boat: 11 foot Boston Whaler SuperSport. Total weight of boat motor trailer and gear is not much maybe 1000lbs

Trip length: 160 miles round trip of flat towing, 40% on interstate highway, 60% windy levee road.

Speed: I set the cruise control on the Highway at 65, and averaged between 40 and 60MPH on the levee road. I used the tow haul driving mode.

MPG: 23.5

Impressions:
First, I knew the Maverick would have no problem pulling my little boat as I was pulling it with Fiat 500 Abarth prior to buying the Maverick. My hope is that I can also pull a larger boat in the future, but for now its what I have.

Tow/Haul: Similar acceleration and shifting to the sport mode, again its over kill with my boat, but I wanted to use it. What I really liked about this mode is the increased engine breaking. Coming from a manual car where I did a lot of downshifting to help deceleration , the "Normal drive mode of the Maverick feels like it is coasting, when in Tow/Haul you can actually feel engine breaking.

Break light Controller: Its cool that it recognizes your trailer, turns off blind spot monitoring (though I wish I could turn off the notice the truck displays on start up), and that it tests your lights every time you hit the breaks or the blinkers. What wasn't so nice is that it sensed a fault in my left hand side blinker so a audible and visual warning came up on the dash EVERYTIME I hit the break or left blinker. I checked my lights at the gas station before getting to far along, and confirmed all my lights were working properly. I even un-plugged and re-plugged them in, but it didn't fix the issue. I tried to find a way to turn off the warning but I couldn't figure it out.

Power and fuel Economy: Again my boat is tiny, so I didn't think power would be an issue, and it wasn't I am very impressed with this truck when ever I need to use the go pedal. The fuel economy is exactly where I thought it would be, I anticipate high mid to teens if pulling closer to the max capacity.

Overall I am very happy. would like it if it I can find a way to turn off the nanny warnings.

Ford Maverick First towing experience with the Maverick & small boat MAv
Sponsored

zarnold56

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hauled my boat to get winterized today with my new Maverick with 4k towing. Lund Angler 1650, probably close to 2000lbs and the Mav handled it like a champ. Only 23 miles, I ran cruise at 71 in tow haul mode. It was very smooth, super impressed.
Ford Maverick First towing experience with the Maverick & small boat 20211108_100123

OP
OP
SactoJohn

SactoJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0EB First Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hauled my boat to get winterized today with my new Maverick with 4k towing. Lund Angler 1650, probably close to 2000lbs and the Mav handled it like a champ. Only 23 miles, I ran cruise at 71 in tow haul mode. It was very smooth, super impressed.
20211108_100123.jpg

Nice! I like your boat, too bad you have to put it away in the winter.
Sponsored